LA SPORTIVA AKASHA II: LIGHTER & BETTER CUSHIONED. BRAND NEW CLASSIC ULTRA TRAIL SHOES FROM THE ITALIAN BRAND
LA SPORTIVA AKASHA II: the brand new La Sportiva Akasha II. Today our TRAIL RUNNING SHOES section bring us the review of this brand new La Sportiva Akasha II. The classic ultra running shoes from the Italian brand, redesigned for this 2022.
Designed for the long distance and ultramarathons, they have had a technical and aesthetic re-design for the super-cushioned endurance Mountain Running shoe come with 310 g of weight, a drop of 6 mm and expected to be in the shops for the next season. Lets go with the video analysis by jonathan Wyatt.
LA SPORTIVA AKASHA II: BRAND NEW CLASSIC ULTRA TRAIL SHOES
FROM THE ITALIAN BRAND
La Sportiva, an Italian brand born in Alto Trentino in 1928 by Narciso Delladio, a footwear artist dedicated to clogs and shoes for lumberjacks. After imposing itself as a leader in the world of climbing shoes from the 1990s onwards, it continues in this 21st century to progressively expand presence in mountain shoes, trail running and skimo material while maintaining the essence of a family business that has gone so well in almost 100 years of history.
La Sportiva Trail Running: As you can see in the official diagram below, the Italian brand for Mountain Running, as they called this sport (“Mountain Running”) is structured on two mayor axes or less volume, both long, short or medium distance.
At more volume, more relaxed and popular use. At less volume, more racing and elite.
LA SPORTIVA TRAIL RUNNING. RANGE STRUCTURE.
Today, the italian brand offer shoes from the VK Boa for short distance in vertical kilometers, passing through the Mutant, Bushido2 and UltaRaptor for any kind of mountain races. Therange of the Sportiva 2021-22 is structured according to short, medium and long distance, according to its chasis/fit for narrow feet, width or regular, depending on its midsole in more and less reactive and according to its sole in soft terrain, ice, stone or all terrain and depending on duration and grip.
LA SPORTIVA AKASHA II: DATA SHEET.
- Price: not revealed yet. Her sisters the Akasha I have an official price of 164€
- Weight: 310 gr
- Drop: 6 mm (31 mm – 25 mm)
- Upper: Perforated AirMesh + PU Leather on the back and Dynamic ProTechTion™ on the toe
- Lining: Non-slip mesh
- Footbed: Ortholite® Hybrid Mountain Running®
- Midsole: Injection EVA and Cushion Platform™
- Sole: FriXion® Red dual-compound with Trail Rocker™
- Colors: as you can see in the image below, ther are multiple color options for men (above three) and women (below 4)
LA SPORTIVA AKASHA II: HIGHLIGHTS
- New Look, inspired by the Bushido II aesthetic with external Skelethon TPU and geometric aesthetics
- Soft, enveloping and super breathable slip-on upper with sock construction that avoids compression points for maximum comfort of fit
- Large volumes designed for prolonged use in endurance competitions
- Dynamic ProTechTion ™ active front reinforcements: provide protection and structure following the movement of the foot in a dynamic way and without constrictions
- Extra cushioning thanks to the Cushion Platform™ footbed insert
LA SPORTIVA AKASHA II: CONCLUSION
It is per se the classic ultra running shoe of the Italian brand, and not a classic just because its nice but also due to its performance, long duration and comfort, at least the first version. So we hope this Akasha II has already a lot of points to become one of the favorite shoes of majority of runners in the platoon of ultra races all around the world.
Lets see when we test them how they really behave.
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ,
CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SUPPORT US IN PATREON.COM/MAYAYO