NEW BALANCE FRESH FOAM X 1080 V12 REVIEW: THE SAGA CONTINUES WITH GREAT CONFORT.
NEW BALANCE FRESH FOAM X 1080 V12 REVIEW: THE SAGA CONTINUES WITH GREAT CONFORT. Our RUNNING SHOES section brings us today the review and first analysis of this new NB FFX 1080 on its 12th version.
The new NB Fresh Foam X 1080 V12 are already available in some European countries and have arrived with a price of € 180, a weight of 294g, which is +29 grams as the previous version and a drop of 8mm. Let’s go with the review of its numbers.
NEW BALANCE FRESH FOAM X 1080 V12
180€ | 294 G. | DROP 8MM
NEW BALANCE FRESH FOAM X 1080 V12: DATA SHEET
- Price: 180 euros.
- Weight: 294 grams, gains 29 grams from the previous version the V11
- Stack height: 29mm/17mm
- Drop: 8 mm, remains the same as the previous version
- Upper: High-Flex Hypoknit, for comfort and a new zonal fit in the upper.
- Midsole: Fresh Foam midsole cushioning is specifically designed for an ultra-sprung, lightweight feel
- New Balances green leaf standards
- Outsole: blown Rubber outsole
NEW BALANCE FRESH FOAM X 1080 V12: HIGHLIGHTS
Meets New Balance’s green leaf standard: 50% or more materials are sourced as environmentally preferred. See below for this item’s material details.
An evolution of underfoot cushioning, the v12 utilizes new data to provide increasedcushioning and more natural flexzones
Accentuation of the damping areas and amendment of the flexibility in the upper.
- Soft and breathable Hypoknit upper with saddle support zones and flexible forefoot zones.
Slight changes in the geometry of the midsole in comparison with teh V11 version. It keeps concave and convex cells depending on whether we are on the inside or outside of the midsole.
A Fresh Foam with more volume to increase comfort and amoritiguation. A pleasure to run and run with this shoes, which apart from giving us great comfort, also offers us an interesting reactivity. Without reaching the type of answer offered by the FuelCell, but of course, we are talking about two totally different concepts, because here we seek greater comfort with the passage of the kilometers.
- Blown Rubber outsole. Some changes for a sole that has not gone bad at all in its previous versions. We see 3 very deferred parts, on the one hand both in heel and toe we maintain an area of NDurance Blown Rubber to avoid degradation.
- In the metatarsal area is where small but significant changes can be observed. The profile of the “lugs” is lowered a little to give greater flexibility to the shoe. Finally it keeps part of the Fresh Foam in the areas where the shoe will have less contact with the ground.
NEW BALANCE FRESH FOAM X 1080 V12: CONLUSIONS
The official weight has been increased in almost 30 grams, related to the previous version, leaving it just in the border of the 300 grams.
All in all a daily training shoe with great cushion and confort that arrives to its 12th version, as we mentioned, similar to the Asics GEL Nimbus 24, Brooks Glycerin 20 or the Saucony Triumph 19 that we also presented you here.
Obviously, this 12 versions means something, from the asphalt icon of New Balance not only for being part of the great family, but for having its own character that has helped many runners around the world to achievce their goals with great confot.
As soon as we have a pair of them, here in Europe to test we will let you know here at trailrunningspain.com
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ,
CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SUPPORT US IN PATREON.COM/MAYAYO