ADIDAS TERREX SPEED ULTRA 2022: TRAIL RUNNING COMPETITION SHOES. LIGHTER AND MORE AGILE
ADIDAS TERREX SPEED ULTRA 2022: TRAIL RUNNING COMPETITION SHOES. LIGHTER AND MORE AGILE. Our TRAIL RUNNING SHOES section brings today 2022 version of The flying shoe for long mountain races, for which Luis Hernando bet last year for his Record of the Aneto.
They arrive with 180€ price, for a weight of 240 grams a stack height of 18mm in front and 26mm in the heel, for a drop of 8mm. The Lightstrike midsole of the Boost and Continental sole with 2.5mm mini-lugs. We start remembering the FKT to the Aneto (3404 m; highest mountain in the Pyrenees) by Luis Alberto Hernando and then we go with 2022 technical analysis, by Mayayo.
ADIDAS TERREX SPEED ULTRA 2022
TECHNICAL REVIEW BY MAYAYO.
Adidas Terrex officially structures its Adidas Trail Runnning range in three families, with differential nuances for this 2022 according to the brand:
- Adidas Terrex Agravic: Focused on technical mountain trails.
- Adidas Terrex Speed: For the competition in its different variants.
- Adidas Terrex Two: The most relaxed and rolling sohes.
Today we are therefore going with the Adidas Terrex Speed Ultra of 2022 that arrives already well consolidated as a solid option if you are looking for trail running shoes that provide dynamism and lightness, at the same time that it complies in almost any terrain, technical included.
As we already advanced in its launch, this model was designed in collaboration with the British ultrarunner Tom Evans. The first versions came to be above 250 gr, but they were refined and this year its official weight is already 240gr. Almost, it is the only outstanding change.
ADIDAS TERREX SPEED ULTRA: DATA SHEET
- Price: 180€. A high price for an elite shoe, which will be more profitable the more you take it out with you.
- Weight: 240 grams. Very low for a ultra shoe, where rivals such as La Sportiva Jackal or Salomon Ultra Glide are at 260-300 grams. Even more merit, given that the Continental sole adds grams to all Adidas Terrex shoes, you can see the work in lightening cushioning made with Lightstrike.
- Drop: 8mm. A good equlibrium to run long in ultras. A common midpoint in the category. It is up to 4mm more than its flying sister for short and medium distances Adidas Terrex Speed Pro, to cushion us more if fatigue forces us to lose technique and heel.
- Stack height: 18mm front and 26mm heel. Much lower and stuck to the ground than the dominant maximalist shoes today in the elite ultrera, which from Hoka to Salomon or the brand new Saucony Endorphin trail bet on dimensions of 26mm and up for the forefoot and more than 33mm in heel. In return, yes, it will allow us to have a better touch of the terrain in technical sections such as that descent of the Aneto de Luis.
- Light Strike Damping: Adidas novelty, which we review later.
- Classic cover and lace.
- Continental sole: lugs 2.5mm A The rubber uses the same compound for the entire Terrex range. It provides a reliable and well-tested grip on a variety of different surfaces. Here come with some 2.5mm lugs of your own for firm ground. Pattern type “Gravel bicycles” calls it the brand. Don’t get into deep mud with them!
- Colors: It comes in four colors, to choose from. Below we leave them to you.
ADIDAS TERREX SPEED ULTRA: HIGHLIGHTS
THE CUSHIONING, AT ITS RIGHT POINT TO FLY.
Since it was born it has sought to be rather firm, which allows it to feel agile and reactive in medium distances. As in general with Adidas Terrex the foot is very well protected in general.
It should be noted that the height to the sole is much shorter in the heel compared to its maximalist rivals. We have just over 26 mm here vs the 30-36mm that have been imposed as more common in the category.
CONTINENTAL SOLE WITH 2.5MM LUGS, RELIABLE AND DURABLE ON FIRM AND DRY TERRAIN.
The sole of the Continental firm is already a veteran. Made of a unique rubber compound, each shoe model varies the taqueado. In this case, it seeks to offer an excellent grip on trails, tracks and on any type of dry terrain, supporting for some studs that barely reach 3mm even. For the barrazo or similar there are already its sg sisters (softground( with more taco, of course.
This Continental rubber has always performed worthily without being the best grip in forced cases. In return, it is rubber that tends to give us a longer service life than other rivals.
ADIDAS TERREX SPEED ULTRA 2022: CONCLUSION.
Its strengths, we could list them as: good support in general receptive cushioning and quite comfortable because of the medium-low weight. Colorful and bold design: good grip on dry ground and outstanding durability.
Among the weak points: There will be those who see it as having little support on the heel; Obviously short lugs for soft ground and limited rubber in wet rock terrain or high humidity. High price.
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ,
CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SUPPORT US IN PATREON.COM/MAYAYO