HOKA ROCKET X: A CARBON FIBER ROCKET ON YOUR FEET
HOKA ROCKET X: A CARBON FIBER ROCKET ON YOUR FEET. Our RUNNING SHOES section presents us today one the lightest and one of the most used, by professional athletes and triathletes like Jan Frodeno, carbon fiber HOKA shoes: the HOKA Rocket X.
This unisex super energetic HOKA shoes comes with a price of 160€ with an incredibly lightweight of 210 grams, a 5mm drop and insanely responsive racer geared for elite athletes. It completes the HOKA Carbon family together with the BONDI X and the CARBON X Let’s go with the technical analysis by Hekruca.
HOKA ROCKET X: A CARBON FIBER ROCKET IN YOUR FEET
(160€ | 5MM DROP | 210 G.)
HOKA ROCKET X: DATA SHEET.
- Price: 160€
- Weight: 210 grams
- Drop: 5 mm.
- Compression molded EVA midsole provides signature HOKA cushioning. With a height in the front of 27mm and in the heel of 32 mm. Foam midsole provides stable footing and absorbs impact points
- Carbon fiber plate: 1mm plate which delivers a smooth transition through the gait cycle
- Early stage Meta-Rocker delivers an up-tempo, propulsive ride: The Meta-Rocker is a combination of a low heel tip drop and a rounded sole shape that depending on the house, complements the natural stride and helps propel it forward.
- Light zonal rubber: for weight savings and durability
- Sizes: Unisex 37 1/3-49 1/3
- Colors: 5 different colors
As we have already mentioned, the instep is formed by a mesh with 3D thermoplastic threads. It is a design to reduce weight and at the same time offer maximum breathability and durability.
It comes with the lightest compression-molded EVA midsole from HOKA, to provide maximum cushioning and also incorporates the 1 mm carbon fiber plate to provide a more rigid and energy-return movement.
The outsole is specifically designed for road racing with the Hoka early stage Meta-Rocker to provide a softer tread helping to perform the natural stride, and driving the exit.
Already in the official presentation from the brand, its introduced as an elite athlete racing shoe for “short” distances (10Km, 1/2 marathon and even marathon for light runners), as the Bondi X for example are more for ultra-running, so it is very important to unsdertand that this is a lightweight competition shoe, maybe not made for everybody, as its little weight and the reactivity require technique and strenth in our legs to wear it.
Important also to mention that it is a unisex shoe, so some people might find it alittle bit narrow on the front.
However, if the best triathlets of the world wear them in competitions like IM over her sisters the Carbon X, it might be for something. As soon as we get a pair of them and we test them we will let you know.
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ,
CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SUPPORT US IN PATREON.COM/MAYAYO