SUUNTO 9 PEAK: THINNER, LIGHTER, SOLID AND MORE BATTERY… FOR €700.
SUUNTO 9 PEAK: thinner, lighter, solid and more battery (Up to 170h GPS). Our GSP WATCHES section presents you the Suunto 9 Peak: according to the brand is thinner, lighter and has an extended battery life up to 170h using gps. Against it, the 700€ of price with which it is positioned. We start with the official presentation video and then we advance some of its functions, which we will analyze thoroughly in the future.
SUUNTO 9 PEAK
Suunto has officially unveiled its finest, smallest and toughest watch, the Suunto 9 Peak. With 700 € price as a base, the promotional brand’s literature highlights its ultra-thin design, more wireless software updates, up to 170 hours of battery life with GPS and blood oxygen measurement.
Faced with the great pressure of its classic rival Garmin and the recently arrived Coros, the Finnish brand was already forced to move forward or be taken off, hence Suunto has launched yesterday with as much hype as possible the latest version of its flagship watch, the Suunto 9 Peak. It does it with a logical marketing move: On the one hand, design inspired by the award-winning Suunto 9 Baro, on the other it recovers the nickname of that mythical Ambit 3 Peak that when launched, back in 2014 was a step forward in this sector.
The promotion has no complexes: “The finest, most powerful and durable in the brand’s history” “Designed for extreme adventures and experiences, with an elegant design that perfectly fits the wrist for maximum comfort.” “Tested in the most extreme conditions” We hope all the above is true, given the failure of Kilian’s Suunto in that double Everest back in 2017 which generated much of the controversy about his double ascent. Now, that KIlian is back there, we hope he’s already got this new device with him and there won#t be any doubt of his Everest-Lhotse traverse. 🙂
SUUNTO 9 PEAK: DATA SHEET.
- Price 699
- Bezel material: Grade 5 titanium. One step ahead, to match the Vertix Choirs.
- Glass Material: Sapphire crystal. High classic quality of the brand.
- Case Material: Titanium grade 5, polyamide reinforced with fiberglass.
- Strap Material: silicone
- Weight 52 g / 1.83 oz
- Strap Width: 22 mm
- Wrist Sizes: 125-175 mm (215 mm replacement strap). OJo to rubber pins, they last 1 year approx.
- Customizable watch faces. A classic in the brand.
- Multisport with up to 80 preset modes.
- Touch screen lock during exercise. (For the sake of all, which gave a thousand problems)
- Touch screen and color
- Submersibility 100 m
- Battery indicator percentage/icon
- Type of Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery
- Smart Battery Modes: Clock only 14 days; 24/7 tracking and 7-day mobile notifications; Training with GPS options 25 h / 50 h / 120 h / 170 h
SUUNTO 9 PEAK: HIGHLIGHTS.
In addition to the price and strength of titanium used, the key commercial hook is undoubtedly that the Suunto 9 Peak has up to 170 hours of GPS recording capability in tour mode. It also provides functions that reduce the disadvantage of its rivals. Now we have blood oxygen measurement, for example. It also promises a full battery recharge in one hour.
The Suunto 9 Peak comes with all the industry-leading features of the Suunto 9 family, including over 80 sports modes such as running, walking, mountain biking, skiing or swimming; Customizable displays to show the most relevant training data, an intelligent battery management system, accurate heart rate monitoring, detailed weather information and extensive navigation capabilities.
NEW SUUNTO 9 PEAK UPDATES INCLUDE:
- Minimalist Nordic design, which is 37% thinner and 36% lighter than the award-winning Suunto 9 Baro.
- Blood oxygen level measurements to help determine the highest altitude acclimatization levels.
- Automatic adjustment of backlight intensity according to lighting conditions
- Faster charging: 100% battery in 1 hour
- Improved watch strap with a new metal clamping pin.
- New sphere that displays weekly training metrics and inspires new routines.
SUUNTO 9 PEAK WITH SUUNTO INTERFACE.
The Suunto app integrated with the Suunto 9 Peak, allow users to plan routes effectively with sport-specific thermal maps and popular starting points, which can be created and transferred to the watch for offline navigation. The mobile app allows the user to discover new locations, create points of interest and remember previous adventures with personal heat maps. In addition, the sync speed between the Suunto 9 Peak and the Suunto app now doubles with Bluetooth 5, the latest version in Bluetooth technology.
The Suunto 9 Peak will be available in two different styles with four nature-inspired colors: Titanium blue granite and white titanium birch, made of sapphire crystal and titanium grade 5 and Black and Grey Moss, made with sapphire crystal and stainless steel.
HEIKKI NORTA, SUUNTO CEO.
“When we designed a new watch, we started by evaluating the user experience as well as its expectations and combined it with our latest technological developments.
We found that many people wanted the features of the Suunto 9 Baro, but in a smaller, more optimized design that didn’t compromise battery life or feature set. Our team of designers and engineers worked closely together to develop the Suunto 9 Peak in response to this need.
Building on our 85-year experience creating adventure products, we are proud to launch this watch with a new minimalist Nordic design.”
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ,
CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SUPPORT US IN PATREON.COM/MAYAYO