SALOMON WILDCROSS: SOFT GROUND TERRAIN SHOES. THE SPEEDCROSS EVOLVES TO ARRIVE TO MORE RUNNERS.
SALOMON WILDCROSS: Shoes for mud and soft ground. Heir of the classic Speedcross. Our TRAIL RUNNING GEAR section already introduced you recently the new Salomon Cross Gore-Tex 2020 range. The four models are: Salomon Speedcross 5 GTX; Salomon Wildcross GTX; Salomon Supercross Blast GTX and Salomon Alphacross Blast GTX.
The four models are staggered for different mountain runners profiles. The Salomon Wildcross comes as the most suitable for experienced runners to. They have a recommended price of 130€ and 290 grams, with a 8mm drop and new Contragrip TA sole with 6mm lugs. Let’s check the complete technical analysis, by Mayayo.
SALOMON WILDCROSS. REVIEW BY MAYAYO.
In 2019 we introduced you to the new Supercross and Alphacross, which opened the Cross family looking to offer shoes based on the Speedcross image to a wider range of runners, with different prices and functions.
Now, the French brand bets strongly for the Salomon Cross range with four new trail models equipped with/without membrane and also with male and female version all of them. At the end, we leave a summary of the four with membrane version. Undoubtedly, a leader’s move to cover all the different runners profiles and levels.
We start with this WILDCROSS that we see especially suitable for experienced runners, with an upper-intermediate technique.
SALOMON WILDCROSS (130€ / 290GR/ DROP 8MM)
The new WILDCROSS combines most recent technologies and fabrics to help you increase your pace without losing confidence on muddy terrain. The chassis starts with the Speedcross however becomes wider to accommodate more runners and give more confidence.
The drop is reduced as well as the high to hell, to improve stability. Thanks to its multidirectional lugs of 6mm, offers greater grip that combined with the elastic side adjustment of the SensiFit help the foot not move from its site.
- RECOMMENDED PRICE 130 €, it shares the price with the Speedcross 5 and it is 20 € more expensive than the Super Cross Blast and Alphacross Blast sisters.
- DROP 8MM Lowered 2mm compared to the Speedcross 5 chassis to provide more stability and ground feel.
- WEIGHT: 290 GRAMS. Weighs 30gr less than the Speedcross 5. A “light” weight if we attend to the amount of rubber in the lugs, which weighs more on a shoe.
- GROUND HEIGHT: 17-25mm. The usual height in most of the Salomon range, will not be strange for the brand fans.
- OUTSOLE: Contagrip TA. The Contagrip rubber sole features deep multidirectional lugs to improve mud traction. Created for maximum grip on slippery, soft or uneven surfaces, this rubber balances durability and grip.
- HORMIFIT FIT: This model changes much compared to the Speedcross last. Add space for toes, side wings of the SensiFit and a hydrophobic TUP mesh.
- QUICKLACE CABLE LACES: The Classic of the brand is still present here. Easy to put on, easy to remove, no doubt.
- ENERGIZING DAMPING: It is a high bounce midsole compound that offers exceptional energy return, plus a great cushioning and durability.
- FOUR COLORS TO CHOOSE: Light and dark blue, brown and black.
SALOMON WILDCROSS: CONCLUSIONS BY MAYAYO.
According to its technical data, this new Salomon Wildcross shows an interesting potential for veteran mountain runners. It takes all the great features of the Speedcross, like that magnificent shoes fit and the superlative traction on the uphills. And it is combined with some recent developments such as the side Matrix Sensifit.
The result: a shoe with a wider range of use for wider foot that her sister the Speedcross. More comfortable. And above all, more stable being closer to the ground with less drop and having a wider sole. Less height and more width logically provides much more stability. Which is also reinforced with the side strips. So, if you never used the Speedcross because it wasn’t for you, here’s a second chance. Also, if you are looking for a soft shoe with lots of grip while giving you confidence, this can be your companion.
Now, we still have to try them it deep for you. Only in this way will we be able to confirm if on the mountain it behaves as well as it promises its technical record or not. Stay connected, and we will share our impressions after 200-400km.
SALOMON CROSS GTX: COMPARATIVE
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ,CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SUPPORT US IN PATREON.COM/MAYAYO
Posted by Héctor Rubio @hekruca for Trailrunningspain
Pingback: SALOMON SPEEDCROSS 5 GTX: THE GREAT UPHILL RUNNING SHOE WITH NEW GORE-TEX FOR WINTER. | TrailrunningSpain.com
Pingback: HOKA TORRENT 2: SOLID, LIGHT, SPEEDY AND CLOSE TO THE GROUND. | TrailrunningSpain.com