ALTRA RIVERA REVIEW: ASPHALT RUNNING SHOE WITH DROP ZERO.
ALTRA RIVERA REVIEW: daily training shoe with DROP ZERO. Our RUNNING SHOES section brings us today a new version of Altra. The Altra RIVERA, a shoe created for daily use that we could say is located in the medium segment, between the Altra Escalante (shoe with good reactivity) and the Altra Torin (shoe with less reactivity but more cushioned)
Following the trend of the brand, it is a shoe with wide profiles, light,only 250 grams in the 45, with 26mm of height to the ground, and a regular Drop 0mm in Altra. Let’s look at the review by our #patroncarrerasdemontana Abel de Frutos.
ALTRA RIVERA REVIEW
ALTRA RIVERA REVIEW: NEUTRAL SHOE FOR EVERYDAY USE
Altra will launch this spring the new Altra RIVERA, a new shoe that we could frame in a medium shoe segment. In this case, we could say that it comes to complement two shoes already in catalogue, the Altra Torin and the Altra Escalante.
When we say to complement, we mean that this Altra Rivera could be perfectly a hybrid between the two of them and that it tries to collect the best of each one. On the one hand, the cushioning of the Torin, a shoe that offers a lot of cushioning and comfort. And on the other hand the reactivity of the Escalante, a shoe destined to run a little faster.
- Price: 130€ approx an average price for a shoe that is perfectly located in that segment.
- Weight 250gr for an 11US-45, light weight of 250 grams for a high number (45), which will offer us quite lightness during the race.
- Drop: 0 mm drop, typical of Altra with a cushioning of 26mm. You’ll have to be careful
- Upper: Technical fabric cover less reinforced than the Torin, apparently gives the feeling of comfortable and breathable, but we will not be able to confirm it until we have thoroughly tested it. Plenty of space in the finger area with its characteristic pattern. Very thin and light laces that together with its very padded tongue will offer a good fit.
- Midsole: ALTRA EGO cushioning, very soft foam that seeks to combine the cushioning of the Torin with the reactivity of the Escalante.
- Ground height: 26mm, both front and back. A height higher than normal, to cushion with guarantees.
- Sole: Oversized sole with 11cm at the front and 8’5cm at the back. We can observe different types of rubber with different colors depending on the landing zone. In addition to lighten the shoe has a central area with the same rubber of the midsole. To help the transition in the race, keep incorporating the Inner flex along the sole that will help us flex properly.
ALTRA RIVERA REVIEW: CONCLUSION
A shoe that, like the rest of Altra, stands out for its drop 0mm and great cushioning (26mm). Currently we have not yet run with them, as our testers are used to try shoes of different drop. Therefore we like to make a progressive adaptation to this drop and start just walking with them for a few days. After the first set, we noticed a comfortable shoe, with very good cushioning and that a priori will grip well on any surface (both dirt and asphalt), thanks to its sole with different rubbers.
Lightweight and breathable a priori cover and feeling of absolute comfort, although the first impressions on the heel have been slightly low at the back. As soon as we can start shooting them we will see if this is a problem, or on the contrary it is a success.
Trying to maintain the cushioning of the Torin and seeking the reactivity of the Escalante, it is a shoe to serve us for any type of day-to-day training, especially if we are fans of drop 0.
Soon we’ll start shooting it thoroughly to tell you everything here.
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ,
CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SUPPORT US IN PATREON.COM/MAYAYO