PENYAGOLOSA TRAILS 2021 POSTPONED TO OCTOBER.

The organization of Penyagolosa Trails decides to move the event to October to celebrate this edition with the greatest guarantees.

Penyagolosa Trails has been forced to postpone the event to be held in April due to the health situation caused by the Covid-19 pandemic. Thus, the MiM and the CSP will take place from the 15th to 17th of October.  The director, Tico Cervera, regrets having to assume this new postponement, but is confident and optimistic that next autumn it will be celebrated.

In recent months, the organization of Penyagolosa Trails has worked on the adaptation of security protocols to celebrate the event and the processing of all the necessary permits, in order to be able to hold the event in April.  Despite the improvement of the situation over the past two weeks, contagion data still shows much fragility and uncertainty about the restrictions that will be adopted in the coming weeks and that directly affects the holding of an international event such as Penyagolosa Trails. Tico Cervera explains that “It is hard to be forced to postpone the race again, but we know that our first priority is to ensure the safety of everybody: runners, volunteers, staff, the public and the local population in general”. In addition, he added that “although the evolution of the pandemic keeps being positive as these last two weeks, there are restrictions that would make it difficult to organize and hold two races like the MiM and the CSP and, with this uncertainty we think that the most responsible action is to move the event to October”.

Tico Cervera also wanted to thank again the support of the Council of Castellón and all the sponsors who have understood the decision and supported it. Finally, the director of the race pointed out that “the pandemic is preventing us from holding Penyagolosa Trails in April, but it will take place sooner than later we will enjoy again this world reference trail race and a key event to position the Valencian Community”.

Registration process

Those runners who had a bib for the 2021 edition will have the option of choosing to switch their bibs to the October 2021 edition or change it to the 2022 edition. In the case that a runner decides not to dispute any of these editions, its payment will be totally reimbursed. 

In the coming weeks, an email will be sent to all runners who already have a bib to inform them of the deadlines in which they will have to decide which option they choose.


IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ,
CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SUPPORT US IN PATREON.COM/MAYAYO

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is patron-carreras-de-montac3b1a-3.jpg
This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is twitter_logo_blue.png
This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is instagram_appicon_aug2017.png

Post by Héctor Rubio for Trailrunningspain