SALOMON SLAB CROSS: THE WINTER RACING SHOE.
SALOMON SLAB CROSS: Salomon’s great novelty this winter racing. Our TRAIL RUNNING GEAR section recently presented you in panoramic view the new range with the first four Salomon Cross 2020 models. It was salomon Speedcross 5; Salomon Wildcross; Salomon Supercross Blast and Salomon Alphacross Blast. Now let’s go with the fifth element, the brand new Salomon Slab Cross for elites.
The Salomon Slab Cross arrives as it best suited for racing to the fullest for mud, rain and soft snow in the elite. As a reference, Aritz Egea himself already bet on her in the recent Salomon Golden Trail Azores. It comes with a price of 180 € for its 230 grams, with a 4mm drop, Contagrip TA sole and an integrated high sock. Let’s go with the analysis by Mayayo.
SALOMON SLAB CROSS. REVIEW BY MAYAYO.
A year ago we presented the pioneering Supercross and Alphacross, which opened the Cross family looking to offer a Speedcross image-based to a wider range of runners, with different prices and functions. This 2020 we have seen how the French brand bets heavily on the Salomon Cross range with no less than five new trail models equipped with/without membrane and also with male and female versions all of them. In the end, we leave you a comparative summary of the first four launches with the membrane version. Without a doubt, a leader’s move to cover all runner profiles.
Let’s go now with this SALOMON SLAB CROSS that like the entire Slab range is designed to compete in the elite, for performance….and for those 180 € of price.
SALOMON SLAB CROSS (180€ / 230GR/ DROP 4MM)
The brand officially presents it to us like this. “Inspired and tested by elite athletes, the new S/LAB CROSS is ready to conquer any terrain, no matter how technical. Its innovative stud geometry maximizes traction on muddy or wet terrain, while the ankle legging does not let dirt pass. We’ve also incorporated a breathable Matryx® padel racket that wraps around your foot for a safer and more precise grip” Sounds good, of course. Let’s take a closer look at the technical elements combined in it.
- PRICE 180€. The usual in the Slab range. Identical prices as her sisters Slab Sense 8 and Slab Sense 8 SG .
- DROP 4MM. A classic also in the Slab range that maintains the rise traditionally considered as optimal biomechanics for the elite.
- WEIGHT: 230 GRAMS. A real featherweight, though, with that built-in sock weighs a little more than the Slab Sense 8 (195gr) and Slab Sense 8 SG (205gr)
- GROUND HEIGHT:17-25mm. The usual height in most of the Salomon range, will not be strange to fans of the brand.
- SOLE: Contagrip TA. The rubber Contagrip sole features deep multi-directional lugs to improve mud traction. Built for maximum grip on slippery, soft or bumpy surfaces, this rubber balances durability and grip.
- UPPER SENSIFIT SETTING: This model changes a lot from the Speedcross last from which it is part. Adds toe space, SensiFit shovel side wings and a water-repellent TUP mesh. It is thus sought that the feet are safe and comfortable.
- QUICKLACE CABLE LACES: The Brand Classic is still here. Not everybody likes it, but whoever fits it, highly values its sturdy, minimalist lace fit for pulling. Easy to put on, easy to remove, no doubt.
- MATRYX LATERAL REINFORCEMENT. A new side support from this 2020 is woven with aramid fiber, which offers comfortable and efficient support throughout the foot.
- ONE SINGLE COLOR: Black.
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ,
CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SUPPORT US IN PATREON.COM/MAYAYO