UTMB WORLD SERIES CONFIRMED 2022 CALENDAR
UTMB® WORLD SERIES CONFIRMED 2022 CALENDAR. Our MOUNTAIN RACING CALENDAR 2022 brings us today the latest confirmed information about the UTMB World Series 2022: the calendar.
A couple of hours ago we informed you about the inclusion of Transvulcany in the UTMB WOrld Series, and now is the confirmation of its whole calendar for 2022. We start by reviewing the interview with Catherinne Poletti by Abel and Mayayo, then we see the details.
UTMB WORLD SERIES 2022
Runners in the USA will be able to experience the UTMB® adventure and begin their journey to the renowned UTMB® Mont-Blanc on home soil, with the confirmation that two exceptional trail running events in North America will join the inaugural UTMB® World Series in 2022. The organizers of the world’s leading trail running circuit have also announced more opportunities for European runners, with the confirmation of additional events in Croatia and Slovenia.
In the US, Canyons Endurance Runs by UTMB® in California will take runners back to the birthplace of mountain ultras along the historic Western States Trail, while Speedgoat Mountain Races by UTMB® in Utah presents a challenge on one of the toughest 50km races in the country.
In central Europe, Croatia’s premier trail running event, Istria 100 by UTMB®, will challenge runners on a course that is as beautiful as it is demanding, while Julian Alps Trail Run by UTMB® will immerse runners in serene wilderness of the highest mountains in Slovenia.
Transvulcania by UTMB® in Spain, Kullamannen by UTMB® in Sweden, and Ultra-Trail Kosciuszko by UTMB® in Australia join previously announced events for 2022 racing calendar — — UTMB® World Series confirms 25 events in 2022
Just eight months after the concept was first launched, UTMB Group and The IRONMAN Group, organizers of the UTMB World Series®, have today confirmed a calendar of 25 events across 16 countries in Asia, Oceania, Europe, and the Americas for 2022. With the addition of the three new events of Transvulcania by UTMB® in Spain, Kullamannen by UTMB® in Sweden, and Ultra-Trail Kosciuszko by UTMB® in Australia, the countdown to the first UTMB® World Series Event of 2022 is officially on. Watch the video here.
The UTMB® World Series will officially get underway with Croatia’s biggest trail running race, Istria 100 by UTMB®, from 7-10 April. Over 2,000 runners are expected to line up at the first ever UTMB® World Series Event, for what will also be the first chance to qualify for the UTMB® World Series Finals in the OCC, CCC® and UTMB® races at UTMB® Mont-Blanc 2023.
The top three male and female finishers in the 50K, 100K and 100M categories will win automatic entry into the corresponding final, while amateur runners will be able to collect Running Stones which can be used as entries into the UTMB® Mont-Blanc lottery. UTMB® World Series Events are now the only place where participants can collect Running Stones in favour of the previous points system and begin their journey to Chamonix, France.
Marie Sammons, UTMB® World Series Sport and Regeneration Director, commented: “The calendar for 2022 is exceptional and we are really excited to be working with such dedicated race organizers around the world who share our vision for excellence, inclusivity, comradery and accessibility. With 25 events in 2022, both amateur and elite runners around the world will be able to find a UTMB® World Series Event closer to them, which for many will be the start of the journey to UTMB® Mont-Blanc and the Finals. We look forward to welcoming athletes from across the globe to an event soon, and to delivering an unforgettable experience at the best races and in the most striking locations.”
UTMB® WORLD SERIES 2022 CALENDAR OF EVENTS*
- Istria 100 by UTMB® (Croatie), 7-10 avril
- Canyons Endurance Runs by UTMB® (USA), 23 Avril
- Ultra-Trail Australia™ by UTMB® (Australie), 12-15 mai
- Trail du Saint-Jacques by UTMB® (France), 11 juin
- mozart 100™ by UTMB® (Autriche), 18 juin
- La Sportiva® Lavaredo Ultra Trail® by UTMB® (Italie), 23-26 juin
- Trail 100 Andorra™ by UTMB® (Andorre), 24-26 juin
- Western States® 100-Mile Endurance Run (USA), 25-26 juin
- Ultra-Trail Snowdonia by UTMB® (Pays de Galles), 1-3 juillet
- Restonica Trail by UTMB® (France), 7-9 juillet
- Val d’Aran by UTMB® (Espagne), 7-10 juillet (MAJOR)
- Trail Verbier Saint-Bernard by UTMB®, (Suisse), 8-10 juillet
- Eiger Ultra Trail by UTMB® (Suisse), 15-17 juillet
- Speedgoat Mountain Races by UTMB® (USA), 22-23 juillet
- Wildstrubel by UTMB® (Suisse), 8-11 septembre
- Julian Alps Trail Run by UTMB® (Slovénie), 16-18 septembre
- Nice Côte d’Azur by UTMB® (France), 22-25 septembre
- Transvulcania by UTMB® (Espagne), 20-23 octobre
- Puerto Vallarta México by UTMB® (Mexique), 28-30 octobre
- TransLantau™ by UTMB® (Hong Kong), 4-6 novembre (MAJOR)
- Kullamannen by UTMB® (Suède), 4-6 novembre
- Thailand by UTMB® (Thailande), 10-13 décembre
- Ultra-Trail Kosciusko by UTMB® (Australie), 15-18 décembre
- Panda Trail by UTMB® (Chine), dates TBC*
- UTMB® Mont-Blanc (France, Suisse, Italie) 22-28 août (FINALS en 2023) *Tarawera Ultramarathon by UTMB® (NZ) et Gaoligong by UTMB® (Chine) annulés en 2022
UTMB WORLD SERIES: HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Already in recent years we saw UTMB modify the entry method for the UTMB races held in August in Chamonix that favored the finalists of the BY UTMB and UTWT races through the Running Stones and shortcuts, UTMB gives a twist and launches this project.
How does the new circuit work? The new circuit is self-presented in a big way, without complexes: “A revolution for sport that will unite the trail running community through a new integrated sports system open to all. Inspired by UTMB’s high standards, runners will be able to participate in the most beautiful events on the planet.”
IMPORTANT! This circuit will be the only way for riders to start their journey to Mont-Blanc, France, where the prestigious finals will take place. Undoubtedly, a model that Ironman has already applied for years with its mythical end in KONA. And that logically, it seeks to replicate now with CHamonix as a mecca of the world ultra trail.
The UTMB World Series seeks to be the dominant circuit of this sport. To this end, four categories have been defined: 20K, 50K, 100K, and 100M, based on km-effort.
UTMB INDEX: HOW IS IT AND HOW DOES IT WORK
Runners can register directly to the UTMB World Series Events and those with a valid UTMB Index will gain privileged access to register.
The UTMB index is based on the sport’s first ranking system and can be achieved by completing at least one UTMB® World Series Major, UTMB® World Series Event race or by participating in one of the thousands of UTMB® World Series Qualifier races around the world in the last 24 months.
The performance index created by Didier Curdy in 2014 is at the heart of the new UTMB World Series sports system. It has been applied first through ITRA and now from UTMB over the years. In this time, it has proven its relevance and quality.
The performance index will now be accessible only from the new website utmb.world. UTMB is completely separated from ITRA. It stops recognizing ITRA points and refers to its own UTMB points exclusively, both for the popular and the elite.
- Popular: It serves to pass the minimum access to be able to pay a bib, from 1 to 30 points (now renamed as “running stones”)
- Elites: elite They receive a courtesy number free of charge, if they exceed the set level, from 1 to 1,000 points. will continue to provide the level of performance of each rider participating in the UTMB World Series races.
IMPORTANT: UTMB NO LONGER RECOGNIZES ITRA POINTS.
The ITRA points that the races give to the popular will NOT be used to run in Chamonix. The ITRA ranking of elites will NO longer serve to achieve elite invitations to UTMB either.
UTMB INDEX: CAREER CATEGORIES AND PERFORMANCE INDEX
The performance index is calculated for each of the 4 racing categories of the UTMB World Series 20K, 50K, 100K and 100M.
A valid performance index is achieved by completing at least one UTMB World Series Major, UTMB World Series Event or UTMB World Series Qualifier race in the corresponding category in the last 24 months. Once a race category has been activated, all races from the last 36 months will be used to calculate the performance index.
Trail runners also receive an overall performance index calculated by combining results from all race categories. The overall performance index is available as soon as a valid performance index is achieved in a category: 20K, 50K, 100K and 100M.
UTMB INDEX: BENEFITS OF A PERFORMANCE INDEX
Runners with a valid performance index will have privileged access to register for a UTMB® World Series or UTMB® World Series Major event and will use their performance index to validate their entry into the lottery of the UTMB® World Series finals.
Privileged access * corresponds to:
- Exclusive pre-sale period
- Prices guaranteed for early booking
- Access to races on a first-come, first-served basis
* Excluding sold-out races where a draw will be organized. In the event of a tie, the subscription will be exclusive to the holders of the performance index.
In cases where the UTMB World Series Event organization or the UTMB World Series Major requires proof of previous racing experience, runners must demonstrate that they possess a valid performance index of 50K, 100K or 100M.
Check your Performance Index in utmb.world: Here is the example of our colleague Mayayo.
In utmb.world you will find the results of your most recent races and the update of your Performance Index based on your results. The consultation is free to access, but now you can create an account at no cost to access detailed statistics and link your broker registration to your account.
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ,
CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SUPPORT US IN PATREON.COM/MAYAYO