GARMIN VIVOMOVE SPORT HR: HYBRID GPS WATCH FOR DAILY USE
GARMIN VIVOMOVE SPORT HR: HYBRID GPS WATCH FOR DAILY USE. Our GPS WATCH section recently brought you the top-of-the-range launches of Garmin gps watch, highlighting the Garmin Fenix 7 and Garmin Epix Gen 2 series.
Yesterday, Garnin launched a much more accessible range, since the new GARMIN SPORTS VIVOMOVE HR comes with a price of just € 180 and is designed as a gps watch for daily use. Let’s go with the analysis by Mayayo.
GARMIN VIVOMOVE SPORT HR:
HYBRID GPS WATCH FOR DAILY USE (180€)
The brand new Garmin Vivomove occupies a completely different market niche than the Fenix and Epix range tops. In fact, it should be remembered that the GARMIN VIVOSPORT as the most basic solution of the Americans starts from € 110 and is little more than a strip of color very much in the style of the Apple iwatch, but even more estecho.
The GARMIN VIVOMOVE range has five versions now: In addition to this VIVOMOVE SPORT (180€) it also includes its brothers VIVOMOVE 3 and 3s (200€); VIVOMOVE STYLE (350€) VIVOMOVE LUXE (500€)
This new model GARMIN VIVOMOVE SPORT HR seeks to expand audiences: It wants to enter us through the eyes like a colorful analog watch to take every day to the office or at home, but counting inside with the functions of a smartwatch. And in addition, it starts from € 180 as the first step of the family.
At first glance, it seems to be focused preferentially towards the female market, due to its size and colors. Behind the hands, we can access a screen with abundant intelligent functions to keep track of health and sports activities.
And yes, it also allows us to be connected and that all kinds of notifications jump right there … whoever likes that, that there are. Let’s go first of all with its technical sheet as a watch.
GARMIN VIVOMOVER SPORT HR: OFFICIAL DATA SHEET
|LENS MATERIAL||Chemically-strengthened glass|
|CASE MATERIAL||Fibre-reinforced polymer|
|QUICK RELEASE BANDS||Yes (20 mm, Industry standard)|
|PHYSICAL SIZE||40 x 40 x 11.0 mm
Fits wrists with a circumference of 125-190 mm
|DISPLAY SIZE||0.34″ x 0.73″ (8.6 mm x 18.5 mm)|
|DISPLAY RESOLUTION||72 x 154 pixels|
|WEIGHT||Case only: 19.0 g
With silicone strap: 33.8 g
|BATTERY LIFE||Smartwatch mode: Up to 5 days
Watch mode: Up to 1 additional day
|WATER RATING||5 ATM|
|MEMORY/HISTORY||10 timed activities; 14 days of activity tracking data|
GARMIN VIVO MOVE HR: HIGHLIGHTS.
The friendliest price, from 180€. It is appreciated. Especially after seeing that the Fenix 7 and Epix 2 ranges have gone in style, with prices from € 700 to € 1,200 and more.
Designed for daily use: The image sought is that of a “classic” watch for those who prefer that style. To do this, in addition to being available in four different color combinations (black, green, white and brown) the brand offers us to ambience its silicone straps easily and quickly.
Hybrid watch: To maintain that classic look, whenever you want you can switch to the touch screen that is hidden behind the real hands. From there we access multiple health, wellness and monitoring functions plus the entire battery of smart notifications
GARMIN VIVOSPORT MOVE: FEATURES.
- Daily energy control: Through the Body Battery monitor, we access brand classics such as sleep tracking, stress, tracking and safety alerts, distance and rhythm of each outdoor activity. To do this, it uses the combination of stress data, heart rate variability2 (HRV), sleep and activity.
- MULTISPORT: As usual in the brand, it also incorporates 14 sports activities among which stand out: walking, running, yoga, strength and cardio, among others.
- Real-time security: With this function in combination with a compatible smartphone1, during an activity, it will automatically send a message in case a fall or incident is detected, with the exact position to the emergency contacts that you have previously established in Garmin ConnectTM.
- Smart notifications: As a smartwatch it is also capable of providing connectivity features, which will allow you to receive smart notifications, locate your phone, view calls and emails, as well as calendar reminders and social media notifications.
- Autonomy for days, even weeks: The new Vívomove® Sport features an 8.6×18.5mm OLED monochrome display and offers a battery life of up to 5 days in smartwatch mode and up to 7 additional days if you use it as a traditional watch.
FEMALE AUDIENCE: SPECIAL HEALTH AND SAFETY SERVICES.
As we point out, the female audience is very important for this model. We can see it in specific health and safety functions.
Health: It allows stress tracking with reminders of relaxation and hydration, control of the menstrual cycle and pregnancy. This analyzes the changes that the body experiences throughout the cycle and gestation, and allows to keep track of periods and physical symptoms, as well as offer fertility predictions during the month.
Real-time security: With this function in combination with a compatible smartphone1, during an activity, it will automatically send a message in case a fall or incident is detected, with the exact position to the emergency contacts that you have previously established in Garmin ConnectTM.
We remind you that by itself it is not a classic gps watch. Bet on a GPS connected through a compatible smartphone1 (linkable with AndroidTM and Apple® devices) for better accuracy in the measurement of outdoor activities, beyond the accelerometer that is so useful indoors.
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ,
CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SUPPORT US IN PATREON.COM/MAYAYO