MOZART 100 BY UTMB 2022: 3 MONTHS FOR THE 10th EDITION
MOZART 100 BY UTMB 2022: 3 MONTHS FOR THE 10th EDITION. Our MOUNTAIN RACING CALENDAR 2022 brings us today the latest news about the Salzburger race.
3 months to go until the tenth edition of mozart 100 by UTMB®, taking place on June 18, 2022 in Salzburg.
MOZART 100 BY UTMB: 10th EDITION.
mozart 100 by UTMB® celebrates its 10th anniversary and takes runners on an extraordinary journey through the beautiful Salzburger Land. A journey that began in 2012 with 250 participants and has steadily grown over the years attracting more and more athletes from around the world.
The event continues on this growth path and will host the largest starting field to date. More than 2000 participants from 60 nations are expected for this year’s edition.
“It’s great to see how much mozart 100 by UTMB® has grown in recent years. It is particularly pleasing that a strong trail running community has formed around mozart 100 by UTMB®, and I am looking forward to welcoming many newcomers to Salzburg for our tenth anniversary,” says Claudia Kolussi, Director Athlete Services, mozart 100 by UTMB®.
MOZART 100 BY UTMB: UTMB WORLD SERIES
mozart 100 by UTMB® was one of the first events to be announced as part of the UTMB® World Series, which brings together the best races in exceptional locations while surrounding itself by unspoiled nature. A total of 25 events in 16 countries across Asia, Oceania, Europe and the Americas have been confirmed for the 2022 UTMB World Series®.
This year’s mozart 100 by UTMB® offers exclusive access to the UTMB® World Series Finals 2023, which will take place in the 20 km, 50 km and 100 km categories of the UTMB® Mont-Blanc in Chamonix, France.
All finishers of the UTMB® World Series events receive Running Stones with the amount depending on distance and altitude. One running stone equals one entry in the lottery for the UTMB® World Series Finals.
“At mozart 100 by UTMB®, we are proud to be part of the UTMB® World Series, which will take place for the first time in 2022. We have all witnessed together the growing popularity of trail running over the last few years, and we continue to see unbroken growth. Salzburg as a UNESCO World Heritage Site is a fantastic and unique location for a race in the world’s most important trail running series,” says Josef Mayerhofer, Race Director, mozart 100 by UTMB®.
MOZART 100 BY UTMB: 9 RACES
mozart 100 by UTMB® takes participants through the diversity and beauty of the Salzburger Land in Austria guaranteeing a unique and unforgettable trail running experience.
With the two ultra-distances mozart 100 (108 km and 5,000 m+) and mozart Ultra (78 km and 4,000 m+), experienced trail runners and ultra-novices are offered the perfect challenge.
With the mozart Marathon, mozart Light, mozart Half Marathon and mozart City Trail, there is also the right distance for every level of performance and experience.
For all fans of team competitions or for all those who would like to get a taste of the world of trail running, there is also the opportunity to start as a relay and share the adventure with friends and colleagues.
Registration for the tenth anniversary of the mozart 100 by UTMB® on June 18, 2022 is still open.
For more information, please visit www.mozart100.com
UTMB® WORLD SERIES 2022 CALENDAR OF EVENTS*
- Istria 100 by UTMB® (Croatie), 7-10 avril
- Canyons Endurance Runs by UTMB® (USA), 23 Avril
- Ultra-Trail Australia™ by UTMB® (Australie), 12-15 mai
- Trail du Saint-Jacques by UTMB® (France), 11 juin
- mozart 100™ by UTMB® (Autriche), 18 juin
- La Sportiva® Lavaredo Ultra Trail® by UTMB® (Italie), 23-26 juin
- Trail 100 Andorra™ by UTMB® (Andorre), 24-26 juin
- Western States® 100-Mile Endurance Run (USA), 25-26 juin
- Ultra-Trail Snowdonia by UTMB® (Pays de Galles), 1-3 juillet
- Restonica Trail by UTMB® (France), 7-9 juillet
- Val d’Aran by UTMB® (Espagne), 7-10 juillet (MAJOR)
- Trail Verbier Saint-Bernard by UTMB®, (Suisse), 8-10 juillet
- Eiger Ultra Trail by UTMB® (Suisse), 15-17 juillet
- Speedgoat Mountain Races by UTMB® (USA), 22-23 juillet
- Wildstrubel by UTMB® (Suisse), 8-11 septembre
- Julian Alps Trail Run by UTMB® (Slovénie), 16-18 septembre
- Nice Côte d’Azur by UTMB® (France), 22-25 septembre
- Transvulcania by UTMB® (Espagne), 20-23 octobre
- Puerto Vallarta México by UTMB® (Mexique), 28-30 octobre
- TransLantau™ by UTMB® (Hong Kong), 4-6 novembre (MAJOR)
- Kullamannen by UTMB® (Suède), 4-6 novembre
- Thailand by UTMB® (Thailande), 10-13 décembre
- Ultra-Trail Kosciusko by UTMB® (Australie), 15-18 décembre
- Panda Trail by UTMB® (Chine), dates TBC*
- UTMB® Mont-Blanc (France, Suisse, Italie) 22-28 août (FINALS en 2023) *Tarawera Ultramarathon by UTMB® (NZ) et Gaoligong by UTMB® (Chine) annulés en 2022
UTMB WORLD SERIES: HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Already in recent years we saw UTMB modify the entry method for the UTMB races held in August in Chamonix that favored the finalists of the BY UTMB and UTWT races through the Running Stones and shortcuts, UTMB gives a twist and launches this project.
How does the new circuit work? The new circuit is self-presented in a big way, without complexes: “A revolution for sport that will unite the trail running community through a new integrated sports system open to all. Inspired by UTMB’s high standards, runners will be able to participate in the most beautiful events on the planet.”
IMPORTANT! This circuit will be the only way for riders to start their journey to Mont-Blanc, France, where the prestigious finals will take place. Undoubtedly, a model that Ironman has already applied for years with its mythical end in KONA. And that logically, it seeks to replicate now with CHamonix as a mecca of the world ultra trail.
The UTMB World Series seeks to be the dominant circuit of this sport. To this end, four categories have been defined: 20K, 50K, 100K, and 100M, based on km-effort.
UTMB INDEX: HOW IS IT AND HOW DOES IT WORK
Runners can register directly to the UTMB World Series Events and those with a valid UTMB Index will gain privileged access to register.
The UTMB index is based on the sport’s first ranking system and can be achieved by completing at least one UTMB® World Series Major, UTMB® World Series Event race or by participating in one of the thousands of UTMB® World Series Qualifier races around the world in the last 24 months.
The performance index created by Didier Curdy in 2014 is at the heart of the new UTMB World Series sports system. It has been applied first through ITRA and now from UTMB over the years. In this time, it has proven its relevance and quality.
The performance index will now be accessible only from the new website utmb.world. UTMB is completely separated from ITRA. It stops recognizing ITRA points and refers to its own UTMB points exclusively, both for the popular and the elite.
- Popular: It serves to pass the minimum access to be able to pay a bib, from 1 to 30 points (now renamed as “running stones”)
- Elites: elite They receive a courtesy number free of charge, if they exceed the set level, from 1 to 1,000 points. will continue to provide the level of performance of each rider participating in the UTMB World Series races.
IMPORTANT: UTMB NO LONGER RECOGNIZES ITRA POINTS.
The ITRA points that the races give to the popular will NOT be used to run in Chamonix. The ITRA ranking of elites will NO longer serve to achieve elite invitations to UTMB either.
UTMB INDEX: CAREER CATEGORIES AND PERFORMANCE INDEX
The performance index is calculated for each of the 4 racing categories of the UTMB World Series 20K, 50K, 100K and 100M.
A valid performance index is achieved by completing at least one UTMB World Series Major, UTMB World Series Event or UTMB World Series Qualifier race in the corresponding category in the last 24 months. Once a race category has been activated, all races from the last 36 months will be used to calculate the performance index.
Trail runners also receive an overall performance index calculated by combining results from all race categories. The overall performance index is available as soon as a valid performance index is achieved in a category: 20K, 50K, 100K and 100M.
UTMB INDEX: BENEFITS OF A PERFORMANCE INDEX
Runners with a valid performance index will have privileged access to register for a UTMB® World Series or UTMB® World Series Major event and will use their performance index to validate their entry into the lottery of the UTMB® World Series finals.
Privileged access * corresponds to:
- Exclusive pre-sale period
- Prices guaranteed for early booking
- Access to races on a first-come, first-served basis
* Excluding sold-out races where a draw will be organized. In the event of a tie, the subscription will be exclusive to the holders of the performance index.
In cases where the UTMB World Series Event organization or the UTMB World Series Major requires proof of previous racing experience, runners must demonstrate that they possess a valid performance index of 50K, 100K or 100M.
Check your Performance Index in utmb.world: Here is the example of our colleague Mayayo.
In utmb.world you will find the results of your most recent races and the update of your Performance Index based on your results. The consultation is free to access, but now you can create an account at no cost to access detailed statistics and link your broker registration to your account.
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ,
CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SUPPORT US IN PATREON.COM/MAYAYO