SKIARENA BERWANG: SKI AND FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY.
The Skiarena Bergwang, is a family ski resort, with a total of 12 ski lifts divided into approximately 40 km of slopes, of which 24 km are marked as blue (easy), about 10 km are red (intermediate) and 1.5 km are marked as black (difficult). Our #patroncarrerasdemontana, Héctor Rubio, brings us with this first article, a series in which he will introduce us to different ski resorts in the Alps.
SKI AND FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
The Skiarena Berwang is exactly the right choice if you’re looking for a truly enjoyable, family-friendly ski region away from all the hustle and bustle.
It has a total of 36 km of tracks, which are connected by thirteen modern cable cars and gondolas. 19 km of the descents are easy (marked in blue) and therefore especially suitable for families with children, beginners in the world of skiing and also experts, why not?
They guarantee enough snow thanks to the altitude above 1,300 m and the snowmaking machines that cover approximately 80% of all tracks. The gates of the rustic Alps and the mountain Hütte (refuges-inns) for families are always open for a pleasant stop to rest and thus be able to taste some traditional culinary delight, such as the Apfelstrudel or the Kaiserschmarrn.
While the Berwang-Bichlbach winter sport region might not be among the biggest ski regions, it offers many a surprise! The night slope in Berwang is a great experience in the Tiroler Zugspitz Arena – and the night toboggan run is a genuine highlight for all ages. Snowboards, cross-country skiers, winter hikers and ice sport fans enjoy the small yet exclusive ski region in the Zugspitz Arena as well as there’s something great for everyone in the heart of the beautiful nature scenery of the Berwanger Tal.
SKIARENA BERWANG: INFORMATION, PRICES & MAP
WINTER SEASON 2021/2022: December 18th, 2021 – March 27th, 2022
daily from 9.00 am to 16.40 pm
A total of 12 lift facilities, including two gondola family lifts, several chairlifts and platter lifts, await you in the family-friendly ski region of Berwang with guaranteed snow from mid-December to early April. Young slopesters, ski connoisseurs, true experts and snowboarders will find exactly what they are looking for in a ski holiday in Tyrol on 40 km of slopes. Approx. 24 km are marked easy (blue), around 10 km are medium (red) and 1.5 km are hard (black).
Reach all lifts from the Rinnen ski lift at one end to the Karlift in Heiterwang at the other end of the ski region in the Tiroler Zugspitz Arena with the ski bus and the cable cars; the Almkopfbahn connects Bichlbach and Berwang.
Those who haven’t had enough slope fun after a long day of skiing can take the Egghof Sun Jet to the starting point of the illuminated slope every Thursday evening. Tip: take a look at the webcams and see the weather and the snow depth for yourself!
COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES: SKI TICKET PURCHASE AND USE OF THE LIFT
The “must have rule” is required for access from 12 years and up. A valid vaccination or a recovery document is required. The following regulations apply:
Currently there are four vaccines licensed in Austria: BioNTech/Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Janssen Pharmaceutica NV.
The following periods of validity and guidelines apply to vaccination certificates:
- Valid for 270days = 9 months from the day after the second vaccination (applies to vaccines that require two vaccinations for full immunization, e.g. Moderna, Biontech/Pfizer, AstraZeneca). 14 days must have elapsed between the first and second vaccination.
- Valid from 22nd day after vaccination for 270 days = 9 months (applies to vaccines that only require one dose for full immunization, e.g. Johnson & Johnson) applies until 2nd January 2022, afterwards only in combination with a second vaccination (second vaccination must take place at least 14 days after first vaccination)
- From the day after the first vaccination for 270 days = 9 months if a positive molecular biological test for SARS-CoV-2 (PCR test) or evidence of neutralising antibodies vaccination was available at least 21 days before
- Valid for 270 days = 9 months from the day of another vaccination than those listed above. This further vaccination must have been given 120 days after the last vaccination. Exception: Johnson & Johnson – second vaccination valid from 14 days after first vaccination.
- For persons subject to compulsory education in Austria, an exemption applies during school-free periods. These persons must be tested regularly in the respective week (at least 2 x PCR test and 1 x antigen test). If the test intervals are adhered to, this is equivalent to 2-G detection. This regulation also applies mutatis mutandis to persons not permanently resident in Austria = holidaymakers/guests.
- The exception this winter is for all children born after 01 September 2006.
DOWNLOAD – Holiday-Ninja-Pass for persons subject to compulsory education from 12 to 15 years
- Proof of recovery from an infection with SARS-CoV-2 in the last 180 days or a medical confirmation of an infection with SARS-CoV-2 in the last 180 days = 6 months, which has been confirmed by molecular biology..
- A certificate of segregation if issued for a person who has been confirmed to be infected with SARS-CoV-2 within the last 180 days = 6 months prior to the planned testing.
If a passenger cannot or does not want to comply with officially prescribed COVID-19 protective measures, we are obliged to refuse the transport. In these cases, no claim to a (pro-rata) reimbursement can be asserted.
MOUTH AND NOSE COVER
HOW TO GET TO THE SKIARENA BERWNAG?
- BY CAR: The Berwang-Bichlbach holiday region is home to the first ski region in the Tiroler Zugspitz Arena. You can’t get to the slopes any faster. Travel by car from Germany via the Allgäu and Garmisch-Partenkirchen without road tax disc! The proximity to Bavaria is the reason why the Skiarena Berwang-Bichlbach is also ideally suited for a short trip or a weekend holiday.
Free parking spots for cars and buses are available at all valley stations: Almkopfbahn in Bichlbach (6621 Bichlbach 149), Sonnenbichllift in Bichlbach, Sonnalmbahn in Berwang (6622 Berwang 120), Egghof Sun Jet in Berwang (6622 Berwang 96), Thanellerkarlift in Berwang, Panoramabahn Rastkopf and Rinnerlift. The main access point to the ski region is located at the Almkopfbahn valley station, right by the Fernpass-Bundesstrasse B 179 (6621 Bichlbach 149).
- BY TRAIN: if you’re travelling by train (ÖBB or DB), your destination is Bichlbach train station located directly at the Almkopfbahn valley station. Regional trains to Reutte in Tyrol and Ehrwald Zugspitzbahn run hourly.
- BY PLANE: If you’re travelling by plane, we recommend the closest airports in Innsbruck, Memmingen and Munich. At these airports, you will find several car rental services and can also book transfer services to Berwang-Bichlbach – find the addresses on the airport websites.
TICKETS & PRICES 2022
SKIARENA BERWANG: INFORMATION BY HEKRUCA
The Ski Arena Berwang is part of the Tiroler Zugspitz Arena in Tirol, Austria.
I really wanted to visit this resort for a very long time, as any time that i drove from Reutte direction Gearmisch-Parterkirchen or any direction is Austria, I have always seen the Almkopfbahn lift from the road. And this last holidays was the perfect oportunity.
So on Thrusday 30th December, even if the weather forecast did not look so great (rain and warm weather forecasted) we headed to Berwang as part of our Silvester Ski trip, that I will share with you in the coming articles: Sölden, Hochgurgl and much more.
With its 40 km of well groomed slopes which offer all possibilities of skiing, from the easy blue ones in the area of TThannellerbahn, to the more sporty and difficult of the Panoramabahn.
Its, according to me a perfect resort for families and beginners who would like to enjoy an easy day of ski, with accomodation and good restaurants accesible on a affordable price too.
But, what about the snow? Well, this season has been alittle bit stange so far with great snow falls at the beginning of December, but nothing else since then, so any resort without a glacier must perfrom at its very best to keep the snow and to fabric as much as they could. Well, in Berwag they have done a great job so far, as the last snowfall was on 10th December and when we visited was on the 30th December, so almost 20 days without snow, and I must say: the whole resort was opened, the snow quality was really good which I personally, taking into account all factors, I would rate 7 out of 10.
Apart form the good quality of the snow, it was very pleasant the fact of not having to wait in the lifts as, even on high holidays period, the ammount of skiers was not too big. Moreover, the Covid-19 safety measures were really strictly followed, to ensore the safety of all of us.
A very recommendable ski resort for those who would like a quiet ad calm holidays in family and/or beginners either way perfect for a couple of days stay which can also be extended visiting the nearby ski areas of the Tiroler Zugspitz Arena or only for a one day trip.
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ,
CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SUPPORT US IN PATREON.COM/MAYAYO