TOP6 TRAIL RUNNING CUSHIONED SHOES 2021
TOP6 TRAIL RUNNING SUHIONED SHOES 2021. Our TRAIL SHOES section bring us today our particular review of the TOP6 cushioned trail shoes with a miniumn hight in the back of 30 mm of all the shoes we have been presenting you in the last year in here at www.trailrunningpspain.com
Obviously there might be many others and maybe you have a different opinion, so if you are missing any of the ones we presented during this 2021, please write it below in the comments section.
TOP6 TRAIL RUNNING SHOES 2021
To choose the shoes that we wanted to present here we have taking into account as a main parameter the ground high of minimun 30 mm in the back
So here is the list of the chosen ones:
- Inov-8 Trailfly Ultra G 300 Max
- New Balance More Trail V2
- Salomon Ultra Glide
- Saucony Endorphin Trail
- HOKA Mafate Speed 3
- La Sportiva Akasha II
INOV-8 TRAILFLY ULTRA G 300 MAX
INOV-8 TRAILFLY ULTRA G 300 MAX: DATA SHEET.
- Price €195
- Weight: 300g (average weight across size curve)
- Drop 6mm.
- Ground height: 30mm heel / 24mm forefoot
- Sole: Inov-8 G- Grip. Rubber rubber and graphene, with great traction and a lot of durability, already tested in previous shoes.
- Midsole: New G-fly foam with graphene.
- Chassis: Adapter-flex. New 10mm grooved last under your feet.
- Boomerang Insole. Increased cushioning and rebound.
- Lug depth: 4mm
- Fit: Grade 5 (inov-8 fit scale in the toe box is 1-5, with 5 being the widest)
INOV-8 TRAILFLY ULTRA G 300 MAX: HIGHLIGHTS.
As you can see in the tab above, not only is the midsole material new. In addition, TRAILFLY ULTRA G 300 MAX has been further boosted with a new cushioning. it is also the first trail shoe with deep cushioning that, thanks to the new ADAPTER-FLEX technology ™, adapts and reacts to uneven terrain. The 10mm smart groove under the feet releases the midsole and works in harmony with the foot, so runners feel connected to the track.
Of course, the new shoe also has a Graphene-Grip sole that, together with G-FLY and ADAPTER-FLEX, have patent pending. To this day, we have been able to roll this sole thoroughly with graphene in shoes like the INOV-8 GRIP.
Inov-8 first used Graphene in 2018 when it threw GRAPHENE-GRIP rubber into the soles of its range of running, walking and exercising shoes. Sales of its range with that wonderful rubber have soared globally over the past three years. Logical, then, that inov-8 prides itself on being the only manufacturer in the world to wear Graphene in sports shoes.
NEW BALANCE MORE TRAIL V2
NEW BALANCE MORE TRAIL V2: DATA SHEET.
Height to the ground: 29mm front / 33mm rear
Weight: 330 grams male / 265 grams female.
Upper: 75% made with recycled polyester.
Midsole: Fresh Foam X with the same desnsidad as the V1 and the same as the More V3 asphalt
Sole: VIBRAM XT TREK EVO, with greater resistance.
NEW BALANCE MORE TRAIL V2: HIGHLIGHTS
The guys from New Balance did not settle for the first version of the New Balance MORE TRAIL V1. But now they bring us the new MORE TRAIL V2 with many changes. Maintaining drop, and increasing weight, but giving a radical change to the sole.
The new VIBRAM XT TREK EVO sole, changes in the midsole using the same as the MORE V3 asphalt, with greater lugs (6’5mm) and a completely renovated upper.
This shoe from New Balance promises good grip thanks to the Vibram XT Treck Evo sole, a lot of cushioning and great comfort for tracks and why not, the same for more technical terrain than its first version.
SALOMON ULTRA GLIDE
SALOMON ULTRA GLIDE: DATA SHEET.
- Price: 140€. Average price for the French giant’s range. Very competitive with its rivals.
- Drop 6 mm
- Weight: 260 g
- Ground height 32 mm-26 mm
- Biomechanical fit: Heel strike, Forefoot strike, Midfoot strike
- Lug depth 4 mm
- Lacing system: Quicklace®
- Midsole: Salomon Energy Surge
- Sole: Contagrip TA. The rubber Contagrip sole features deep multi-directional lugs to improve mud traction. Built for maximum grip on slippery, soft or bumpy surfaces, this rubber balances durability and grip.
SALOMON ULTRA GLIDE: HIGHLIGHTS
This Salomon Glide is an ultra-confortable shoe which came as Salomon’s answer to Hoka’s and it came as the first maximalist shoe from the French brand, and it did to stay. In fact, for this 2022 it will have an asphalt sister Salomon Glide Max that we presented you here.
This shoe has an energetic ride, a soft, breathable upper, and a durable outsole thanks to the Contragrip TA developed by Salomon.
Midsole: Energy Surge. New light and reactive foam. It combines EVA and olefinic fiber [OBC] that seeks long-lasting damping and rebound energy return.
Contagrip MA sole: The most balanced on the entire range of surfaces. It seeks to balance geometry and rubber compound to provide confidence in wet, dry, hard or slippery, as well as offering long-term durability.
SAUCONY ENDORPHIN TRAIL
SAUCONY ENDORPHIN TRAIL: DATA SHEET
- Price: 180€
- Weight: Male (310gr) | Female 9.0 oz (270gr)
- Drop: 4 mm
- Height to the ground: 36.5mm behind, 32.5mm in front.
- Oversized sole width: 11.5cm in front; 9.5cm behind.
- Sole: Height of the tacos: 4.5 mm
- Category: Neutral
- Cushioning: PWRRUN PB
SAUCONY ENDORPHIN TRAIL: HIGHLIGHTS
- Great mattress. The height to the ground from 36.5 mm to 32.5 mm (4 mm drop) plus the oversized width of the sole in front and back, makes it one of the most outstanding maximalists. It has a lot of protection under the feet. It is in fact similar to the HOKA Challenger ATR 6 but with better stability and terrain traction.
- Speedroll technology makes stepping on you have an agile feeling, mainly in more rolling and less technical terrain.
It is a rocker rocker geometry that makes takeoff fast and efficient.
- Remarkable stability.The wide sole and the rigidity achieved make it a more reliable shoe than it seems due to its height. The way they combine stability, sensitive foam and the feeling of agile agility will remind you of sensations such as those provided by the ASICS Trabuco Max or the new Brooks Cascadia 16.
- A sole that inspires confidence: As was the case with Asics a couple of years ago, Saucony has come a long way on its own rubber (PWRTrac.) It is very similar to what is found in Peregrine and Xodus, in fact.
The sole also seems a little more robust to have rubber throughout the length and 4.5 mm gallon studs that pull in front and retain behind on descents.
HOKA ONE ONE MAFATE SPEED 3
HOKA ONE ONE MAFATE SPEED 3: DATA SHEET.
- Price: 170€. High price within the range, for a prestigious consolidated shoe.
- Weight: 316gr. High weight within the range, combining a lot of foam and a lot of rubber in the sole. Earn almost 20gr versus the previous version.
- Ground height and drop: Height 31mm/35mm. Drop 4mm. Earns 2mm from
- Sole: Vibram rubber. Taco 5mm. Same rubber, more taco and more rubber.
- Stability and damping: On the promotional scale of the brand, it adds 1 in stability and 3 in cushioning.
HOKA ONE ONE MAFATE SPEED 3: HIGHLIGHTS
- The Mafate returns in their third version with a sustainable mesh cover made of recycled polyester. For many, this is perhaps the most important improvement… at first glance, before rolling them.
- They also arrive now designed with KPU molded overlayers to offer a more protective hold,
- The Speed 3 CMEVA midsole. it is almost identical to its predecessors, EVO Mafate and Mafate Speed 2.
- In addition, as usual, the Mafate Speed 3 is based on the same aggressive double density sole composed of EVA and VULCANized EVA with Vibram 5mm studs. A sole that gains rubber now, looking to add more durability… although logically more rubber, more weight. It rises 20 grams, from 296gr prior to the current 316gr.
- They debut a dynamic fabric tongue for more elastic comfort and a perforated and breathable section.
- It has also been reinforced with an H-mount structure on the eyelets for a custom fit.
LA SPORTIVA AKASHA II
LA SPORTIVA AKASHA II: DATA SHEET.
- Price: not revealed yet. Her sisters the Akasha I have an official price of 164€
- Weight: 310 gr
- Drop: 6 mm (31 mm – 25 mm)
- Upper: Perforated AirMesh + PU Leather on the back and Dynamic ProTechTion™ on the toe
- Lining: Non-slip mesh
- Footbed: Ortholite® Hybrid Mountain Running®
- Midsole: Injection EVA and Cushion Platform™
- Sole: FriXion® Red dual-compound with Trail Rocker™
- Colors: as you can see in the image below, ther are multiple color options for men (above three) and women (below 4)
LA SPORTIVA AKASHA II: HIGHLIGHTS
- New Look, inspired by the Bushido II aesthetic with external Skelethon TPU and geometric aesthetics
- Soft, enveloping and super breathable slip-on upper with sock construction that avoids compression points for maximum comfort of fit
- Large volumes designed for prolonged use in endurance competitions
- Dynamic ProTechTion ™ active front reinforcements: provide protection and structure following the movement of the foot in a dynamic way and without constrictions
- Extra cushioning thanks to the Cushion Platform™ footbed insert
TOP6 TRAIL RUNNING SHOES 2021: CONCLUSIONS
Now a days its clear that all trail running shoes are going to have at least one or two shoes in their catalogue with at least 30 mm of stack height.
The 6 pair we presented above are, according to all the ones we presented you this year the TOP6 due to the technologies, weight and confort that they bring.
Having a very cushioned shoe its now a days synonym of confort and in majority of the cases long durability which is the case in these 6.
All of them with similar weights, around 300g, different sole rubber and similar prices so lots where to chose.
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ,
CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SUPPORT US IN PATREON.COM/MAYAYO