GARMONT TIKAL 4S G DRY: MICHELIN SOLE SHOES FOR MOUNTAIN AND URBAN USE.
GARMONT TIKAL 4S G DRY: MICHELIN SOLE SHOES FOR MOUNTAIN AND URBAN USE. Our LIFESTYLE SHOES section bring us today a novelty for this Auttumn/Winter from the Italian bran Garmont: the Garmont Tikal 4S G Dry.
These are nubuck leather shoes which combine outdoor technology and style for dependable everyday comfort in both mountain and urban environments arrive with a price of 139€ and a weight of 400 g (size 42.5). Let’s go with the technical analysis by Hekruca.
GARMONT: NO NEED TO BE EXTRAORDINARY
TO DO EXTRAORDINARY THINGS
The Garmont® brand was first incepted in 1964 in the “elected land” of sports footwear: the Sportsystem district of Montebelluna, Northern Italy.
With the motto “No need to be extraordinary to do extraordinary things” they are creating mountain boots, mountin running shoes, lifestyle shoes and military boots.
GARMONT TIKAL 4S G DRY: MICHELIN SOLE SHOES
FOR MOUNTAIN AND URBAN USE
These low cut nubuck leather shoes combine outdoor new urban benchmark for lightness, comfort and style, 365 days a year in both mountain and urban environments. The G-Dry technology delivers durable waterproof protection while the Michelin® Cross Terrain sole ensures stability, support and excellent traction on different terrains.
GARMONT TIKAL 4S G DRY: DATA SHEET
- Price: 139€
- Weight: 400 g. (size 42.5)
- Upper: 1.6 mm nubuck leather
- Toe bumper and heel reinforcement, for better protection.
- G-DRY construction protects from water and wind ensuring good breathability.
- Natural fibers footbed for excellent moisture-wicking properties.
- EVA and cork midsole, with antitorsional shank, for comfort and stability.
- Michelin® Cross Terrain outsole provides adaptability on different terrain for stability and support on uneven terrain.
GARMONT TIKAL 4S G DRY: SOLE BY MICHELIN
Soles by Michelin® develops customised soles leveraging its cross-functional expertise and works with major brands around the world. Garmont® has partnered with Michelin® to develop several customised soles for our products that deliver high performance in all activities.
Michelin® Cross Terrain
Adaptability. Stability. Traction.
- Tread design on climbing zone for better adherence and traction
- Small polyhedral sculptures increase lateral adherence, traction and contact surfaces
- Grooves to increase flexibility and adaptability
- Dynamic tread design follows the stride movement
- Sculpture on arch area for increased traction and stability on obstacles
- Radius at the base of sculptures to increase self-cleaning
GARMONT TIKAL 4S: G DRY MENBRANE
The new G-DRY membrane guarantees waterproofness up to 10,000 mm and offers excellent protection against the wind, keeping the foot dry and comfortable even on the wettest days. This membrane combines breathability, waterproofing and sustainable solutions such as ecological lamination.
GARMONT TIKAL 4S: CONCLUSION
The first impresion with this Garmont Tikal was related to its delicate cuts and the nice italian mountain-urban style. Obviously, being used to light trailrunning shoes, this ones are different with its 400 grams, however the menbrane, the leather softness and the Michelin sole give them many points to be the day to day shoe for this autumn and winter in the south of Germany.
Stay tuned so we will let you know in the throurought test how do they handle the kilometres and weather conditions.