UTMB MONT-BLANC 2022: REGISTRATIONS TO OPEN SOON
UTMB 2022: REGISTRATIONS TO OPEN SOON. Our CALENDAR 2022 bring us the news of the registration opening for the UTMB 2022. Last weeks we have informed you about the UTMB World Series and the 5 new races, toady is the turn of the “mother” of all of them: the UTMB 2022 will open registrations for the different groups as of 7th December.
The 2022 edition of the UTMB® Mont-Blanc will take place on the trails of the Pays du Mont-Blanc and will cross France, Italy and Switzerland from August 22 to 28, 2022. The event will include 7 races: UTMB®, CCC®, TDS®, OCC, PTL®, MCC and YCC.
UTMB MONT-BLANC 2022: REGISTRATIONS TO OPEN SOON
To make sure you don’t miss out, check the important dates for the 2022 registration process:
- December 7 to 19, 2021: registration for charity runners
- January 6 to 18: pre-registration for the lottery & registration for priority runners
- January 26: Results of the lottery
- January 26 to February 6: runners selected via the lottery have to finalize their registration
No registration will be accepted after the deadline.
UTMB MONT-BLANC 2022: ENTRY PROCESS
You can check your priority level to register for the 2022 event on your runner account with the exception for Val d’Aran by UTMB® 2021 finishers.
Please don’t forget that if you wish to register for any race (even if you benefit from a priority entry without having to go through the lottery process), you must meet the following sports criteria:
Runners who have collected Running Stones
- UTMB® race entry: at least 1 Running Stone AND a valid UTMB® Index in the 100K or 100M category
- CCC®, OCC, TDS® races entry: at least 1 Running Stone
Runners who have not collected Running Stones
- UTMB® : 10 points acquired between 01/01/2019 and 31/12/2021 (in 2 races maximum)
- CCC® : 6 points acquired between 01/01/2019 and 31/12/2021 (in 2 races maximum)
- TDS® : 8 points acquired between 01/01/2019 and 31/12/2021 (in 2 races maximum)
- OCC : 4 points acquired between 01/01/2019 and 31/12/2021 (in 2 races maximum)
Finishers of 2018 UTMB® Mont-Blanc races may as well use these races as qualifying races.
If a race you have completed does not appear on your account, there are several possible reasons:
- It is not a qualifying race (you can check our list of qualifying races. In this case, we suggest you contact the race organizer and ask if they have requested to have their race added to the list.
- The organizer has not uploaded the results on, so we cannot assign the result to your profile. In this case, we suggest that you contact the race organizer and ask if the results submission is in progress.
- There is an error in the information provided in your result, which has resulted in a new profile being created or the result being assigned to another runner. Possible reasons include an error in the spelling of your name and/or date of birth.
In this case, please create a runner’s account on. When you log in, you will find information in the FAQ/HELP section on how to merge multiple profiles or add results attributed to the wrong runner. Requests made via the website are processed faster than requests we receive by e-mail.
START NOW TO PLAN YOUR 2022 SEASON TO PARTICIPATE IN THE 2023 UTMB® MONT-BLANC
In 2023, the OCC, CCC® and UTMB® become the Finals of the UTMB® World Series, which aim to bring together the best international trail running races and make the UTMB® experience accessible to everyone.
The UTMB® World Series Events will be the only races that will allow for you to collect Running Stones to enter the UTMB® Mont-Blanc lottery, starting in 2023.
UTMB WORLD SERIES 2022 CALENDAR
To date, 15 events have been confirmed to be part of the inaugural 2022 UTMB® World Series and more races will be announced in the coming weeks. To receive the latest news, you can register here.
We start with the PROVISIONAL calendar and continue now with more details.
UTMB® World Series Events 2022 (confirmed on 5th November 2021)
- Tarawera Ultramarathon by UTMB (New Zeland) 12Feb
- Ultra-Trail Australia by UTMB (Australia) 12-15may
- Trail du Saint-Jacques by UTMB® (France), 11 june
- Mozart 100 by UTMB (Austria) 18jun
- La Sportiva Lavaredo Ultra Trail® by UTMB® (Italy), 23-26 june
- Trail 100 Andorra by UTMB® (Andorra), 24-26 june
- Val d’Aran by UTMB (Spain) 7-10JUL
- UTMB Mont-Blanc (Francia, Italia, Suiza) 22-28AUG
- Nice Côte d’Azur by UTMB® (France), 22-25 september
- Puerto Vallarta México by UTMB® (México), october
- TransLantau by UTMB (Hong Kong), november
- Thailand by UTMB (Thailand) NOV
- Panda Trail by UTMB (China) dates to be confirmed
- Gaoligong by UTMB (China) Dates to be confirmed
UTMB WORLD SERIES: HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Already in recent years we saw UTMB modify the entry method for the UTMB races held in August in Chamonix that favored the finalists of the BY UTMB and UTWT races through the Running Stones and shortcuts, UTMB gives a twist and launches this project.
How does the new circuit work? The new circuit is self-presented in a big way, without complexes: “A revolution for sport that will unite the trail running community through a new integrated sports system open to all. Inspired by UTMB’s high standards, runners will be able to participate in the most beautiful events on the planet.”
IMPORTANT! This circuit will be the only way for riders to start their journey to Mont-Blanc, France, where the prestigious finals will take place. Undoubtedly, a model that Ironman has already applied for years with its mythical end in KONA. And that logically, it seeks to replicate now with CHamonix as a mecca of the world ultra trail.
The UTMB World Series seeks to be the dominant circuit of this sport. To this end, four categories have been defined: 20K, 50K, 100K, and 100M, based on km-effort.
UTMB INDEX: HOW IS IT AND HOW DOES IT WORK
Runners can register directly to the UTMB World Series Events and those with a valid UTMB Index will gain privileged access to register.
The UTMB index is based on the sport’s first ranking system and can be achieved by completing at least one UTMB® World Series Major, UTMB® World Series Event race or by participating in one of the thousands of UTMB® World Series Qualifier races around the world in the last 24 months.
The performance index created by Didier Curdy in 2014 is at the heart of the new UTMB World Series sports system. It has been applied first through ITRA and now from UTMB over the years. In this time, it has proven its relevance and quality.
The performance index will now be accessible only from the new website utmb.world. UTMB is completely separated from ITRA. It stops recognizing ITRA points and refers to its own UTMB points exclusively, both for the popular and the elite.
- Popular: It serves to pass the minimum access to be able to pay a bib, from 1 to 30 points (now renamed as “running stones”)
- Elites: elite They receive a courtesy number free of charge, if they exceed the set level, from 1 to 1,000 points. will continue to provide the level of performance of each rider participating in the UTMB World Series races.
IMPORTANT: UTMB NO LONGER RECOGNIZES ITRA POINTS.
The ITRA points that the races give to the popular will NOT be used to run in Chamonix. The ITRA ranking of elites will NO longer serve to achieve elite invitations to UTMB either.
UTMB INDEX: CAREER CATEGORIES AND PERFORMANCE INDEX
The performance index is calculated for each of the 4 racing categories of the UTMB World Series 20K, 50K, 100K and 100M.
A valid performance index is achieved by completing at least one UTMB World Series Major, UTMB World Series Event or UTMB World Series Qualifier race in the corresponding category in the last 24 months. Once a race category has been activated, all races from the last 36 months will be used to calculate the performance index.
Trail runners also receive an overall performance index calculated by combining results from all race categories. The overall performance index is available as soon as a valid performance index is achieved in a category: 20K, 50K, 100K and 100M.
UTMB INDEX: BENEFITS OF A PERFORMANCE INDEX
Runners with a valid performance index will have privileged access to register for a UTMB® World Series or UTMB® World Series Major event and will use their performance index to validate their entry into the lottery of the UTMB® World Series finals.
Privileged access * corresponds to:
- Exclusive pre-sale period
- Prices guaranteed for early booking
- Access to races on a first-come, first-served basis
* Excluding sold-out races where a draw will be organized. In the event of a tie, the subscription will be exclusive to the holders of the performance index.
In cases where the UTMB World Series Event organization or the UTMB World Series Major requires proof of previous racing experience, runners must demonstrate that they possess a valid performance index of 50K, 100K or 100M.
Check your Performance Index in utmb.world: Here is the example of our colleague Mayayo.
In www.utmb.world you will find the results of your most recent races and the update of your Performance Index based on your results. The consultation is free to access, but now you can create an account at no cost to access detailed statistics and link your broker registration to your account.
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ,
CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SUPPORT US IN PATREON.COM/MAYAYO