GOLDEN TRAIL WORLD SERIES. THE GRAND FINAL IN ITALY
GOLDEN TRAIL WORLD SERIES. THE GRAND FINAL IN ITALY. Our GOLDEN TRAIL SERIES section brings to us the grand final in Italy. The Golden Trail Series Grand Final will take place in Italy’s Liguria region on 19th – 22nd October, 26KM, 1,430M V+.
GOLDEN TRAIL WORLD SERIES
Il Golfo dell Isola Trail Race
PROLOGUE 19-20 October
The PROLOGUE races on Thursday for WOMEN and Friday for MEN foreseen DEPARTURE and FINISH from the IL GOLFO DELL’ISOLA TRAIL race village at the Ferrer Manuelli terrace by the sea in Spotorno (SV).
The route develops over a single 8,7 km loop with 400 m of positive difference in altitude.
Both ELITE and AMATEUR athletes can participate.
Departures will be given to groups of 4 people with departures every minute.
MAIN RACES 21/22 October 2023
The main races on Saturday and Sunday will see both ELITE and AMATEUR athletes at the start.
WOMEN will compete on Saturday and MEN on Sunday, with start and finish in via Fiumara in Noli (SV).
The track winds along a ‘flower’ circuit with start, finish and 3 passes at the same point where a FAN ZONE will be set up where supporters and spectators can enjoy the show and follow the race live on a big screen.
The race takes place on marked trails and tracks. The total development is 26 km with a total positive difference in height of 1,430 m.
There will be a single refreshment point from which all the athletes will pass 3 times (6th, 13th and 23rd km).
Maximum time: 6 hours
GOLDEN TRAIL WORLD SERIES.
30 athletes vying for one title
After six incredible stages, the Golden Trail World Series ELITE runners will be facing off in the 2023 Grand Final at Il Golfo dell Isola, Italy. Only the season’s top 30 male and female runners can compete in this category and in the final the points are doubled compared to the season’s regular races (100 points for the time trail and 300 points for the final race), so everyone can still fight for victory! Who has the gas to pip Rémi Bonnet (Salomon/Red Bull, Switzerland) to the post? Will there be the anticipated duel between Sophia Laukli (Salomon, USA) and Judith Wyder (Hoka/Red Bull, Switzerland)? See you on 19th to 22nd October to find out.
The most stacked field of all time!
The ITRA scores for this start list are unequivocal: a trail running race has NEVER had such a competitive line-up! With the men’s 10 highest ITRA scores’ average at 920.6 and 780.9 for the women, the Golden Trail Series Grand Final is at a stratospheric new level!
The GTWS top 10 men and women
- Rémi Bonnet (Salomon/Red Bull – CHE – ITRA: 947): 600 pts
- Roberto Delorenzi (Brooks – CHE – ITRA: 905): 520 pts
- Manuel Merillas (Scarpa – ESP – ITRA: 925): 516 pts
- Eli Hemming (Salomon – USA – ITRA: 910): 514 pts
- Patrick Kipngeno (Run2gether – KEN – ITRA: 944): 512 pts
- Philemon Kiriago (Run2gether – KEN – ITRA: 926): 464 pts
- Bart Przedwojewski (Salomon – POL – ITRA: 911): 446 pts
- Elhousine Elazzaoui (Holyfat – MAR – ITRA: 916): 431 pts
- Dani Osanz (Adidas Terrex – ESP – ITRA: 899): 430 pts
- Daniel Pattis (Brooks – ITA – ITRA: 911): 421 pts
- Sophia Laukli (Salomon – USA – ITRA: 803): 600 pts
- Judith Wyder (Hoka/Red Bull – CHE – ITRA: 803): 588 pts
- Malen Osa (Salomon – ESP – ITRA: 733): 488 pts
- Sylvia Nordskar (Hoka/Dælhie – NOR – ITRA: 746): 472 pts
- Miao Yao (Salomon – CHN – ITRA: 733): 463 pts
- Theres Leboeuf ( Compressport – CHE – ITRA: 766): 457 pts
- Caitlin Fielder (Salomon – NZL – ITRA: 775): 440 pts
- Daniela Oemus (Salomon – GER – ITRA: 758): 438 pts
- Mădălina Florea (CSM Sighisoara – ROU – ITRA: 758): 432 pts
- Élise Poncet (Millet – FRA – ITRA: 756): 430 pts
The Golden Trail National Series also have their final
In addition to the ELITE’s race, which determines the GTWS 2023 winners, the top 3 men and women from each National Series (GTNS) are also invited to partake in this final and compete in a GTNS-specific ranking. The top 3 men and women from this GTNS ranking will each be awarded a Golden Ticket granting an invitation to three GTWS 2024 races. As well as competing as individuals at the final, these athletes will also be representing their National Series via a team ranking, which is calculated by totalling each GTNS’ two best men’s and two best women’s times. So, which GTNS will be crowned the world’s top National Series? Find out on 22nd October!
Watch the final live on Eurosport!
As well as being able to watch all the races in this final on our YouTube channel, you will also be able to follow the women’s and men’s races live on Eurosport. These races have been purposely separated to give the women and men identical full live coverage and to allow them to cheer each other on at their respective races.
Check out the programme:
- Thursday 19th October – 4:30 pm: Women’s time trial
- Friday 20th October – 4:30 pm: Men’s time trial
- Saturday 21st October – 10:00 am: Women’s race (26km and 1,430m V+)
- Sunday 22nd October – 10:15 am: Men’s race (26km and 1,430m V+)
GTWS 2023: CALENDAR
- 14 May: Zegama-Aizkorri, Spain — 42 km / 2,736 m D+*
- 25 June: Marathon du Mont-Blanc, France — 42 km / 2,540 m D+
- 15 July: Dolomyths Run, Italy — 22 km / 1,750 m D+
- 12 August: Sierre-Zinal, Switzerland – 31 km / 2,200 m D+
- 16 September: Pikes Peak Ascent, United States — 21 km / 2,382 m D+
- 22 September: Mammoth 26K—Mammoth Trail Fest, United States — 26 km / 1,400 m D+
- From 19 to 22 October: Grand Finale, Il Golfo dell’Isola Trail Race, Italy — 23 km / 1,200 m D+ (+ prologue)