CIMALP ADVANCED 3 H: ULTRA LIGHT, ULTRA RESISTENT JACKET FOR SKI AND MOUNTANEERING.
Cimalp Advanced 3 H: jacket for hiking, cross-country skiing and mountaineering with RECCO technology. Ultralight jacket, 390 grams, with a breathability of 80,000 g/m2/24h. Let’s go with the technical analysis by Héctor Rubio.
CIMALP ADVANCED 3 H
390g./20.000 mm/ 80.000 g/m2/ 399 €
Who is CIMALP? CIMALP is a mountain French brand created in 1964 by a mountaineer who has distinguished himself by trying to develop technical and reliable products, but at affordable prices. Established at the foot of the Alps between Vercors and Monts d’Ardéche, CIMALP designs material for all mountain sports: skiing, hiking, mountaineering and mainly Mountain Running, that in a few years become the star of the company within the French market. They are technical products at a contained price and only available online.
This Cimalp Advanced 3H is a 3-layer technical jacket with a featherweight of 390 grams, on size M, with no more or less than 20,000 mm of Ultrashell® waterproof membrane and 80,000 g/m2/24h of breathability that will be an indispensable piece for any mountain activity. Designed for extreme conditions and the most demanding adventures:
- Waterproof and breathable thanks to its Ultrashell® membrane: 8 times more breathable than a classic Hardshell membrane.
- A clean and technical look: a jacket designed for mountaineering with its ergonomic front zipper that allows the hood to cover the nose properly, laser-cut breathing holes that help you breathe easily while protecting your face from the elements.
CIMALP ADVANCED 3 H – ULTRASHELL® DATA SHEET
- Price 399€
- Weight 390 grams M size
- Ultrashell® membrane jacket 3 layers: Waterproof, windproof and breathable
- RECCO® system
- Durable Water Repellent Treatment (DWR)
- Ventilation zippers on the sides
- Hood with 3 adjustment points + moldable visor (helmet compatible)
- Multiple interior pockets with mp3 pitch
- Outer pockets: Two hand warmer pockets
- Interior pockets for glasses and electronics
- VISLON® waterproof YKK zippers® with double cursors
CONCLUSION BY HÉCTOR RUBIO
Important development from the French of Cimalp. A hard and solid jacket for skiing and mountaineering, with enough body to tuck in and last for many years… which also seeks to protect from wind and snow as usual, but breathing more than ever. To get an idea of the membrane level, sufficient it to say that the mountain runners of the Hundred Miles of Chamonix (Ultra Trail Mont Blanc) are required to wear a 10k/10k waterproof jacket.
Here we have a 20k/80k membrane, which means it is twice as waterproof and that sweat is out up to eight times more. It’s not the best membrane in the world today, but it does come very close. And that, when we’re going down to the top or going back some slope, is appreciated. As much or more than when we close and wrap the jacket to protect ourselves from the blizzard.
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ,
CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SUPPORT US IN PATREON.COM/MAYAYO