SCARPA GOLDEN GATE ATR: WELL CUSHIONED DAILY TRAIL TRAINING SHOES.
SCARPA GOLDEN GATE ATR: WELL CUSHIONED DAILY TRAIL TRAINING SHOES. Our TRAIL RUNNING SHOES section continues with the 2022 novelties and today bring us today the review analysis of these SCARPA GOLDEN GATE ATR.
In the past weeks we have presented you many novelties from Salomon, Ascis, Hoka, Saucony, New Balance and today is the turn of the Italian brand, Scarpa and its Golden Gate ATR which comes with an official price of 129,95€, 4mm drop and a similar weight as the previous version 301 grams.
SCARPA GOLDEN GATE ATR:
WELL CUSHIONED DAILY TRAIL TRAINING SHOES.
129,95€ | 301 G. | DROP 4MM
The GOLDEN GATE ATR is the perfect shoe for medium to long distance runs on mixed terrain, including off-road as well as paved surfaces. This model is well suited to athletes of any weight and experience level, who are looking for a reliable and comfortable shoe for their daily training. An extremely versatile road-to-trail transitional shoe in the world of trail running.
This shoe has a very precise fit, we recommend one size up from the usual SCARPA sizes if you want a comfortable fit.
SCARPA GOLDEN GATE ATR: DATA SHEET
- Price: 129 euros.
- Weight: 301 grams,
- Stack height: 28mm heel / 24mm forefoot
- Drop: 4 mm
- Upper: EXO technology
- Midsole: “i-Respond” propulsion
- Outsole: Scarpa Presa TRN-02
- Lugs: 4 mm
SCARPA GOLDEN GATE ATR: HIGHLIGHTS
- EXO TECHNOLOGY: upper construction system designed and developed by SCARPA. Lateral protections (inserts or thermowelded cage) combined with upper, creates an exoskeletonthat protects, supports and contains the foot better.
- PRESA: its a SCARPA it is the maximum expression of the research and internal development office of scarpa’s in the soles. an environment of exploration and technological innovation, where experience and scientific research combine. this is the scarpa approach: an r&d department to study, analyze and develop the best soles.
- SOCK FIT: Scarpa Sock-Fit is the innovative construction system designed by SCARPA which envelops the foot as a sock and make you feel one with your shoes. This system “embraces” the foot in a uniform way and gives an immediate comfort sensation. Moreover, the reduction of the material volume makes the shoe narrower and improves the feeling on the foot and the agility during the movement. The good fit obtained throught this construction system, enhances the performance.
- EXO Technology, A lightweight and breathable upper with a structural wave closure system designed for optimal fit, and featuring an integrated collar and tongue to provide easy foot entry and fantastic fit around the ankle. With a perfect, foot-wrapping fit, it allows adaptability to different foot shapes, thanks to the Sock-Fit LW by SCARPA construction system.
- Internal containment cage made of thin microfiber material laminated to the upper that provides lightweight internal support and ensures a great wrapping fit in the midfoot area and increases lateral stability.
- The “i-Respond” propulsion system enhances the thrust phase, amplifying energy input with greater energy return.
- PRESA TRN-02 sole made with high performance rubber outsole, with 4 mm lugs and excellent grip on both dry and wet surfaces. Tested by the best and brought to the limit on technical and uneven terrain.
SCARPA GOLDEN GATE ATR: CONLUSIONS
This model is well suited to athletes of any weight and experience level, who are looking for a reliable and comfortable shoe for their daily training.
It is promoted as a multipurpose shoe, door to trail, now open to both the beginner and the average runner. By weights, the middle and high weight runner will do better, of course, because a 301grams shoe will not be the best companion for featherweights runners who want to fly in a race.
As soon as we have a pair of them, here in Europe to test we will let you know here at trailrunningspain.com
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ,
CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SUPPORT US IN PATREON.COM/MAYAYO