ADIDAS TERREX TWO ULTRA PARLEY: ULTRA TRAIL SHOES, BOOST CUSHIONING & CONTINENTAL SOLE
ADIDAS TERREX TWO ULTRA PARLEY: Ultra trail shoes, with Boost cushioning and Continental sole. Our TRAIL RUNNING GEAR section today brings the new winter version of this shoe that first arrived in stores in June 2020.
The Adidas Terrex saga, continues to expand catalogue, after the recent ADIDAS TERREX AGRAVIC BOA, arrives this Ultrarunning shoe, to roll long through easy or medium terrain. It comes with a 180€ for a weight of 320gr, a drop of 6mm and a Continental sole with medium lugs. Let’s start with the analysis by Mayayo.
ADIDAS TERREX TWO ULTRA PARLEY
TECHNIAL ANAYLISIS BY MAYAYO
These shoes are a step in the development of Adidas Terrex towards the great ultras, so dominant in the United States. Hence among the today’s powerful competition team was precisely Timothy Olson who was chosen for the official photo gallery thatwent with the launch and that we offer you below.
Technically it is a shoe consistent with that otarget: Its weight is correct for the wide cushioning they carry and seeks to be very comfortable, thanks to a woven upper that adapts to the feet, a wide front and a great cushioning under the foot that incorporates an EVA midsole. The initial fit, very similar to a sock, takes a little time to get used to, but it looks for loose gravel or mud to stay out of the shoe when running on tracks and trails.
Adidas Terrex Two Ultra Parley Data Sheet
- Price: 180€
- Weight: 320 grams. Little high for a shoe that wants to be very competitive also for elites. It does not include a complete membrane, just a water repellent one.
- Drop 6mm: Not much, not a common midpoint in the saga.
- Height: 23mm front and 29mm at back. Low and glued to the ground, to have better feeling of the terrain in technical sections. The cushioning bets on a new Boost midsole, more “soft” than the EVA. It is done looking for maximum energy return and greater adaptability on rocky surfaces.
- Upper with parley: It opts for a combination of breathable inner mesh and integrated membraneless outer legging, seeking an optimal and comfortable fit, which protects without overwhelming us when the temperature rises.
- Continental Sole: A reliable grip and already well tested on a variety of different surfaces. In fact, it recovers here the most veteran sole of the brand, with medium hlugs of just 3mm more related to the hard terrain of tracks and firm trails than to mud and snow.
ADIDAS TERREX TWO ULTRA PARLEY: HIGHLIGHTS.
The chassis follows a growing trend since Hoka’s birth of a rocker seeking a smoother landing-takeoff transition.
The overall is topped with the already more than well-known Continental rubber sole, which although varies the design of the heels according to each model: Here you have 3mm for firm ground. It maintains almost the same rubber compound throughout the range, so we know the good grip-durability balance it offers, as well as worthy behavior in wet rock conditions. However, it may not reach rival levels such as Salomon contagrip, INov8 graphene G-grip or the new next-generation Asicsgrip.
The cover is extremely breathable but lacks rigid finger protection. However, for running light trails, as well as for everyday use in general, they are great and also get a positive recognition for their ecological credentials.
ADIDAS TERREX TWO ULTRA PARLEY: RECYCLING
All Parley products use synthetic fibres made from recycled plastic waste. Plastic is intercepted from beaches and coastal communities before reaching the ocean. It is a concept developed by Parley for the Oceans, a global network of creators, thinkers and industry leaders who are collaborating to raise awareness of the state of our seas and develop projects that will benefit the environment It is not a miracle solution, but it is a positive step, especially if other major sportswear brands do the same and like to boast that a shoe recycles for use up to 11 plastic bottles.
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ,CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SUPPORT US IN PATREON.COM/MAYAYO
Posted by Héctor Rubio @hekruca for Trailrunningspain
Pingback: ADIDAS TERREX TWO FLOW: TRAILRUNNING SHOE WITH BOOST CUSHIONING AND CONTINENTAL SOLEtal sole | TrailrunningSpain.com