TOR DES GEANTS 2017: PREREGISTRATION STARTS TODAY FOR RACES 10-17SEP . (330k/120k) NEW TOT DRET 120K RACE.
The Tor des Geants 2017 starts today at 12.00. Pre registration has just opened for the Eighth Tor des Géants that will take place from September 10-17, 2017. Thus, one of the most coveted finish line for any ultrarunner begins. Pre registration will continue until February 14 and there are no benefits of any kind for those registering on the first day.
Follow us herebelow to learn all details on the classic mountain traverse all around Val d´Aosta which we have been covering live for several years now. As homage to those giants of last year that achieved their dream, let us relive here the start of 2016.
TOR DES GEANTS 2017: PREREGISTRATION RULES
Final draw scheduled for 28TH FEB
First of all, relax, there is no need to run to your computer today at once. You make think it over twice beofre committing to such a challenge. Take your time!
- First of all, before completing pre registration, check your profile and, if needed, update it on the 100%Trail site.
- Carefully read the regulations of the race and the rules for registration where you will find all the answers to any concerns.
We remind you that aspiring “giants” whose names were not drawn or who did not benefit from repechage in 2015 and 2016 will benefit from a multiple draw ratio. In practice, the names of the runners already pre registered during the above-mentioned years that were not drawn or did not benefit from repechage, will be entered multiple times in the draw list, giving these competitors a better chance.
The draw will take place by February 28 on the site random.org. The lucky participants will then receive an email confirmation by the organization and will be able to proceed to final registration.
Tot Dret, the big news in 2017 (130k/D+12.000m)
February 1 marks the date of the start of registration for the Tot Dret, the big news of 2017. It is a race of 130 km (12,000 m D+) to be held from Gressoney to Courmayeur on the same route and during the same week as the Tor des Géants®. Even those who are not yet ready to face the Tor des Géants®, or those who simply were not lucky with the draw, will be able to participate on the trails of Aosta Valley and live the magic of the race.
The Tot Dret will start from Gressoney Saint Jean on Wednesday, September 15 at 9:00 p.m., and the race is scheduled to last for a maximum of 38 hours.
From February 1 at 12:00 p.m. until February 12 at 6:00 p.m., the initial registration period will start for 500 runners. From March 1, after the draw of the Tor des Géants®, registration will be reopened for another 250 competitors.
Once again, it is recommended that you carefully read the regulations, the rules for registration and that you check your profile on the 100%Trail site.
Seven reasons to register for Tot Dret
- The route follows the Alta Via no.1, with views of Monte Rosa, the Matterhorn, Grand Combin and Mont Blanc;
- The well-known extraordinary hospitality of the Aosta Valley people at any time of day or night;
- The army of volunteers and professionals supporting the mountain race;
- The possibility of living the magic within the most loved and well-known endurance trail;
- The cosmopolitan atmosphere with trailers participating from 70 countries and from all five continents;
- The time limit within reach of every ultratrailer adequately trained;
- The final parade through Courmayeur cheered by the crowd on each side.
TOR DES GEANTS: GENERAL RACE INFO (332k/D+24.000m)
Tor des Geants has followed a most consistent route year after year. The full course covers up to 332Km, with a cumulative vertical ascent of 24.000 and a maximum of 150 hours to make it as finisher. Starting and finishing in the italian alpine village of Courmayeur, it circles iconic mountains -The Giants- such as Mont Blanc, Monte Rosa, Gran Paradiso and Matterhorn.
TOR DES GEANTS 2016 Photogallery by Organization.
MORE ON SKIMO, TRAIL RUNNING AND MOUNTAIN GEAR
- Our best reviews for selected mountain gear.
- Our video collection with athlete´s interviews, races and more.
- Carrerasdemontana.com offers the best trail info in spanish, since 2007.
Info by Mayayo Oxígeno for Trailrunningspain