HOKA BONDI X: THE BONDI’S CUSHIONING WITH CARBON FIBER.
HOKA BONDI X: THE BONDI’S CUSHIONING WITH CARBON FIBER. Our RUNNING SHOES section celebrates this key launch of the quintessential maximalist brand.
Since October 1, the Hoka Bondi X with its carbon plate is now available. It is an evolution of the Bondi 7 with a very similar weight, but with the carbon plate, which differentiates them from the Bondi 7. Although it maintains the classic HOKA silhouette with maximum cushioning.
HOKA BONDI X:
THE BONDI’S CUSHIONING WITH CARBON FIBER
(220€/5 MM DROP/300GR)
A maximally cushioned road shoe designed to go the distance, the Bondi X is spring-loaded with a propulsive carbon-fibre plate. The original cushioning and lines are here, providing the soft, balanced ride synonymous with the Bondi family.
HOKA BONDI X: DATA SHEET
- Price: 220 euros.
- Weight: 300 gr in men, 2.8 gr less than the Bondi 7 and 257 gr in women, 5.7 gr more than the Bondi 7.
- Drop: 5 mm.
- Intuitive heel pull tab
- Carbon fibre plate delivers smooth transition through the gait cycle
- Compression molded EVA midsole provides signature HOKA cushioning. With a height in the front 28mm and in part of heel 33mm in boys, and 26mm and 31mm in women, with a drop of 5mm.
- Early stage Meta-Rocker for up-tempo ride: The Meta-Rocker is a combination of a low heel tip drop and a rounded sole shape that depending on the house, complements the natural stride and helps propel it forward.
- Light zonal rubber for weight savings
- Colors: Available 1 for men, 1 for women. White / Evening Primrose.
- Sizes: 40-49 1/3 in men, 36-44 in women.
- Ventilated air flow design
- Perforated EVA tongue construction
- Ortholite® sockliner
- Breathable mesh upper with 3D Hotmelt yarns
- 100% vegan materials
The Bondi X are road shoes designed for long distances, and with great cushioning. They incorporate a very reactive carbon fiber propulsion plate. In addition, with the Meta-Rocker sole extended to obtain greater acceleration, while providing impulses from the fingers and softer, thanks to the carbon fiber plate. In the buffer zone, the HOKA’s softest foam has been used.
As we have already mentioned, the instep is formed by a mesh with 3D thermoplastic threads. It is a design to reduce weight and at the same time offer maximum breathability and durability.
And now that everyone is talking about sustainability, it is worth highlighting the use of vegan materials for the construction of the upper.
It comes with a compression-molded EVA midsole, to provide maximum cushioning in any activity and also incorporates the carbon fiber plate to provide a more rigid and energy-efficient movement.
In the sole it presents an X through which the Carbon plate is seen, and that we imagine lives up to the name of the shoe. Sole with the typical Hoka Meta-Rocker to provide a softer tread helping to perform the natural stride, and driving the exit.
HOKA wanted to make a shoe to put the carbon plate within reach of all runners, not just for professionals. These are shoes for long distances on asphalt, and with a carbon fiber plate to help reduce fatigue. With the typical the maximalist design of Hoka, and also with the same cushioning of the Bondi family and therefore offers us a smooth and balanced tread. With the typical rocker sole of the Hoka shoes, and also with the carbon fiber plate to provide maximum efficiency.
The final look is that we are going to have some shoes to run long without wearing out, and with a very good cushioning. In addition, the base seems very wide, to gain greater stability.
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ,
CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SUPPORT US IN PATREON.COM/MAYAYO