RAIDLIGHT AVATARA POLE: COMPACT AND SOLID FOR MOUNTAIN AND TRAIL.
RAIDLIGHT AVATARA POLE: compact and solid, for mountain and trail. Our TRAIL RUNING GEAR section looks at these Raidlight poles today. The French brand has created these poles thinking of a solid but compact material, which we can use both in mountain races and in trekking and classic mountaineering outings. That’s why they combine carbon and aluminum, they are foldable in three sections and very well topped.
RAIDLIGHT AVATAR POLE: COMPACT AND SOLID FOR MOUNTAIN AND TRAIL.
Raidlight has been innovating and constanly looking for different solutions. In this case, they bring us poles that serves to run ….and for much more. Hence its hybrid construction combining the lightness and rigidity of carbon with the flexibility of aluminum. To highlight, the quality of the finishes, with details such as the two snow / mountain rosettes, the rubber stud for the tip, the Velcro tape for quick collection or the soft and extra-long EVA grip, which we will appreciate in large slopes or long runs to half a hillside.
Let’s go the main features of the poles:
- Hybrid material: aluminum and carbon.
- Diameter of the segments 16mm – 14mm -12mm. Thick enough to be firm. Fine not to bulk up or weigh.
- Measurement: 37.5 cm. folding. They are 3.5cm longer than rivals like Ferrino Thuy.
- Weight: 240gr unit. Up to 25gr lighter than rivals like Ferrino Thuy..
- Foldable in 3 parts, 2 fixed plus adjustable.
- Soft wrist strap. Adjustable. light and comfortable
- Anatomic grip and eva anti-slip. Extra-long for high or low grips according to each zone.
- Closed and deployed fast: R-Lock system that combines upper clip with lower rivet for four sections
- Two standard tips: Tungsten steel and rubber, to choose according to terrain and legal regulation.
- Mountain rosettes and snow as standard.
- Price 80€. Up to € 14 less than rivals with the same philosophy as Ferrino Thuy.
RAIDLIGHT AVATAR: HIGHLIGHTS.
- They combine robustness and flexibility. This Avatara turns out to be a versatile pole. It will fit us well for a wide range of uses in mountain sports. You will appreciate it in races like Alpinultras, tests such as Canfranc, Cainejo or Travesera where the support of the poles in descent is vital. And a stronger cane that holds more before leaving is appreciated.
- Compact.They are poles that combine the telescopic of the first section and folding the next two. This allows them to be stored in a very limited space. The four sections add up to a length of 37.5 cm when folded.
- Folding and unfolding easily and well collected: They arrive equipped with the R-Lock system, which combines the pull-up clip with the rivet down to open/close. A quick, safe and easy adjustment… as long as the tension wheel of the clip and the useful life of the rivet are reliable, Famous were the Grivel “banderillas” canes whose rivet was sheared by rubbing metal against metal. This is one of the key points that the tester should evaluate, whose conclusions we will bring later.
- Good finishes: Long grip with Eva foam, for variable grips in height; dragonera hyperlight but adjustable and very soft to the touch; Velcro tape for firm and fast collection; Double rosettes and rubber tip stud as standard. In short, you cannot ask much more of it. Well… maybe a carrying bag, but that accessory today has almost gone down in history in the sector.
RAIDLIGHT AVATAR: CONCLUSION.
Versatility, robustness and low volume folded are the key to these sticks. They also offer a good combination at a price of € 85 much lower than other rivals on the market.
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ,
CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SUPPORT US IN PATREON.COM/MAYAYO