CIMALP VINSON 5H: DESIGNED FOR EXTREME CONDITIONS (20.000mm/80.000 MVP)
CIMALP VINSON 5H: DESIGNED FOR EXTREME CONDITIONS (20.000mm/80.000 MVP). Our MOUNTAIN GEAR section brings us today this third layer jacket for all types of mountain activity from the French brand CIMALP.
Jacket that thanks to that ULTRASHELL membrane® provides a membrane waterproof of 20,000mm and a breathability of 80,000 mvp, with a weight of 690 g. and a price, right now in sales of € 269.
CIMALP VINSON 5H: DESIGNED FOR EXTREME CONDITIONS.
269€ | 690 GR. | 20.000mm/80.000 MVP
Who is CIMALP? CIMALP is a mountain French brand created in 1964 by a mountaineer who has distinguished himself by trying to develop technical and reliable products, but at affordable prices. Established at the foot of the Alps between Vercors and Monts d’Ardéche, CIMALP designs material for all mountain sports: skiing, hiking, mountaineering and mainly Mountain Running, that in a few years become the star of the company within the French market. They are technical products at a contained price and only available online.
CIMALP’s innovation, makes its 3-layer Rip-stop fabric and equipped with the latest generation Ultrashell® membrane a superlative jacket. It’s a long-term investment with unbeatable value for money!
Ideal for both winter mountain activity, from cross-country skiing, alpine, hiking in any season or expeditions.
CIMALP VINSON 5H: DATA SHEET
- Price 399 €, BUT right now -33%, so only 269 €
- Weight: 690 gr.
- Water protection: 20’000mm water pressure or 20’000 Schmerber
- Breathability: Ultra breathable 80,000g/m2/24h
- Wind protection: Excellent, +100km/h
- Sun protection: Excellent – 50 UPF
- Recommended Usage: Mountaineering, Cross-country skiing, Extreme cold, Snowshoeing, Winter hiking
- Fabrics: UltraShell® 3 capas Stretch 3D – 180g/m2
- Technology: Ultrashell
- Sizing advice: Regular – Choose your usual size
- YKK ventilation zips under the arms
- Multiple interior pockets with headphone slot
- 3-point tightening hood compatible with helmets
- KEVLAR® reinforcements on shoulders
CIMALP VINSON 5H: HIGHLIGHTS
Hardshell jackets are designed for the alpine: they’re highly windproof, waterproof, breathable, and durable. This is the outer layer you turn to for ultimate protection while backcountry and resort skiing, mountaineering, alpine climbing, and 4-season trekking.
The VINSON 5H is numerous mountain guides’ favourite in France an in Italy. This updated version of our most protective hiking and mountaineering jacket, reissued in new colours, features a waterproof and breathable Ultrashell® membrane, as well as Kevlar® reinforcements to last a lifetime.
- Resistant with KEVLAR® reinforcements on the shoulders to protect the fabric with the use of a backpack.
- Heat-sealed seams waterproof to 20 000 mm of water breathability of 80 000 MVP.
- Ergonomic cut, stretch and lightweight, which adapts perfectly to the body.
- Multiple interior and exterior pockets
- Fit in the hands
CIMALP VINSON 5H: CONCLUSIONS
Important update of one of the most famous jacket of the French brand Cimalp. A reliable and solid jacket for skiing and mountaineering, with qualities similar to its sister the Cimalp Advanced 3H, but with much more “body” in addition to the Kevlar reinforcements that are really appreciated when the wind and blizzard blow hard, but with a breathability of 80,000 mvp and a much longer durability.
To get an idea of the level of the membrane, suffice it to say that the mountain runners of the Hundred Miles of Chamonix (Ultra Trail Mont Blanc) are required a 10k/10k garment. Here we have a waterproof membrane of 20,000 mm of breathable of 80,000 MVP.
This means that it is twice as waterproof and that sweat is evacuated up to eight times more. It is not the best membrane in the world today, but it does come very close. And that, when we are going down to the top or going up a hill, is appreciated.
Shortly we will start with the in-depth test in the Alps and we will tell you about it here in trailrunningspain.com
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ,
CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SUPPORT US IN PATREON.COM/MAYAYO