CIMALP MAX FLY: ULTRA LIGHT (45G.) SKI MOUNTAINEERING GOGGLES
CIMALP MAX FLY: ULTRA LIGHT (45G.) SKI MOUNTAINEERING GOGGLES. Our SKI section bring us today another winter gear fomr the French brand CIMALP: the MAX FLY ultra light goggles, designed for ski mountaneering, paragliding and also for alpine ski.
Although the utterly minimalist design of these goggles may first seem somewhat surprising at first glance, far from heavily framed ski goggles, they feature well-thought-out solutions which are their “raison d’être”: resason to be. They come with a prize of 69€, now disccounted for 49€ and a surprisingly weight of 45 grams.
CIMALP MAX FLY:
ULTRA LIGHT (45G.) SKI MOUNTAINEERING GOGGLES.
Who is CIMALP? CIMALP is a mountain French brand created in 1964 by a mountaineer who has distinguished himself by trying to develop technical and reliable products, but at affordable prices. Established at the foot of the Alps between Vercors and Monts d’Ardéche, CIMALP designs material for all mountain sports: skiing, hiking, mountaineering and mainly Mountain Running, that in a few years become the star of the company within the French market. They are technical products at a contained price and only available online.
This winter we have already intoruduced you 3 different winter gear form them:
CIMALP VINSON 5H: 3 layer jacket that thanks to that ULTRASHELL membrane® provides a membrane waterproof of 20,000mm and a breathability of 80,000 mvp, with a weight of 690 g. and a price, right now in sales of € 269. Designed for extreme conditions.
CIMALP PITON 2H: pants with a waterproof membrane of 10,000mm and a breathability of 10,000 mvp, and a price, right now in sales of 119€, comfortable, versatile and resistant thanks to their elastic and protective inserts in the lower area of the leg. Perfect in any weather condition and for any activity, from hiking to skiing or mountaineering.
- CIMALP HERCULE: ski and alpinism gloves with a waterproof membrane of 20,000mm and a breathability of 80,000 mvp, and a price, right now in sales of 99€. Made for PROS by PROS, these gloves are our warmest and toughest ski gloves ever.
And today is the time of the perfect complement for our adventures this winter: a ski goggle, specifically designed for high intensity activities, so no fog and great side/periferic vision.
The CIMALP Fly Max, have been well though, as they have spent more than a year in research and development on these googles together with Matteo EYDALLIN, Ski Mountaneering World Champion and 3 times Pierra Menta podium fonisher and pilot Frederic SOUCHON, so they have tested them on so many flies and so many summits, that you can be fairly confident about purchasing one of the most advanced and effective model ever produced.
CIMALP MAX FLY: DATA SHEET
- Price: 49€* at the moment on sale, normal price 69€
- Weight: 45 grams
- Wrap-Around screen for Panoramic Vision
- Usage: Ski touring, Paragliding according to the brand specifications, however we have also used them on Alpine Ski and we are sure they will do a great job on Winter alpinism and glacier crossing on cold weather.
- Technology: Side vents + anti-fog coating to prevent from fogging-up
- Comfortable double-layer foam + velvet covering
- Adjustable strap suiting all helmets’ sizes.
- Impact resistant Polycarbonate screen
- Cat 3 flash mirror screen – UV400
CIMALP MAX FLY: HIGHLIGHTS
- ULTRA LIGHT WEIGHT: only 45 grams. The weight has been reduced as it has not frame and the foam is lighter than the one used in the ski masks.
- MULTI SPORT GOGGLE: tested them on so many flies and so many summits, that can be one of the most advanced and effective model ever produced for many disciplines, from the brand specifically designed for ski mountaneering and paraglinding, but also great to be used in winter alpinism, alpine ski and any other high intensity activity.
The strap is big enough to be sued with different helmets, from climbing to traditional ski as you can see in the different pictures.
CIMALP MAX FLY: CONCLUSIONS
This goggles might not be the typical ones, being far from heavily framed ski goggles, they feature well-thought-out solutions which are their srtong points.
Moreover, they really work well in cold and high intensity conditions, specifically designed for ski mountaneering and paraglinding, but also great to be used in winter alpinism, alpine ski and any other high intensity activity.
While going uphill and many of the glasses or goggles will start to fog, this ones keep on being dry and allow you to enjoy the landscape and be safe while climbing throught difficult terrain.
The category 3 flash mirror screen offers great protection against the sun and also provides enough claritry in the shadow areas or late in the afternoon, when sometimes is difficult to see the snow surroundings.
CIMALP MAX FLY: PHOTO GALLERY
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ,
CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SUPPORT US IN PATREON.COM/MAYAYO