DEUTER PROTECTOR BIKE BACKPACK FLYT 14: LIGHTWEIGHT, PROTECTION AND COMFORT FOR ALL YOUR BIKE RIDES.
DEUTER PROTECTOR BIKE BACKPACK FLYT 14: lightweight, protection and comfort for all your bike rides. Our MOUNTAIN BIKE section bring us today a bike backpack model from the German brand deuter, the Flyt 14.
Its price is today in the official deuter store is 150€. It comes with a 1150 g weight (with protector) compatible with 3 liter drinking system/bag, available in three different colors and the brand offers a 2 years protector replacement in case it is deformed after a fall. Let’s go with the technical analysis of this deuter bike backpack Flyt 14 by Héctor Rubio.
DEUTER: MAD ABOUT MOUNTAIN SPORTS FROM THE HEART BAVARIA.
Who is deuter? It is a German high-technical backpack and outdoor equipement brand founded in 1898 in Augsburg by Hans Deuter. At the beginning of the XX century, they provide the Bavarial Royal Mail with post sacks and mail bags and soon after with the beginning of the World War I procided the army with bags, backpacks and tents. During the mid of the XX century they continued with their company development and a deuter backpack was the companion of Hermann Buhl in the first Nanga Parbat ascent in 1953.
Now a days, deuter is part of the Schwan-Stabilo Group together with mountain equipment brands such as: Ortovox (Outdoor and mountain/ski clothing), Maier Sports (Outdoor and mountain/ski clothing) and Gonso (Bike clothing), and they manufacture multiple high quality products such us:
- backpacks for freeride, alpinism, ski touring and biking.
- child carriers
- sleeping bags
- first aid kits
- hydration systems and travel accessories
Their commitment with a better world is part of the company philosophy and since 2020 all deuter products seek to be free from PFC. Deuter now uses a DWR (Durable Water Repellency) that is harmless to health and environmentally compatible and completely dispenses with PFC. This special surface treatment ensures that water beads off the outside of the textiles and the product remains dry.
DEUTER FLYT 14: BIKE BACKPACK
TO PROTECT YOU IN EVERY BIKE ADVENTURE.
The deuter Flyt range has 4 different bike backpacks with protector: the Flyt 20 and 14 for men and the Flyt 18 SL and 12 SL. Being the deuter Flyt 18 and 12 SL (Slim Line) versions specifically designed for women. Today we analyze the deuter Flyt 14 version for men, but the caracteristics of the other volumes are the same as this one. (except the women specifications)
DEUTER FLYT 14: BIKE BACKPACK TO PROTECT YOU IN EVERY BIKE ADVENTURE.
This Flyt 14 has been pared down to the essentials, lightweight backpack but still has all the features you need for a big day on the trails: Clips to attach a half-shell helmet, side compression straps to attach a full-face helmet and two stowable gear straps for attaching protective gear to the outside of the pack. And of course, there’s the TÜV/GS-certified back protector that’s easy to remove and provides maximum safety for when things go wrong. The deuter Airstripes back system on the Flyt provides excellent ventilation across the back.
So, if you have never used a backpack when riding, this Flyt 14 is a perfect start: not too big not too small. Great compannion for any of your bike rides, whether you are on your mountain bike or gravel/cyclocross bike this backpack enables you to carry all the needed belongings such as the tyre inflator, food, tools, clothing and not only that, it also comes with a back protector for great safety.
DEUTER FLYT 14: DATA SHEET
- Weight: 1150 g
- Volume: 14 l. Available also in 20 liters (men) and 18 and 12 liters as SL (Slim Line) version for women.
- Price: 150€
- Dimensions: 49 / 26 / 16 (L x W x D) cm
- Load adjustment straps
- Adjustable sternum belt
- SOS label
- Pull-forward hip fins
- Outer pockets (2)
- Rain Cover
- Compatible with 3.0 litre drinking system/bag
- Tyre inflator pump compartment
- Compression straps
- Goggle holder on shoulder strap
- Free Crash Replacement
- Shield System
DEUTER FLYT 14 HIGHLIGHTS
- Protector: the TÜV-GS tested back system combines pleasant carrying comfort and outstanding ventilation in the spaces between the pads with maximum safety for falls.
- Crash replacement: free Crash Replacement: After a fall, deuter replaces a deformed protector free of charge within the 2-year warranty.
- Side Smartphone Pocket: pocket for smartphones on the back with side zip. The smartphone is protected but also accessible without having to take off the backpack.
- Material: 210D PA This fabric has a very tight weave and despite the lower strength of 210D it is still very robust. It is tear and abrasion resistant, watertight to 1500 mm yet still lightweight. 100D PA High Tenacity This is the lightweight version of our polyamide 330D/250D textile. Thanks to the thinner yarn it has been possible to reduce the weight enormously. The tight web structure makes the fabric highly resistant and tearproof.
- PFC free: This deuter product does not contain perfluorinated or polyfluorinated chemicals. deuter thus reduces the use of environmentally harmful substances that pollute the environment and health.
DEUTER FLYT 14. CONLCUSION
A lightweight protector backpack with all the features you need! All in all is a great companion for any of your bike rides, whether you are on your mountain bike or Gravel/cyclocross bike this backpack enables you to carry or the needed belongings such as the tyre inflator, food, tools, clothing and not only that, it also comes with a back protector for great safety.
We only have used one day so far and it has already shown great adaptability for both men and women, even if for women used we highly recomend the SL version, we also wanted to test the possibilities. The Airstripes back system enables your body heat to regulate and provide you de confident needed in some descents.
It gently covers the back and the different straps allow you to find the balance between the needed pressure when going up and the comfort when going downhill.
We continue with the deep test and we will let you know how it goes!
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ,
CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SUPPORT US IN PATREON.COM/MAYAYO