SALOMON SLAB XA AMPHIB 2: AN ORIGINAL SOLUTION, TO RUN WITH RAIN AND MUD.
SALOMON SLAB XA AMPHIB 2: Born for swimrun, a great ally when facing rain and mud. Our TRAIL RUNNING GEAR section has recently introduced you the latest news of the Salomon Slab Cross, Alphacross, Wildcross and now the amazing Amphib XA2. The ladies’ poker that elite Salomon chose in Azores Golden for four consecutive stages between rain, fog and mud.
This Salomon Slab XA Amphib 2 was born for swimrun, mix of running/swimming races. And over time, its lightness, drainage and grip have confirmed it as a great choice for rainy days and fierce mud. With a recommended price of 180€, for a featherweight of 215 grams and a drop of 4mm, topped by Contagrip TA rubbers. Let’s go with the analysis by Mayayo.
SALOMON SLAB XA AMPHIB 2.
REVIEW BY MAYAYO.
Born to compete in swimrun, the SALOMON SLAB XA AMPHIB 2 was designed as a top-of-the-range running and swimming shoe. It has shown that it works perfectly out of the water. The second version of the concept is the new S / LAB XA AMPHIB 2, which arrives even lighter than its predecessor, weighing just 215 grams.
It is designed to be it fast and very efficient on both dry and wet terrein. It will highlight its precision and fit, designed to stay firm even when completely soaked. Once we run, its cushioning with the new Energycell is designed to butt the pace for the trails, with a light and natural stride aided by the 4mm drop.
On rainy and muddy days, it stands out above all for combining the best water evacuation and a great grip. The mesh stays light even when soaked and dries quickly on the ground. The second strong point is its grip. Use a special Contagrip Premium Wet Traction rubber that seeks to hold on to even the wettest rock. Oh! And if you use it for swimming, in the water a red mark on the sole allows you to follow your teammate easier.
SALOMON SLAB CROSS (180€ / 230GR/ DROP 4MM)
- PRICE 180€, The usual in the Slab range. Identical prices as her sisters Slab Sense 8 and Slab Sense 8 SG that we present here.
- DROP 4MM. A classic also in the Slab range that maintains the rise traditionally considered as optimal biomechanics for the elite.
- WEIGHT: 215 GRAMS. A real featherweight, It is true that it weighs a little more than the Slab Sense 8 SG (205gr) but also stays below the Slab Sense Cross (230gr)
- GROUND HEIGHT:17-25mm. The usual height in most of the Salomon range, will not be strange to fans of the brand.
- SOLE: Contagrip TA Wet Traction. A specific rubber to always run in wet. The compound seeks maximum grip on wet surfaces of all kinds, whether loose, soft, rough or uneven. It has deep and sharp heels made of a compound that balances durability and adhesion.
- QUICKLACE CABLE LACES: The Brand Classic is still here. Not everyone like them, but whoever fits, highly values its sturdy, minimalist lace fit for pulling. Easy to put on, easy to remove, no doubt.
- A SINGLE COLOR: Black and Blue
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ,
CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SUPPORT US IN PATREON.COM/MAYAYO
Read the original article in Spanish HERE.