ALTRA TIMP 4: HIGH CUSHION & ZERO DROP TRAIL DAILY SHOES
ALTRA TIMP 4: HIGH CUSHION & ZERO DROP TRAIL DAILY SHOES. Our TRAIL RUNNING SHOES continues with the novelties of 2022 and today brings us the analysis of the Timp 4 from the American brand.
In the past weeks we have presented you many novelties from Salomon, Ascis, Hoka, Saucony, New Balance and today is the turn of this Altra Timp 4, daily training shoes which come with an official price 160€, 30 mm stack height with zero drop and a weight of 303 grams.
Take a step off the beaten path with the newest iteration of our high-cushion trail cruiser, The Timp 4. Ready for any adventure, the Timp 4 is made to take on the trails with features like our grippy MaxTrac™ outsole and upgraded Altra EGO™ MAX midsole designed to keep you going.
This iteration’s improved fit is designed for better performance on any trail, any ground, any terrain.
ALTRA TIMP 4: DATA SHEET
- Price: 160€
- Peso: 303 g.
- Drop: Zero drop typical of Altra.
- Upper: Ultra-lightweight, hyper-breathable
- Midsole: Altra EGO™ MAX
- Outsole: Vibram™ LiteBase
ALTRA TIMP 4: HIGHLIGHTS
- FOOTSHAPE TOE BOX: allows the toes to relax and spread out naturally for more confort and stability in uphill climbs and downhill descents.
- BALANCE CUSHIONING PLATFROM: places the heel and forefoot the same distance from the ground to encourage proper, low-impact form throughout your trail run.
- MAXTRAC: a perfect cobination of grip, traction and durability
- EGOMAX: the Altra EGO™ Max midsole foam gives you all the light and luxurious performance with a little extra bounce and added durability.
Altra EGO™ Max midsole foam gives you all the light and luxurious performance with a little extra bounce and added durability.
ALTRA TIMP 4: CONCLUSIONS
Now a days its clear that all trail running shoe brands are going to have at least one or two shoes in their catalogue with at least 30 mm of stack high, as we presented you some months ago here.
The key however comes with the combination of a thick “mattress” and middle/low weight, which in the case of the Altra Timp 4 is, balanced but still above the 300 grams mark, like, the INOV-8 TRAILFLY ULTRA G 300 MAX (300 grams) or the NEW BALANCE MORE TRAIL V2 (330grams).
Having a very cushioned shoe its now a days synonym of confort and in majority of the cases long durability, which in the case of this Altra, having the Vibram MegaGrip compound works as aguarantee of durability.
They are similar to their sisters, the Altra Mont Blanc but little heavier, so more a daily training shoe in comparison with the Mont Blanc, whoch might be more competition oriented.
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ,
CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SUPPORT US IN PATREON.COM/MAYAYO