CIMALP BLIZZARD: TRAIL RUNNING JACKET FOR WINTER AND COLD CONDITIONS
CIMALP BLIZZARD:TRAIL RUNNING JACKET FOR WINTER AND COLD CONDITIONS. Our TRAIL RUNNING section starts today with a set of articles where we will present different winter clothes from the French brand CIMALP to use this Autumn and Winter from trail running to ski touring activities.
As you may remember, we presented you last week the CIMALP WINTERTIGHT specially designed for running in cold conditions, and today is the turn of the upper part: the CIMALP BLIZZARD Jacket to run in winter and cold conditions too. It came with a price of 75 € (now discounted) 369 grams of weight and multiple features.
TRAIL RUNNING JACKET FOR WINTER AND COLD CONDITIONS
Who is CIMALP? CIMALP is a mountain French brand created in 1964 by a mountaineer who has distinguished himself by trying to develop technical and reliable products, but at affordable prices.
Established at the foot of the Alps between Vercors and Monts d’Ardéche, CIMALP designs material for all mountain sports: skiing, hiking, mountaineering and mainly Mountain Running, that in a few years become the star of the company within the French market. They are technical products at a contained price and only available online.
Stretchable, insulating and breathable, the BLIZZARD is a must-have when temperatures drop! Ideal for running in winter, even as a top layer if not raining or snowing.
CIMALP BLIZZARD: DATA SHEET
- Price: 94,90€, now available for 74,90€
- Weight: 369 grams in size M, little heavy, however the warm protection plays a big role in this jacket.
- Windbreak: good, +60km/h
- Insulation WARM
- Fabrics CIMAFLEX POWER 250g/m2
- Stretchability: 3D-FLEX® WEAVING: 100% STRETCH
- Breathability: Totally breathable
- Eco-friendly: Bluesign® preserves natural resources and reduces the impact on the environment, Oeko-Tex 100 certified safe for humans, the environment and animals
- Use: Fast-Hiking, Cross-country skiing, Nordic walking, Trail Running
- CIMAFLEX HIGH PERFORMANCE TECHNOLOGY: Ideal for running in cool weather, this jacket is mixing two fabrics too keep you warm throughout your running sessions.
- WINDPROOF: up to 60km/ windproof, making them perfect for any active winter session, running, skiing, skating, etc…
- LIGHT, WARM AND STRETCHABLE FOR ACTIVE WINTER ACTIVITIES: This jacket is really warm thanks to the CIMAFLEX POWER 250g/m2, and together with the windproof and breathability, is perfect for snow runs, active winter hikes, cross country skiing or any other sport where being dry and warm is a requirement.
CIMALP BLIZZARD JACKET: FIRST IMPRESSIONS
As all the CIMALP products that we have received until now, the first impression is related to the quality of the products, how they have been thought through, with multiple details that really help during the activities they have been designed for.
In the case of the BLIZZARD jacket, I can say the is warm and really breathable, maybe not super-light as the +350 grams make it little “heavy”, but in the other hand when temperatures are really below +5°C it is worth it to have a fabric that protects you against the cold.
Thick enough that you really feel protected during the cold runs this winter in the Alps, as you can see in the pictures and with some interesting details like the chest pockets, so you could also use it as mid layer for skiing and set up the skipass inside the pocket.
The Blizzard was born as a second intermediate layer, but in practice it allows you to not wear anything else and even use it as an outer top layer when it is cold, as long as it does not rain or snow heavily.
In my case, we have already shared several adventures. Some ski days in Sölden where i used as mid layer, having only under it a merino t-shirt. Some other, of pure snow trail running as you can see in the pictures, at temperatures around 0°C and -5ºC, or even a gentle run still without snow at +5°C.
This particular model seemed to me to be of special interest because of its warmth and breathability. The combination comes from the fact that it includes details such as the Cimaflex fabric and the differentiated man / woman pattern.
Now it also adds in its favor, that starting from an official price of € 90, these days the brand’s own official website has a special offer at € 75, both for the male and female version.
Stay tuned for more info as we will will continue testing it very soon, together with the other winter trailrunning clothing provided by CIMALP.
CIMALP TRAILRUNNING RACING COLLECTION 2022
CIMALP FRENCH MONTAGNARD BREATHABLE T-SHIRT: technical and lightweight smart-dry fabric, which also makes it ultra light and ensures perfect moisture management.
- CIMALP KENYA H SLEEVELESS T-SHIRT: echnical and lightweight smart-dry fabric, ensuring perfect moisture management. Its CIMAFRESH® treatment limits odours and bacteria.
- CIMALP ATLAS T-SHIRT: being made with recycled and REPREVE-certified fibers. Their CIMAFRESH® treatment prevents the development of bacteria and bad odours. The ATLAS T-shirt is perfect for any outdoor activity.
- CIMALP GUERET ULTRA-LIGHT RUNNING SHORTS: lightweight, stretchy Trail Running shorts feature a perfect fit, a zipped pocket, and a drawstring. Soft and comfortable, their elasticity and strength make them perfect for running in almost any condition. The CIMAFLEX® technology provides aultra-stretch material that’s lightweight and stretches horizontally and vertically, for improved performance, optimal comfort during outdoor activities.
CIMALP STORM PRO 3 H – ULTRASHELL TRAIL RUNNING JACKET: Cimalp Storm 3H is a mountain technical jacket with weight of 260 grams, on size M, with no more or less than 20,000 mm of Ultrashell® waterproof membrane and 80,000 g/m2/24h of breathability that will be an indispensable piece for any mountain activity.
- CIMALP VISION ONE ALL MOUNTAIN: sunglasses designed with the only objective of providing maximum comfort and protection for the most demanding trail runners.
CIMALP MOUNTAIN GEAR 2022
CIMALP VINSON 5H:3 layer jacket that thanks to that ULTRASHELL membrane® provides a membrane waterproof of 20,000mm and a breathability of 80,000 mvp, with a weight of 690 g. and a price, right now in sales of € 269. Designed for extreme conditions.
CIMALP PITON 2H: pants with a waterproof membrane of 10,000mm and a breathability of 10,000 mvp, and a price, right now in sales of 119€, comfortable, versatile and resistant thanks to their elastic and protective inserts in the lower area of the leg. Perfect in any weather condition and for any activity, from hiking to skiing or mountaineering.
- CIMALP BORNAND 2 H: technical pants have been designed to be versatile enough to match any winter activity: cross-country skiing, snow rackets, winter hiking, skating, winter mountain biking.
CIMALP BLIZZARD 3H: trail running thermal jacket with up to 60km/h wind protection, now in offer for only 55€.
CIMALP HERCULE:ski and alpinism gloves with a waterproof membrane of 20,000mm and a breathability of 80,000 mvp, and a price, right now in sales of 99€. Made for PROS by PROS, these gloves are our warmest and toughest ski gloves ever.
- CIMALP MAX FLY: ultra light goggles, designed for ski mountaneering, paragliding and also for alpine ski. For 49€ and a surprisingly weight of 45 grams.
- CIMALP X TRAIL: Comfort, lightness, stability, traction and durability, as the Cimalp website cites, these are the 5 premises with which they launch these new Cimalp X-Trail. Shoes that combine lightness and dynamism for mountain runners and hikers looking for a shoe for everything.