INOV8 PARKCLAW G 280: THE ULTIMATE ROAD-TO-TRAIL RUNNING SHOE
INOV8 PARKCLAW G 280: THE ULTIMATE ROAD-TO-TRAIL RUNNING SHOE. Our TRAIL RUNNING SHOES section continues with the 2022 novelties and today bring us today the review analysis of these brand new inov8 PARKCLAW G 280.
In the past weeks we have presented you many novelties from Salomon, Ascis, Hoka, Saucony, New Balance and today is the turn of the English brand, inov8 and its PARKCLAW G 280 which are on pre-sale from March 31st and will have the official launch on April 7th. First road-to-trail running shoe featuring Graphene which come with an official price of 180 €, 8mm drop and a weight 280 grams.
INOV8 PARKCLAW G 280:
THE ULTIMATE ROAD-TO-TRAIL RUNNING SHOE
180€ | 280G. | 8MM DROP
Pioneering sports brand inov-8 is launching its first road-to-trail running shoe featuring Graphene, the world’s strongest material.
The new PARKCLAW G 280 is designed to give runners more confidence to turn off the road and discover the joys of trails. The shoe goes on pre-sale today ahead of an official launch on April 7th.
By infusing Graphene into both the rubber outsole and foam cushioned midsole, inov-8 say the PARKCLAW G 280 delivers longer-lasting performance benefits for the runner in the form of tougher grip and greater bounce.
Discovered in 2004 by scientists from The University of Manchester who later won the Nobel Prize in Physics, Graphene is toughest – yet also the thinnest – material in the world. It is used in the G-GRIP rubber outsole and G-FLY foam cushioned midsole of the new PARKCLAW G 280.
INOV8 PARKCLAW G 280: DATA SHEET
- Price: £160 | $180 | €180
- Available: Pre-sale from March 31st | Official launch on April 7th
- Weight: 280g per shoe
- Drop: 8mm
- Width (on inov-8 1-5 scale, with 5 being the widest): 4
- Lug depth: 4mm
- Stack height (including outsole and footbed): 29mm at rear, 21mm at forefoot
- Patent-pending technologies: G-GRIP, G-FLY
- Use: Trail Running and Road Running
INOV8 PARKCLAW G280: HIGHLIGHTS
inov-8 has had PARKCLAW shoes in its range since 2016. However, this new model is completely different, with new outsole, midsole and upper designs in a package that weighs just 280g.
Above that, the G-FLY foam midsole – combined with a raised 8mm drop – propels 25% more energy return for a fast-feel stride enhanced with cushioning and comfort.
In both cases, the Graphene imparts its unbeatable strength to ensure the rubber and foam retain their incredible powers for longer, thus prolonging the life of the shoes.
A light and breathable, yet durably engineered, mesh upper further enhances all-round comfort, while the super-springy BOOMERANG footbed delivers yet more bounce.
- A more open, yet durable, mesh around the forefoot and midfoot allows greater breathability. Heel counter helps delivers a locked-in, supportive feel.
- Toe bumper protects front of feet from rocks and trail debris.
- With a slightly wider toe box and a plush, gusseted tongue, it gives a comfortable feel and ride. External heel loops make it easier and quicker to put shoes on.
MIDSOLE & FOOTBED:
- Graphene-enhanced G-FLY cushioned foam is more resistant to wear. It retains its thickness and optimum levels of snappy energy return for longer, helping runners feel faster and fresher over greater distances.
- The foam gives 25% more energy return. Lab tests show that even when the foam is aged to mimic extensive use, it still delivers more energy return than some unaged foams. Athletes testing the foam said it was still performing well after 1,200km – double industry standard.
- BOOMERANG footbed features hundreds of expanded TPU beads that compress and spring back for 40% more energy return – and greater cushioning – than standard footbeds. Retains its 6mm thickness and optimum performance for longer, and wicks away moisture.
- Graphene-enhanced rubber delivers the world’s toughest grip – insane sticky traction AND increased durability, no compromise. 50% stronger, 50% more elastic, 50% harder wearing, scientifically proven.
- 98 multi-directional 4mm deep lugs on each shoe give aggressive trail grip and smooth ride on roads. They’ve been meticulously shaped and positioned to improve both propulsion at the front and braking at the rear.
- Increased flex points through the outsole, both vertically and horizontally, give greater adaptability and a feel of nimbleness underfoot.
INOV8 PARKCLAW G280: BRAND FOUNDER STATEMETS
inov-8 founder Wayne Edy said: “This shoe is all about giving runners adventure from their door, allowing them to turn off the road, escape the grey, and unearth their inner wild side.
“We hope the PARKCLAW G 280 gives people more confidence to run to the trails, and then enjoy the incredible highs that trail running brings.
“I’m immensely proud of our pioneering use of Graphene, this time in a road-to-trail running shoe. It sets us apart from all other brands and helps us design footwear that delivers outstanding performance and enhanced durability, with zero compromise.”
INOV8 PARKCLAW G280: CONCLUSIONS
At first glance the shoes shows a mixture of robustness, flexibility and adaptability to the foot that promise, for the moment, what the brand ensures in relation to the use of graphene: greater durability, greater energy return and adaptability to the terrain door to trail without losing properties over kilometers and time and until now we can confirm that with the inov8 TRAILFLY ULTRA G 300 MAX and the inov8 ROCFLY™ G 390 that we tested for you here.
Intersting to see how another brand adopts the mark below 300 grams to create daily training shoes, this PARKCLAW G 280, it weight 280 grams and the 8mm drop promise to be a good shoe perfect for anyone transitioning from traditional road running shoes.
We are waiting to get a pair of them here and we will let you now very soon how they fit in.
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ,
CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SUPPORT US IN PATREON.COM/MAYAYO