INOV-8 TRAILFLY ULTRA G 300 MAX: FIRST TRAIL SHOES WITH GRAPHENE MIDSOLE, TO LAST TWICE AS LONG.
INOV-8 TRAILFLY ULTRA G 300 MAX: Trail shoes with graphene foam midsole. Our TRAIL RUNNING SHOES section today launches a technical novelty of special interest. As it did in 2018 with the first graphene soles, Inov-8 today unveiled the world’s first shoes that use a graphene-enhanced foam.
The graphene-enhanced padded foam, christened G-FLY, debuts on the INOV-8 TRAILFLY ULTRA G 300 MAX. A shoe designed for ultra trail and long distance, which seeks to improve performance and double the average durability of the shoes. Let’s go with the technical analysis by Mayayo.
INOV-8 TRAILFLY ULTRA G 300 MAX
TRAILRUNNING SHOES WITH GRAPHENE FOAM MIDSOLE
Continuing the collaboration with graphene experts at the University of Manchester, which we have already advanced years ago, the British brand again insists that greatest innovation in sports footwear of 2021 is this. According to its claim, scientific evidence shows that graphene-infused foam, the world’s toughest material, offers a 25% higher energy return and is much more resistant to compression wear.
If these corporate preliminary studies were confirmed in the actual in-depth tests we can conduct later, it would mean that the shoe maintains optimal levels of bounce and comfort under the feet for much longer. This would help each runner maintain faster speed over longer distances, help their feet feel fresher for longer, and extend the life of their shoes.
INOV-8 TRAILFLY ULTRA G 300 MAX: DATA SHEET.
- Price £170 / $190 / €195
- Weight: 300g (average weight across size curve)
- Drop 6mm.
- Ground height: 30mm heel / 24mm forefoot
- Sole: Inov-8 G- Grip. Rubber rubber and graphene, with great traction and a lot of durability, already tested in previous shoes.
- Midsole: New G-fly foam with graphene.
- Chassis: Adapter-flex. New 10mm grooved last under your feet.
- Boomerang Insole. Increased cushioning and rebound.
- Lug depth: 4mm
- Fit: Grade 5 (inov-8 fit scale in the toe box is 1-5, with 5 being the widest)
INOV-8 TRAILFLY ULTRA G 300 MAX: HIGHLIGHTS
As you can see in the tab above, not only is the midsole material new. In addition, TRAILFLY ULTRA G 300 MAX has been further boosted with a new cushioning. it is also the first trail shoe with deep cushioning that, thanks to the new ADAPTER-FLEX technology ™, adapts and reacts to uneven terrain. The 10mm smart groove under the feet releases the midsole and works in harmony with the foot, so runners feel connected to the track.
Of course, the new shoe also has a Graphene-Grip sole that, together with G-FLY and ADAPTER-FLEX, have patent pending. To this day, we have been able to roll this sole thoroughly with graphene in shoes like the INOV-8 GRIP.
Inov-8 first used Graphene in 2018 when it threw GRAPHENE-GRIP rubber into the soles of its range of running, walking and exercising shoes. Sales of its range with that wonderful rubber have soared globally over the past three years. Logical, then, that inov-8 prides itself on being the only manufacturer in the world to wear Graphene in sports shoes.
- Graphene-enhanced rubber delivers the world’s toughest grip – insane sticky traction AND increased durability, no compromise. 50% stronger, 50% more elastic, 50% harder wearing, scientifically proven.
- 35 multi-directional 4mm deep lugs on each shoe have been meticulously shaped and positioned to improve both propulsion at the front and braking at the rear.
- Measured spacing between the lugs prevents debris from sticking to the outsole, while water dispersion channels and rubber dimples give extra grip on slick surfaces.
- Vertical grooves cut into the rubber allow the foot’s metatarsal bones to move more independently, aiding adaptability and flexible grip when running over uneven terrain.
MIDSOLE & INSOLE:
- Graphene-enhanced G-FLY cushioned foam is more resistant to wear. It retains its thickness and optimum levels of snappy energy return for longer, helping runners feel faster and fresher over greater distances. Incredible energy return AND increased durability, no compromise.
- The new foam gives 25% more energy return. Laboratory tests show that even when the foam is aged to mimic extensive use, it still delivers more energy return than some unaged foams. Athletes testing the foam said it was still performing well after 1,200km – double the industry standard.
- Stack heights (midsole & outsole combined) of 30mm in the heel and 24mm in the forefoot, make this our most cushioned shoe ever. A 6mm drop (heel to toe differential) hits the sweet spot for long-distance comfort.
- A revolutionary 10mm deep ADAPTER-FLEX groove makes this the only max cushioned shoe that adapts, reacts and moulds to uneven terrain for a responsive ride. It frees the stacked midsole of rigidity and works in tandem with the foot’s midtarsal joint to increase flex and mobility.
- BOOMERANG insole features hundreds of expanded TPU beads that compress and spring back for 40% more energy return – and greater cushioning – than standard insoles. Retains its 6mm thickness and optimum performance level for longer, while wicking away unwanted moisture.
- ADAPTER-FIT technology delivers a supportive fit that adjusts to the natural movements and swelling of the foot when running long distances. Lightweight, breathable air mesh materials further aid a soft, natural feel without compromising on durability.
- A wide toe-box (grade 5 on our 1-5 fit scale) and lightweight racer tongue enhance the overall comfort, while a double-layered toe guard increases protection against rocky terrain. The tongue is also gusseted to keep debris out of the shoe.
INOV-8 TRAILFLY ULTRA G 300 MAX: MAIN STATEMENTS.
Michael Price, Director of Inov-8 Operations: “In an industry where running shoe manufacturers appear to be hanging on carbon plates under their feet, we have put forward an innovative proposal. G-FLY padded foam not only gives runners an incredible and lasting energy return, but also a stiff, agility-free feeling under their feet.
“We have worked incredibly hard over the past two years with the university and veteran footwear industry leader Doug Sheridan on developing this innovation. A team of 40 athletes from around the world tested shoe prototypes and more than 50 blends of graphene-enhanced foam. Reports of trail testing show that G-FLY foam continues to work well after 1200 km, double the industry standard.”
Wayne Edy, founder INOV-8 said, “We continue to open our own way, with innovation at the forefront of everything we do. It would be easy to follow others, but that’s not in our DNA. Our revolutionary use of graphene, first in rubber and now in foam, shows that we dare to be different”
INOV-8 TRAILFLY ULTRA G 300 MAX: CONCLUSION
At first glance the shoes shows a mixture of robustness, flexibility and adaptability to the foot that promise, for the moment, what the brand ensures in relation to the use of graphene: greater durability, greater energy return and adaptability to the terrain without losing properties over kilometers and time.
Likewise, once the shoe is fit, is very comfortable and “hugs” the foot generating great feeling of support, stability and desire to run. It also stands out that the chassis at the front is quite wide, offering great comfort to roll hours and hours with them, but that we will tell you once we have performed the full performance test that starts right now.