WMRA WORLD CUP 2021 STARTS: TATRA RACE RUN IN ZAKOPANE,POLAND
WMRA WORLD CUP 2021 STARTS: Tatra Race Run in Yakopane, Poland. Our TRAIL RUNNING CALENDAR 2021 bring us today the great news of the WMRA World Cup 2021 finally starting. This weekend, 26th and 27th June, the Tatra Race Run will be cellebrated in Zakopane, Poland.
USA, Poland, Czech Republic, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, France and Austria. These are the locations who will be staging the 2021 WMRA World Cup. It is really pleasing to be able to present today the Tatra Race that will be cellebrated this weekend in Zakopane, Poland.
WMRA WORLD CUP 2021: TATRA RACE RUN 24 KM +1700 M
ZAKOPANE, POLAND, 27TH JUNE
Tatra Race Run takes place in the Tatra Mountains, an area with a rich history of mountain running. In fact, the Tatra Mountain Walk, which took place in 1925, was the first mountain run in the republic of Poland. Tatra Race Run is inspired by another historical event – Tatrzański Chod – so the organisers will be taking all the best historical features and combining them with the fast and furious world of contemporary mountain running.
The Tatra Mountain range is the highest mountain range in the Carpathian Mountains, which spans Poland and Slovakia. The area is renowned for skiing, mountaineering, walking and running and is a dream for those who love spending time in the mountains. Zakopane is in the south of Poland, approximately 85 kilometres south of Krakow.
TATRA RACE RUN 24 KM +1700 M
Athletes will compete on a route of 24 kilometres with 1700 metres of positive elevation. The course will take the runners along the Tatra paths and ridges from Zakopane to Kościelisko. They will start at Kuźnice and run through the Kondracka Pass and Czerwone Wierchy to the Tomanowa Valley and the Hala Ornak, and then through the Iwaniacka Przełęcz, the Starorobociańska and Chochołowska Valley to the finish line at Siwa Polana.
As well as a stacked field of local mountain running talent, which we’re looking forward to seeing, international runners who will be among the favourites include: Bernard Dematteis (4th in the 2019 World Cup), Martin Dematties (7th at the 2019 World Cup), Alice Gaggi (2013 World Mountain Running Champion), Lorenza Becaria (number 10 in the current WMRA World Ranking), Henri Aymonod (Italian VK Champion 2020), and exciting young talents Cecilia Basso and Raul Criado (Spanish national U23 champion).
TATRA RACE RUN: PROGRAMM
SATURDAY June 26, 2021
12.00-20.00 registration, Dynafit Store, Krupówki 40 Shopping Center, Zakopane
SUNDAY June 27, 2021
6:30 start, Kuźnice
13:00 finish line closes – Siwa Polana
15.00 award ceremony, Krupówki 40 Shopping Center, Góralski Browar – Zakopane, Krupówki 40
WMRA WORLD CUP 2021 CALENDAR
Summary 2021 World Cup key facts:
12 Event locations
16 Races in 3 categories
- 26JUN Poland debuts with the Tatra Race Run on a 24k/+2.019 in the country’s iconic mountains. It’ll be the second Long Mountain race.
- 11JUL We returned to Grossglockner Berglauf in Heilenblut, Austria, on July 11th for the next Classic Mountain. Runners will face the 13km race with 1265m climb (no descent) against the stunning backdrop of Austria’s highest mountain ascent. http://www.grossglocknerberglauf.at/berglauf.html/
- 17JUL Spectacular meeting at the foot of Mont Blanc with La Monteé du Nide d’Agle in Saint Gervais. Race in Classic Mountain mode to the iconic refuge of the Mont Blanc normal route, climbing 2,000m in 19.5km.
- 24JUL Second date in Poland with the Tatra Sky Marathon, thihs time as Long Mountain about 42k/+3,300m.
- 7AUG The world’s highest level mountain race arrives: The Sierre-Zinal in Switzerland, celebrates its 48th edition with more than 4,000 bibs running. The 2019 edition will be remembered for the double record achieved by Jornet and Mahtys. In 2021 it will race in Long Mountain mode on its iconic 31k/+2,200m. https://www.sierre-zinal.com
- 15AUG. We travel north of the Czech Republic for the Krkonossky Half Marathon. A world cup veteran arrives only a week after Sierre-Zinal and will be the next Classic, on a 21k/+1,200m http://www.maratonstav.cz
- 4-5SEP Journey goes to northern Italy to experience the Vertical Nasego and Nasego Trophy. It will start with the Uphill about 4.2k/+1000m and the next day the Classic about 21.5k/+1.336m. http://www.trofeonasegocorsainmontagna.com/
- 11-12SEP Spain debuts with the spectacular Aragonese Pyrenees offered by Canfranc Canfranc. Will hold two races climbing up to almost three thousand meters of altitude. They will be the 45k/+3910m Long Mountain or the Classic over 16k/+1,600m. https://canfranccanfranc.com
- 26SEP Return to Italy with the Ciolo Trophy. High pace race, about 11km/+496km in Classic mode.
- 3OCT Zumaia Flysch Trail will give the winners of Classic and Long Mountain. There will be a Long Mountain over 42k/+3000m, and also a Classic with 22k/+850m ascent. http://www.zumaiaflyschtrail.com
- 10OCT Vertical Kilometer Chiavenna-Lagunac will give Uphill champion. This classic of Italian mountain racing has already been a WMRA-affiliated race and is known as the “vertical race of records” with a 3.2k/+1,000m trace its conditions are perfect for breaking the world record. http://www.kilometroverticalelagunc.it
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ,
CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SUPPORT US IN PATREON.COM/MAYAYO