SALOMON XA COLLIDER: TRAIL & MOUNTAIN SHOES FOR 90€. THE XA PRO SPIRIT CLOSER TO ALL POCKETS.
SALOMON XA COLLIDER: Trail and mountain shoes and for 90€. The spirit XA Pro closer to all pockets. Our SECTION TRAIL RUNNNING SHOES presents today one more novelty of the catalogue of the French brand for 2021-22. Heiress of the XA PRO philosophy, now comes a shoe for trail and mountain at a more affordable price € 90.
We continue the advance 21-22 Salomon after the Ultra Glide with 32mm of cushion to run long on firm ground and the Salomon Cross Pro 2 for racing in mud and soft. Today we go with this shoe that, for visual effects, shares a similar philosophy with XA PRO but with less mountain protection, with a more “quiet” approach to use.
SALOMON XA COLLIDER: TRAIL & MOUNTAIN SHOES FOR 90€.
THE XA PRO SPIRIT CLOSER TO ALL POCKETS.
The XA Collider range recently launched by Salomon in versions with / without Gore tex seeks to apply the successful XA Pro philosophy of maximum grip and traction in trail and mountain terrain. If in the mountain races this 2021 we already have the Speedcross 5 as a classic of the saga and with the Salomon Cross Pro as a new version with more recent technologies, in the “off-road” range Salomon the same thing has happened, with this important novelty.
The Salomon XA Collider family starts this 2021 with two colors, gray and black that you can see below. For next year, we will already have more colors like the one presented in the initial video.
The official presentation of the brand reads: “Running, hiking, exploring… the XA COLLIDER equips you for the outdoors. You will have more protection thanks to the reinforced panels of the toe without giving up comfort: we have added wide fit, extra cushioning and soft fabrics.” Given the focus of the brand, let’s go now with the objective data.
SALOMON XA COLLIDER: DATA SHEET.
- Price: 90€ A friendly price, within what are off-road shoes, well below the 130€ of its iconic sister XA Pro.
- Weight: 295gr for men. They are up to 45 grams less equal than the classic alpine XA Pro.
- Drop: 10mm, A high drop, 1mm lower than the classic reference. Even so, it makes them a shoe not very demanding in the technical and that allows us to heel if we get tired of putting many hours with them.
- Ground height: 15mm in front and 25mm behind, plus 6-8mm studs depending on the area. A shoe quite glued to the floor. IT does NOT dampen much in front, of course. But it’s not far behind, thanks to the wide drop. And therefore, that being glued to the ground in front gives us a lot of touch of terrain.
- Support: Quite firm, with the various straps that “fix” the instep plus the chassis.
- Laces: normal-traditional laces, a novelty within the house that has made the cable its usual lace.
Lugs: Low prominence, 3.5mm. With Contagrip MD rubber. They will go well on firm and soft ground, as long as it is not especially deep mud or snow. The Contagrip MD rubber gives a little more durability over the Contagrip MA of the XA Pro.
SALOMON XA COLLIDER: CONCLUSION AND ALTERNATIVES.
A model to run and walk through the mountain with full confidence in areas of firm terrain of the most varied. By weight, rigidity and structure it is located right in a complementary step within the SALOMON range between a more technical climbing shoe such as the SALOMON XA PRO and the more hiking version for firm ground that represents the SALOMON ODISSEY.
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ,
CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SUPPORT US IN PATREON.COM/MAYAYO