NEW BALANCE HIERRO V6: THE 2021 MODEL GETS BETTER AND BETTER.
NEW BALANCE HIERRO V6: THE 2021 MODEL GETS BETTER AND BETTER. New Balance’s best-sellers once again give a twist and presents us this winter with a polished and improved version of the best-selling: Hierro. Lighter and with a better fit than ever before, it’s the goal.
Here’s how the brand presents them: “The Fresh Foam Hierro V6 for men offers us a combination of durability and functionality perfect for our long distances and more epic competitions, thanks to the premium cushioning provided by the Fresh Foam X and the unbeatable traction of its Vibram MegaGrip sole. A very renewed upper composed of a single layer of technical fabric, wefted, resistant and micro-drilled, favors perspiration and reduces weight. It is protected in turn with TPU paint applications that improve durability and fit, keeping the foot secure and safe.”
NEW BALANCE FRESH FOAM HIERRO V6:
(140€. Weight 339gr; Drop 8mm, Cushion 20mm-28mm)
NB HIERRO V6: KEY FEATURES IN THE UPPER AND WEIGHT REDUCTION.
As the brand itself presents them in its data sheet, it is a shoe that finally slightly reduces its weight compared to its sisters, from 359gr of the V5 to 339gr of V6. As the brand itself acknowledges, that weight adjustment comes from the new, more breathable and tight cover. In the same way, the other key variables remain unchanged, given the success in the previous reception.
- Price 140€. Maintains the previous level. It’s in the mid-high segment in the market. Away from ranges such as the Salomon Slab 180€ but somewhat higher than the 120€ of many other good shoes. For performance in long running, versatility and durability, have proven to be a well-invested money for the popular runners. Maybe that’s why it won #Premiopatron in 2020.
- Drop 8mm: it maintains the height to the floor of the Hierro v5 with 28mm at the back and 20mm in front, with new stud arrangement. Great cushioning that will make people speak for sure.
- Upper: New design for this new version. Built in an enveloping way that aims to protect the foot from external elements and prevent anything from getting inside us. It continues to seek to improve breathability and fit of its predecessors, now using a continuous single-threaded fabric. As a result, the new mesh provides a much more comfortable and controllable fit; which means safer. The top fits very tightly and is soft for the foot thanks to a well-padded tongue. On technical ground it will be where you will thank it most, since it was one of the limits of the previous shoe. Look, it doesn’t get to match it Sisters Summit KON or Unknown in it, nor does he seek to do so. Each one have each role in the NB catalog.
- Midsole: Fresh Foam X, From the V5 Hierro
- incorporate a new evolution of Fresh Foam into the midsole, the Fresh Foam X. Regular hexagons switched to irregular asymmetrical shapes that replicate “real” microscopic foam structures. They thus minimize tension points and facilitate the adaptation of the midsole to each irregular tread. An asymmetrical design that improved lightness, cushioning, reactivity and protection. It makes sense that it will follow this 2021.
- Oversized Vibram Megagrip outsole, Works, don’t change it. Continue with the Vibram Megagrip sole looking for the greatest possible traction in all types of terrain, but this time with many design changes. The new V5 tack was clearly directional and with a more worked drawing than the previous one. It’s still here, as follows the extra width of the sole.
- Ground height 20mm-28mm: The previous numbers follow. Without being maximalist, the combination of oversized width, plus the 28mm heel, plus the performance of the Fresh Foam X give a very powerful result in terms of cushioning long and ultra runs.
NEW BALANCE HIERRO V6, CONCLUSION.
The NB Fresh Foam Hierro saga continues with a constant revolution. From those early versions that came very close to the long-yearned Leadville to this sixth generation, they continue to look for continuous improvements. For many, this NB Hierro V6 promises to be the best in the saga, as reliable, breathable and comfortable as the V5, but lighter and tighter in the technical sections.
Good looks, so we hope to start testing thoroughly as soon as possible before this sixth version of the Hierro and check if New Balance has managed to advance further along the path of the Holy Grail of shoes, that with maximum versatility to give confidence to more corremontes in more different terrains. Just in case… technically don’t forget its sister the NB Summit KOM. For many, a little-known pearl even in our country.
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ,
CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SUPPORT US IN PATREON.COM/MAYAYO