CIMALP TRAILRUNNING WINTER CLOTHING: TIGHTS, SHIRTS & THERMAL JACKET.
CIMALP: WINTER TRAILRUNNING CLOTHING. During the working sessions in the French Pyrenees for the recent PATRON AWARDS, our colleagues from www.carrerasdemontana.com had the opportunity to test the best of the brand for mountain racing.
They have run with this material the KV of Laruns first and the KV of the Pic Cherue after. Also with snowshoes and cross-country skiing under the Midi d’Ossau. Afterwards, the CIMALP clothes have been used from the Guadarrama, to the Catalan Pyrenees, Aragonese Pyrenees and more…. Today we bring you seven novelties below, but before… we went over our particular top5, inside the Cimalp clothes for trail running.
CIMALP: WINTER TRAILRUNNING CLOTHING
Who is CIMALP? CIMALP is a mountain French brand created in 1964 by a mountaineer who has distinguished himself by trying to develop technical and reliable products, but at affordable prices. Established at the foot of the Alps between Vercors and Monts d’Ardéche, CIMALP designs material for all mountain sports: skiing, hiking, mountaineering and mainly Mountain Running, that in a few years become the star of the company within the French market. They are technical products at a contained price and only available online.
CIMALP, WINTER TRAIL RUNNING CLOTHING: Today we review with you the new of its range. There are 4 T-shirts, 3 tights and 1 jacket dedicated to running in winter. Logically, all eight are garments designed for the cold. Notably, they have been tested in their development by their elite team, which includes top-athletes such as Marie DORIN-HABERT (Olympic champion biatlon) and Amandine FERRATO, world silver IAU Ultra 2019 in Portugal. Let’s go with its latest thermal t-shirts, running tights and second layer jacket.
LONG SLEEVE THERMAL T-SHIRTS: ARGENTIERES, GELAS, ALBAN & HUEZ
CIMALP thermal t-shirts offer a good heat-to-weight ratio and great breathability. In fabrics, CIMAFLEX 3D fabric technology seeks an adjustment to the entire body, while CIMAFRESH technology promotes rapid evaporation of sweat and to try to stay dry during exercise. The finishes, with reflective prints and other details finish the whole well.
- SMART-WARM® insulating fibers with an excellent weight/heat ratio and great breathability.
- CIMAFLEX 3D® gives the fabric a greater stretch. Improved performance, optimal comfort.
- CIMAFRESH® technology that promotes the rapid evaporation of perspiration by keeping you dry during exercise.
- Zippered back pocket
- Reflective prints on the back
- Also available with round neck
- Price 49€ For the high-neck version 44€ For the round neck version
TRAILRUNNING TIGHTS: TENDE, MUNHOA.
They are warm and comfortable, but with the necessary support. You’ll like to know that CIMALP trail tights feature an oversized belt with 5 easily accessible pockets, one of them zipped. They are designed to avoid any swinging sensation during the race.
- Belt with 5 easily accessible pockets (inc. 1 zippered back) reinforced to avoid running swing. CIMAFLEX 3D fabric Ultra-elastic fibers for great freedom of movement
- Flat seams that minimize the risk of chafing
- Breathable elastic inner truss for comfort
- Ankle zippers
- Reflective prints
- Price 69€
TRAIL BLIZZARD THERMAL JACKET
The last garment we bring you is a second layer thermal jacket. An elastic, warm and breathable garment that we can wear when it’s cold outside, but it’s dry and the membrane would just make us sweat too much. It seeks to combine thermal insulation with great elasticity. To decay it is reinforced on the shoulders and back to prevent the backpack from rubbing the fabric. This will last us longer.
- CIMAFLEX 3D fabric® for optimal thermal insulation and great stretching capacity.
- Colors to choose from: Red, black, dark blue and light blue. CORDURA reinforcements on shoulders and back to prevent backpack scratches
- Total openness with flap under the zipper
- Reflective prints
- You’re burying me
- 1 zippered chest pocket
- Weight 380 g.
- Price 64€
CIMALP CLOTHING PHOTO GALLERY
While we wait to start the thorough tests of these seven novelties, here we leave you images of other Cimalp garments that we have already been able to test on all kinds of winter outings, with good results.
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ,
CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SUPPORT US IN PATREON.COM/MAYAYO