SALOMON S-LAB PULSAR: KILIAN’S JORNET NEW FAST & LIGHT TRAILRUNNING SHOE.
SALOMON PULSAR: Kilian Jornet Flying Trail Shoe. Our TRAIL SHOES section presents today another great novelty of the catalog of the French brand. The Salomon Pulsar is already in stores: It arrives with 180€, featherweight of 170 grams and a drop of 6mm between forefoot and heel.
SALOMON S-LAB PULSAR: KILIAN’S FAST & LIGHT TRAILRUNNING SHOE
Together with the asphalt running shoe and ultra-background SALOMON SLAB PHANTASM, which we presented to you in 2020, this SALOMON SLAB PULSAR completes the duo of novelties for asphalt and mountain launched to the market to be designed directly with Kilian Jornet.
Their goal with them has been to achieve some of the most iconic records: this happened successfully in mountain cases, such as the Sierre Zinal 2019, and not as good as expected in cases such as his debut on 10km of asphalt and the ultra 24H in Norway.
SALOMON SLAB PULSAR: WHAT’S NEW?
The PULSAR stand out for using the latest cutting-edge technology within Salomon’s own S/LAB range. Logical, since Kilian was looking for a light, fast and very agile shoe on the trails. Hence the development team launched and managed to reduce the weight of this shoe to 170 grams. But also, with the development of the mesh project it now incorporates the fit of a soft sock, plus the Matryx mesh clamping. Complete one upper at a time breathable and reinforced. The third leg of the set is completed with a new strategic damping.
SALOMON SLAB PULSAR: DATA SHEET.
- Price: 180€. An average price, which curiously maintains almost that of 2012. Logical, since it will now be a mid-range solution, for popuar platoon runners who prime protection and confidence.
- Weight: 170 grams. Spectacular. Featherweight that lowers even the 199gr of its asphalt sister the Phantasm
- Drop: 6mm, A higher drop, than the usual 4mm in the Slab range. Still, drop medium-low which in this way becomes somewhat less technically demanding and provides a little more mattress back if we heel.
- Ground height: 17mm front and 23mm at back. A shoe in the usual line of Salomon heights, where the average of the entire Slab range has been 18mm for years.
- Clamping: Extremely firm and light. It combines the firm fit of the Mesh fabric with the Matryx system. which includes aramid threads interscovered on the sides.
- Laces: Quicklace system.
- Midsole: Energy Surge. New light and reactive foam. It combines EVA and olefinic fiber [OBC] that seeks long-lasting damping and rebound energy return.
- Contagrip MA sole: The most balanced on the entire range of surfaces. It seeks to balance geometry and rubber compound to provide confidence in wet, dry, hard or slippery, as well as offering long-term durability.
- Anti-rock plate: Profeel Film, thin plate against stones and sharp surfaces. You gain comfort and stability.
SALOMON SLAB PULSAR: CONCLUSION.
A shoe to fly on all kinds of trails with firm terrain. Extreme lightness, but at the same time with details such as the firm support of the Mesh+Matryx, the drop 6m and the Contragrip MA sole that make it more than just a flying one for short runs. A shoe with a wide range of use, which is, for its high price, makes it advisable to book it as much as possible to compete.
SALOMON 2022, WHAT IS COMING.
For next year, we highlight two models: The Maximalist Ultra Glide with 32mm long running cushioning on firm ground and the Salomon Cross Pro 2 for mud and soft racing. Today we are going with the return of the panzer the Salomon XT 6, whose last thorough test with us dated from the Salomon XT Wings 3 of 2012.
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ,
CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SUPPORT US IN PATREON.COM/MAYAYO