HOKA CHALLENGER ATR 6: OR HOW TO RUN LONG AND EASY WITH 30mm OF CUSHIONING.
HOKA CHALLENGER ATR 6: Off-road trail shoe. Our TRAIL RUNNING SHOES section presents today the most accessible model of Hoka One One for long and simple rolling.
Its 130€ price, shared with Torrent 2, together with its focus on use on tracks and easy path, make it a logical entry the maximalist world of the brand of French origin. And its height to the ground of 30mm in heel is noted when running.
HOKA CHALLENGER ATR 6
The HOKA TRAIL 2021 range features seven different shoes: You can see them all here as they are portrayed today by the official website of the brand. Complete the series an eighth passenger, in this case limited edition of the iconic Speedgoat.
HOKA ONE ONE: THE DESIGN PILLARS.
As you can see in the image above, almost all Hoka shoes (the Torrent as an exception) share basic principles: More than 25mm. cushioning, Contained weights (264-333gr), medium drop (4-5mm), rocker chassis and oversized sole in width that stabilizes ground height and better distributes weight. Light foam: Hoka remains true to its patented EVA rubber blend. They emphasize that it is more elastic, for better support and energy return. They also argue that it is more durable than traditional EVA. . The foam has received different names, including RMAT and R-Bound, but the underlying chemistry is essentially the same. Rocker chassis: Translated into names like Meta-Rocker and the Active Foot Frame.
- The Meta-Rocker is a combination of a low heel tip drop and a rounded sole shape that, according to the house, complements the natural stride and helps to propel forward.
- The Active Foot Frame cradles the foot deeper into the shoe midsole, providing more support as you run. Hoka compares the design to sitting in a low bucket seat of a race car. And true, that peculiar adjustment made it narrow for many people to narrow their last years.
HOKA ONE ONE CHALLENGER ATR6. DATA SHEET AND CHANGES VS. ATR 5:
- Price 130€ The cheapest in the range, next to the Torrent 2. Maintains ATR5 price.
- Weight: 279gr. Light for the much espu, which it leads to, but now without Vibram. Interestingly, according to the brand gains weight compared to the 254gr of the Challenger ATR 5.
- Ground height and drop: Height 25mm/30mm. Drop 5mm. Same ATR dimensions 5.
- Sole: Hoka. The basic sole of the brand, designed for more long runs.
- Lugs 4mm.
- Stability and cushioning (1-3) 1/3 – 2/3
- It arrives in five colors this 2021, to choose, one more than the ATR 5.
HOKA CHALLENGER ATR 6: STRENGTH POINTS AND WEAK POINTS.
Shoes marked AS ATR (All terrain) are the brand’s most pisters, which can easily alternate even trail sessions, easy trail and even asphalt. In its sixth version, the Challenger ATR 6 seeks to enhance that facet, combining mountain lightness and softness on the asphalt. The midsole structure and suel construction have been combined to offer versatile traction. The CMEVA foam midsole seek to absorb impact and provide a stable step. Its distinctive sole has an area construction to optimize grip and weight.
This season’s version uses recycled Unifi REPREV yarn obtained from plastic waste. That new mesh is attractive and fits well, thus closing a debate about its open fit with the previous ATR 5. Watch out if you have a wide foot because as is often the case with Hoka, the last may not make you comfortable. Especially, look calmly if you notice the toe as a little narrow. The grip is, as in the previous Challenger ATRs a little limited: It makes a stop when we get into technical terrain like mud, snow or rocks. Neither the sole durability nor the stability of the shoe are best suited for this purpose. Of course, that’s what your Hoka Torrent 2 or Speedgoat 4 sisters are already in the brand’s range.
HOKA ONE ONE CHALLENGER ATR 6, CONCLUSION.
In short, the Challenger ATR 6 remains the most logical entry into the brand’s “high mattresses”. It stands out as an option for long mountain races on simple terrain. Its versatile and comfortable configuration makes it very suitable for tracks. It will also fulfill worthily on moderate trails, without much mud and even allows you to ride comfortably on asphalt.
For its most affordable price, fans of the brand will often use it as their long and simple running shoe on a daily basis, which combine with some more agile or technical to compete
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ,
CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SUPPORT US IN PATREON.COM/MAYAYO
Read the article in Spanish HERE