2020 ISF GENERAL ASSEMBLY SKYRUNNING – LOOKING TOWARDS THE FUTURE
Despite the current worldwide situatioin, the thirteenth International Skyrunning Federation General Assembly took place on October 30, 2020, via Zoom from the ISF operational headquarters in Biella, Italy.
The 2020 AGA via Zoom with the participation of 53 participants from across the world. ©ISF
A record 31 members took part, and, while the personal contact was missing it was inspiring to have no less than 53 participants on screen from across the world.
After the assembly, the ISF is represented in a total of 45 nations, split between full members, associate members and aspirant members.
The assembly was chaired by Marino Giacometti, President and Silvio Calvi, Vice President, International Relations. The President’s Report outlined:
- current situation based on the Covid19 pandemic.
- postponement of the World Championships to 2021.
- Plan B was proposed and approved to create a Continental circuit.
- proposal for a Strategic Plan
- the successful Youth Championships with the participation of 28 countries in 2019, are re-confirmed in 2021 in L’Aquila, Italy.
- a new skyrunning discipline called “SkySnow” was approved.
The current pandemic situation is ongoing and the 2021 calendar unclear. The future is not ours to see, as the 1950’s song says, but skyrunning is on an upward climb with an ever-stronger federation working for “Less cloud. More sky!”
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ,
CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SUPPORT US IN PATREON.COM/MAYAYO