NEW BALANCE FRESH FOAM X 1080 V11: TEST 200KM, NEUTRAL RUNNING SHOES
NEW BALANCE FRESH FOAM X 1080 V11: TEST 200KM NEUTRAL RUNNING SHOES. New Balance Fresh Foam X 1080 V11 review: NB’s most rolling machine arrives with few changes. Our RUNNING SHOES section shows us today the new version of the most rolling shoe in New Balance. A shoe that brings few changes but certainly improves the success of its predecessor the NB 1080 V10 mainly reducing its weight.
You can see our original analysis of the 1080 V11 by Abel de Frutos and then thoroughly test by Iván Vila.
NEW BALANCE FRESH FOAM X 1080 V11.
TEST REVIEW BY POR IVÁN VILA.
The NB 1080 V11 is a high-end, neutral model for long and comfortable long running on asphalt. Provides premium cushioning thanks to the continuity of the Fresh Foam X. Keeping all the good of the previous version, such as the sole and midsole, and making slight changes to the upper.
As we will see, New Balance seeks to polish the small defects that its previous version might have. A shoe that we already liked in previous versions and that will surely be a bestseller in 2021. A few presentation photos and let’s go with the details.
FRESH FOAM X 1080 V11: TECHNICAL DATA (263GR/DROP 8MM/170€)
FRESH FOAM X 1080 V11
Continuing model this version 11 of the Fresh Foam X 1080. Try to keep the good of the previous version and improve some of the details in which it floated previously. The Fresh Foam X 1080v11 is the premium cushioning model with new balance’s most advanced technologies. It will allow us to make as many kilometers as we need during our training, being able to use it both to train and to compete depending on your weight and size.
It maintains the advanced Fresh Foam X, now with a new laser pattern and new geometric shapes that will make this version lighter, more flexible and more reactive. With an exceptional fit and breathability thanks to its new cover, improving and reinforcing the sides with its elastic fabric Hipoknit. In addition, also maintaining the Ultra Hell heel that holds and releases the Achilles tendon to perfectly accompany the movement.
- Price: 170€, which falls within the premium segment of asphalt shoes.
- Weight 263 gr, reduces its weight a few grams, from 280 gr of the previous version goes to 263 gr, which makes it stay in a slightly lighter shoe for those who want to compete with it.
- Drop: It retains the 8 mm drop with a floor height of 19 front and 27 behind, premium cushioning for this shoe intended for running, running and running.
- Upper: Changes in the cover, in which the Hypoknit fabric retains, but this time gives the feeling of going much more reinforced on the sides, area in which some runners have seen the cover a little slashed in the previous version. With this new cover we believe that these problems will go unnoticed, although we will not be able to confirm it until we do the test thoroughly.
- Midsole: In the midsole, we continue with the Fresh Foam X, this time using a new laser pattern and adding new geometric shapes that have helped lighten the shoe, make it more flexible and more reactive.
- Heel: It also continues to retain the UtraHeel, which is more anatomical, wrapping and creating a closer fit around the heel. Memory foam fills fills the gaps to create a more precise fit and comfort and support, and finally a smooth edge at the top of the heel against the achilles will reduce the risk of irritation and blisters.
- Sole: We appreciate the same Ndurance Blown Rubber sole. With hexagonal shapes that envelop the midsole 360 degrees. This continuity around the edge of the midsole provides a smoother feel and combats multidirectional forces. The rubber of the outsole is inserted into the EVA midsole. This provides a smooth platform and more weight reduction. In turn, it manages to reduce more weight and provide greater flexibility by offering us integrated bending grooves, which incorporate large hexagonal shapes giving greater stability in areas of higher pressure. Finally addS Ndurance Rubber to the heel and toe for durability.
NB 1080 V11: FRESH FOAM X CUSHIONING WORKS REALLY GOOD.
The area of the sole and the midsole has no novelties compared to the previous model. Why change something that works really well? And it is that, the most noteworthy aspect of the shoe is, without a doubt, its cushioning.
Based on the Fresh Foam X compound that characterizes the top models of the American brand. Soft but firm. And at the same time, stable and reactive. It’s not “soap”, no, it’s really going really well. Ask any acquaintance who has also run with them and see their answer. Therefore, medium weight runners, between 70-75kg approx, as is my case, are the ones that get the most performance from the reactiv cushioning that this new compound provides.
For higher weights, there are NB with higher ground height; for lighter people there are lighter and more agile models. Also note that this reactive cushioning helps in each stride to get the most out of this shoe. Without a doubt, the cushioning is what we would most highlight about this area of the New Balance 1080 v11.
NB 1080 V11 KEY CHANGES
The great novelties of this model are concentrated on the top of the shoe. In the area of the roof have been incorporated more holes that facilitate much more perspiration of the foot, we have not had any problems in this aspect. However, we have tried them during the winter season so the conditions are more favorable, in the spring-summer season it can affect breathability a little more.
The protection on the sides of the shoe helps, along with the Hypoknit material, a perfect support of the foot, this would be the second of the great aspects that we would highlight of this shoe: The comfort and great support it offers. Excellent performance, as it fits perfectly to the foot offering a sense of safety and great comfort at the same time. The heel area incorporates the UtraHeel compound, and is the one that arouses the most diversity of opinions.
At first, it has taken us a little while to adapt, as we are used to much more protection in the heel area, but the truth is that once a few kilometers and a few exits have passed for the test, we have already become accustomed and have not had any problems with this area of the shoe.
NEW BALANCE 1080 V11: FULL TEST
The truth is that we have enjoyed trying this top-of-the-range shoe from New Balance, even though we usually run more by mountain, on terrain very different from asphalt, actually. And although it may seem like a lie, we have also enjoyed running for miles and miles with this shoe thanks, to a large extent, to its comfort and great cushioning, two of the aspects that we would highlight the most, but we go in parts.
FROM ASPHALT TO TRACKS AND TRAILS
We wanted to be as versatile as possible when it comes to testing, so we have rolled the shoes on asphalt (75%) but we have also tested them on tracks and trails, without technical difficulty and compact soil for the most part.
As with most asphalt New Balances, the truth is that they also go pretty well through the countryside. However, without reaching the great performance that is obtained on asphalt. The main difference will come on tracks with more stones or loose sand. There, of course, they don’t have the reactivity you get on asphalt.
Still, thanks to its Ndurance Blown Rubber sole, which is not totally smooth, it defends itself quite well. Varied length: As befits a multipurpose shoe, we have made runs of all kinds. Long runs (22-23 kms) with quite high times (5:15-5:30 km), shorter runs (10-12kms but at a more intense pace, at least for me 😉,4:30-4:35 km). We’ve even fought together in series and fartlek sessions and, as I mentioned earlier, both on asphalt and in the forest.
The best performance and sensations of the shoe have been obtained in the long runs at more sustained rhythms where we have not noticed any discomfort when it comes after rolling during all the time that the outputs have lasted. Logical, of course, it is their true “comfort zone” even if they never lose their dignity by taking it out of it.
NEW BALANCE 1080 V11: CONCLUSION
The Fresh Foam X 1080 v11 is one of the top sneakers in New Balance (€170). It is a shoe to enjoy making kilometers and kilometers thanks to its great comfort and cushioning.
The support of the foot is perfect with what, together with the comfort and cushioning make it the ideal shoe for your daily training, even to participate in stockings or marathons since, with the passage of kilometers, do not lose any of the aspects that stand out the most.
They are ideal for high middleweight runners, who prioritize comfort and cushioning ahead of the stopwatch, although, true, they can also be squeezed smoothly to run at truly low paces. Once accustomed to UltraHeel the truth is that we have felt very comfortable with these high performance shoes for kilometer eaters, it certainly offers the top performance of the Brand New Balance.
After 200 kilometers they are still new so we will continue to enjoy the kilometers of asphalt with these 1080 v11.
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ,
CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SUPPORT US IN PATREON.COM/MAYAYO