HH ODIN MINIMALIST INFINITY (160GR): TOP RANGE JACKET IN WEIGHT-PROTECTION FOR MOUNTAIN AND TRAIL.
HH ODIN MINIMALIST INFINITY (160GR): TOP RANGE JACKET IN WEIGHT-PROTECTION FOR MOUNTAIN AND TRAIL. Our MOUNTAINEERING section brings us today the brand new HELLY HANSEN ODIN Mountain Infinity Shell Jacket.
The Norwegian origin brand, renews its range for skiing and mountain of its ODIN range with new technologies and details. It comes with a price of 280 € for a 15k/20k membrane, all in a featherweight of 160gr. To be highlighted, the excellent quality of patterns and finishes. Especially a real high mountain hood, which will protect us completely in case of blizzards or storms. Analysis by Mayayo.
HH ODIN MOUNTAIN INFINITY
160GR./ MEMBRANE15K/20K / 280€
Since its origins back in 1877 the Norwegian brand HELLY HANSEN, has continued to evolve, research, collaborate and make high quality gear until reaching this innovative LIFA Infinity Pro technology.
This jacket was born to be the top of the brand’s range: It wants to be totally waterproof, breathable and sustainable in its development. This garment was born to be part of the brand’s alra range, with a lighter approach than its sister the HH ODIN MOUNTAIN INFINITY SHEL. It wants to be totally waterproof, breathable and sustainable in its development. Now we will see each of these points as they have been worked.
The truth is that they have managed to create an ideal garment, by light, reliable and well protected, for any winter activity, even in the harshest conditions. To highlight, within this membrane jacket of the Norwegian brand, the premiere of the new LIFA Infinity Pro technology
Patented by HELLY HANSEN is a revolutionary technology that uses the house’s historic Lifa fabric (those white striped T-shirts, which have been high for nearly 40 years) to improve exterior protection as well. This eliminates the addition of chemicals to provide a durable and natural water repellent treatment.
HH ODIN MINIMALIST INFINITY: DATA SHEET.
- Price 280
- Weight 160gr. Up to 440 grams less than her sister the Odin Mountain Infinity. 3-layer fabric
- LIFA Infiniti Pro Technology
- Waterproof, breathable and sustainable
- Polypropylene microporous membrane
- Built-in RECCO advanced rescue system
- Design and pockets compatible with the use of helmet, harness and backpack
- Horizontally and vertically adjustable hood
- Detachable and adjustable waist for powder snow
- Mechanical ventilation
HH ODIN MINIMALIST INFINTY SHELL JACKET. HIGHLIGHTS.
This jacket seeks, according to the brand, to provide us with a professional performance with innovative and responsible technology that pays tribute to waterproofness and breathability. Let’s see what arguments they rely on.
- INFINITY LIFA MEMBRANE: The Odin Minimalist Infinity Shell Jacket features the revolutionary LIFA INFINITY membrane, waterproof and breathable, achieved without chemicals. The veteran’s LIFA technology is the Helly Hansen’s patented fiber in the 1970s, lightweight and hydrophobic. The new LIFA INFINITY membrane developed from 2019 is fully waterproof and breathable. It is based on durable water-repellent performance that is achieved without chemicals. Thus, it achieves eternal water-repellent protection that never needs to be re-waterproofed with a chemical treatment after use.
- DEPERLANTE DWR. In addition to the membrane, the deperlante is an outer surface layer that keeps the droplets compact and prevents them from heating. This way, with barely shaking the jacket those drops fall to the ground. It works in conjunction with the membrane, each in its role to combine professional grade waterproofness and breathability.
- OPTIMAL PATTERN AND FINISHES: Another of the most outstanding advantages is the functional design of the Odin Minimalist Infinity Shell Jacket. It can be quickly and easily stored in your chest pocket, has a premium hood, with co-implant fit in case of blizzard and helmet capable. Toped all with a chest pocket for mobile, keys or similar usage.
It has an integrated Recco reflector. The reflector is a tiny (13 mm × 51 mm × 1.5 mm) capsule, and very light (4g) containing a pair of leaf antennas joined by a diode. It is a simple electronic method that comes standard, to find people trapped under an avalanche or lost in hard-to-reach areas. Its inventor was Magnus Granhed, in Ere, Sweden and has been operational since 1980.
The Recco system consists of two parts: A reflector (integrated into clothing, such as this and a detector in the hands of professional rescue teams. The detector sends a directional signal that bounces when hit with a reflector. Using the signal, a trained professional can determine the precise location of the buried victim.
Of course, it can never replace the usual Arva system (Avalanche Victim Detector), Shovel and Probe. But given the expensive of it and the complex of driving for many new mountain fans, any help can be vital. And in this case, the Recco allows, when rescue professionals manage to get to the place at full speed, to increase our options.
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ,
CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SUPPORT US IN PATREON.COM/MAYAYO