COROS PACE 2: GREAT LITTLE GPS WATCH. 200€ WITH UP TO 30H BATTERY IN GPS MODE.
COROS PACE 2: great little GPS watch. 200€ with up to 30h battery in GPS mode. 200€ it offers 30h gps battery. Our GPS WATCH section brings us today complete analysis of the youngest, smallest and cheapest GPS watch in the COROS range. By weight, materials and functions it is the first with a clear urban vocation of the family. A GPS born for racing on asphalt, gym training and the like.
GPS COROS 2021
COROS VERTIX, APEX PRO, APEX & PACE 2
Does a Coros GPS watch work well? They’ve barely been in Spain for a couple of years, right. But, from our actual experience with them, we can confirm that they do. And very well: TEST 1.000KM COROS VERTIX that published recently our colleague Abel de Frutos.
For 2021, we start the panorama of the range with the comparative table of each watch, according to its technical data sheet. Thus, we can place ours in the differences in price, weight, battery life and other technical data, to from there I will refine the user who will best come each one.
COROS GPS WATCH 2021: OFFICIAL COMPARATIVE TABLE
COROS PACE 2: DATA SHEET.
- Price 200€
- Screen resolution 240 X 240 pixels
- Display Material: Corning glass. Specific material for digital displays
- Bevel Material: Polymer reinforced fiber. Medium range material, below the titanium and steel of its brothers in resistance.
- Strap: To choose. The classic Silicone or an even lighter and breathable nylon.
- Battery: GPS stop precision 30h. UltraMax GPS Mode: 60hrs. Basic sports watch use 20 days. Superlative, even more so for your size and weight.
- Full recharge time: 1-2 hours. Pretty fast.
- Satellites: GPS, Glonass, Beidou, Galileo. Wherever you are on the planet, try to pull the most accurate combination in each case.
COROS PACE 2: HIGHLIGHTS
- Hyperlight and compact: With only 29 g if we bet on the NYLON Strap COROS, COROS PACE 2 was the lightest GPS watch in the world at the time of its launch, at the end of 2020.
- 4X processor more powerful than the original PACE: The PACE 2 CHOIRS is quite a leap vs. the original version. Now it sports a processor 1.5 times more powerful, offers 5 times more RAM and 4 times more storage than the original PACE CHOIRS, As not only processes more and better, but also incorporates new expanded functions. And it will last much longer (400%) until the memory is saturated and you have to unload/clean data.
- Battery 30h gps precision. House brand, the battery in this small format impresses. And this PACE 2 CHOIRS offers 30 hours of full GPS battery life. This is a 20% increase from the original PACE CHOIRS. And if you want your battery to last you even longer, it has an UltraMax mode that will be according to the brand goes up to almost 60h of battery although already losing precision data.
- Sport watch mode for 20 days: Saving battery prolongs the life of the watch. In this case, the PACE 2 CHOIRS offers 20 days of daily use. EYE, Which unlike other brands, in this case are 20 days WITHOUT GPS BUT WITH tracking of heart rate and sleep, activate the backlight, measure steps, receive notifications and even alarms every day.
- Automatic Laps adjustment: When we go around training on the track or pool, he just realizes it and adjusts himself. A classic problem of GPS watches that never got right with the length of rope or real pool, is solved here using the head. We will see in the tests with how much precision, of course…. but that’s fine.
- Multisport for all: And, although focused mainly on urban running, gym and pool training, the PACE 2 CHOIRS maintains the pre-endowed sport modes of the adventurous family. What’s more, we can go beyond the standard running, biking or swimming and try the new strength mode, or explore the accuracy of the track race mode discussed above.
- Personal strength trainer mode: The Strength Training program has over 200 exercises already integrated for upper body, lower body, core work and more. PACE CHOIRS 2 automatically detects your body’s movements and monitors your heart rate and calories burned.
- Muscle heat map Once you’re done, check out the new muscle heat map to see which muscle groups saw the most action in a daily, weekly, or monthly view, to help determine your next training block.
COROS PACE 2 CONCLUSION.
THE youngest and most urbanite of the brand, but with a tremendous value for money. If its brothers have a mountaineering vocation and very solid boxes, the specific digital glass and the plastic polymer box are not here so resistant, because it is designed to be used as an “asphalt” watch in the city. Or at least, where we are not going to rub it or hit it with rocks on a regular basis.
It is the smallest and lightest of the brand, with just 30 grams on the wrist. Perfect for weight obsessed in career like the pròpio Kipchoge. Handle the dual Bluetooth/ANT+ connection like all its siblings.
Despite its tiny size and weight, its battery reaches up to 30h in GPS mode every 1sec. It’s a superlative achievement, which is 20% higher than the original Pace, which was already very good in itself. And in case you are an ultra-deep asphalter, it also has ultramax mode with which you can go until 60h of the pull, losing some clear precision. In daily use as a watch it only goes up to 20 days.
Remember that it is not only the duration of a charge that matters, but that the fewer charges / recharges we have to do, the longer the clock will last us in useful life. POr that this advance is worth double if we want an investment in the medium / long term.
Pros: Lightness and minimal bulk, but great battery. All that for only 200€
Cons: Asphalt and urban approach. Good for training on track too, but it’s not as hard for the mountain by not betting on steel or titanium than if they protect the heart of their older brothers.
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ,
CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SUPPORT US IN PATREON.COM/MAYAYO