POLAR GRIT X PRO & PRO TITAN REVIEW: ROBUST, LIGHTER AND WITH MORE FEATURES.
POLAR GRIT X PRO & PRO TITAN REVIEW: more robust, lighter and more features. Our GPS WATCH section brings us today the complete analysis of Polar’s new GPS watch. The second version of Polar’s most advanced watch is the Grit X released in 2020.
The new Grit X Pro also arrives with a titianium option. The Polar Grit X Pro Titan, 12% lighter than the Grit X Pro (73g vs 79g), and also made of aerospace titanium that brings us two straps, one made of FKM and another in microperforated leather.
POLAR GRIT X PRO Y PRO TITAN REVIEW
(499.90€ – 79GR / 599.90€ – 73GR)
Polar is a brand that is characterized by its accuracy in taking heart rate data. The brand continues to research and invest in technology to bring the user a GPS watch with advanced features intregadas, robust and durable. Among its competitors, just a few months ago, COROS launched its top of the range, the COROS Global VERTIX 2, Suunto launched the Suunto 9 Baro PEAK, and Garmin remains in style with its Garmin Fenix 6 PRO Solar.
Let’s go with the technical sheet
POLAR GRIT X PRO Y PRO TITAN REVIEW: FDATA SHEET
- Price: 599.90€ Grit X Pro Titan, 499.90€ Grit X Pro
- Weight: 73 grams Grit X Pro Titan, 79 grams Grit X Pro
- Strap: FKM Grit X Pro strap, and two FKM straps and Grit X Pro Titan microperforated leather
- Size: 47x47x13 mm
- Screen resolution: 240 X 240 pixels
- Material Screen: Sapphire crystal with titanium bezel on the Grit Pro Titan
- Battery: 346 mAh Li-pol battery, with ghsta 40 hours in training mode with GPS and FC activated at maximum precision and up to 100 hours with battery saver options. 7 days in clock mode with continuous HR recording.
- Water resistance: 100ATM.
- Satellites: GPS, Glonass, Galileo and QZSS.
- Temperature: From -20° to 50°C. Temperatures below -10°C can affect battery performance. Military certified (MIL-STD-810G)
POLAR GRIT X PRO AND PRO TITAN REVIEW: MORE ROBUST, LIGHTER
The new Polar Grit X Pro, comes to improve the Polar Grit X launched there in 2020. Polar seeks to give a more premium look with this new version, offering us a more robust watch, with sapphire crystal, titanium bezel (in its Titan version) and FKM bracelets. In addition, it adds different outdoor functions always available:
- New screens showing the barometric altimetry profile, compass and location coordinates.
- They also include the daylight hours for sunrise, sunset and twilight.
- New navigation features: route and elevation profiles, possibility to change routes during training, turn-by-turn indications.
- Tests in cycling and running, Otrhostatic
- Test and leg recovery, Recovery Pro of Polar Vantage V2
POLAR GRIT X PRO AND PRO TITAN REVIEW: A STEP FORWARD
The new Polar Grit X Pro incorporates new features and new design, but is it worth moving from grit X to Grit X Pro. Here we leave you a summary of everything “the new” so that you can decide which one to stay with. Each runner or athlete has their own needs, so we are not going to tell you which of the two to choose.
NAVIGATION AND OUTDOOR FUNCTIONS
The new Polar Grit X Pro includes new route profiles and altimetry. It also offers turn-by-turn directions using Komoot. Not to be left behind, it also offers us a Track Back function that shows us the way back home. The Hill Splitter function™ gives us an analysis of the performance in ascents, descents and plains.
An interesting function will be the possibility of modifying the route at any time if we need to stop the training, which offers us multiple possibilities during our outings.
Outdoor screens will always be visible. They show us the barometric altimetry profile, compass and location coordinates. In addition to the daylight hours for sunrise, sunset and twilight. Compass, location coordinates, weather and forecast to two days view, sunrise and sunset and hours of light.
HEART RATE AND GPS RECORDS
Polar stands out for being the first to create a wireless heart rate monitor. Grit X Pro incorporates the Polar Precision Prime sensor is based on optical heart rate monitoring technology on the wrist.
- 10 X LED’s (red, infrared, green and yellow frequencies) for deeper light penetration
- 4 X light detectors to control the return of the same
- 4 X Electrodes for faster charging and more reliable data transfer
In addition, the Polar Grit X Pro incorporates Polar Precision Prime. System assisted by all GPS, Glonass, Galileo and QZSS satellites.
It incorporates a long battery life. Configurable to be able to add more hours to our training.
- 40 hours in training mode, with GPS and heart rate recording activated to maximum precision).
- 60 hours in training mode, with 1-minute GPS readings and heart rate activated
- 70 hours in training mode with 2-minute GPS readings and heart rate activated
- 100 hours with the different energy saving modes.
- 7 days in clock mode with heart rate activated.
MANY MORE FEATURES
Thanks to the FuelWise function we will have automatic / manual notifications of liquid and solid refreshments in the race. It also distinguishes the different sources of energy consumed (proteins, carbohydrates and fats). It offers us information about the training load (muscular, cardiovascular, perceived) and recovery functions to avoid over and under training with the Training Load Pro and Recovery Pro functions.
Sleep Plus Stages and Nightly Recharge features record the quality and quantity of nighttime sleep. They also show the phases of sleep (light, deep, REM) as well as the recovery of the body during the night. We will also have a functionality that automatically records from the wrist and without the need for an external sensor the running power during the session through the integrated GPS and the barometer called Running Power.
Performance tests with running test, cycling test, leg recovery test, orthostatic test and Fitness Test. All these tests allow you to measure performance, analyze progress and customize training areas in running and cycling.
And of course, multiple Smartwatch options and functions, such as music controls, mobile notifications always available on the wrist (option to deactivate them).
POLAR GRIT X PRO AND PRO TITAN REVIEW: CONCLUSION.
With the launch of the Polar Grit X Pro and Pro Titan, Polar comes closer to the big outdoor GPS watches. Polar has always stood out with its catalog of watches for fitness, cycling. Reinforcing its position with probably the best heart rate monitor. In this case, take a step forward, with the new Polar Grit X Pro in the outdoor and mountain niche. It incorporates new functionalities that will make more than one watch think to buy.
We have a priori, a watch, hard, robust, with a long battery life (although still somewhat far from other watches such as the COROS or GARMIN) but that will be an option for those who want to buy a watch at a more restrained price of € 599.90 for the Grit X Pro Titan and € 499.90 for the Grit X Pro.
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ,
CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SUPPORT US IN PATREON.COM/MAYAYO