.The BOA fit system was born in 2001 at Steamboat springs, Colorado. The first implementation was created to help in medical oprations. and the concept then evolved into sports, starting by snowboardin. Nowadays, BOA´s strong presence at the ISPO Munich includes highlights from reputed partners La Sportiva, Adidas Terrex, Lowa, Dachstein or Zamberlan.
La Sportiva launched new trail running VK Boa; Dachstein its lightweight hiker Leggera Boa LC; Adidas TERREX updated trail running shoes TERREX Two Boa and TERREX Agravic Boa; Lowa introduced ice climbing shoe Ice Rocket GTX and Zamberlan, their technical mountaineering boot, Eiger Lite GTX RR Boa. Let us first see how the BOA FIT SYSTEM, then move on to latest launches.
BOA FIT SYSTEM 2020 NOVELTIES: LA SPORTIVA, ADIDAS TERREX, DACHSTEIN, LOWA, ZAMBERLAN…
For over 18 years, Boa has led the industry in performance fit systems across numerous product and sport categories, and is proud to expand in key markets with innovative configurations that maximize performance for a dialed in fit. With proven success in the outdoor market, Boa sees continued growth with existing brand partners as they launch market-leading trail run, hike and mountaineering footwear.
The Boa Fit System will have a strong presence at the upcoming OutDoor show as Boa brand partners debut new models, new colorways and updated classics through a range of outdoor disciplines.
- La Sportiva – known for his technical Mountaineering products will round out its Boa offering with the new VK Boa® – a trail running shoe specifically designed for vertical kilometer competitions.
- Dachstein will expand its Boa-equipped collection with the addition of a new lightweight, breathable hiker, the Leggera Boa LC.
- Adidas TERREX will present an expanded performance kids Boa range complete with four models, along with the updated TERREX Two Boa® model and new colors of the TERREX Agravic Boa for lightweight performance on the trail.
- Lowa, is adding a technical approach shoe alongside its Boa-powered ice climbing shoe, the Ice Rocket GTX.
- Zamberlan, made its debut in hunt with two models at ISPO earlier this year and is adding a technical mountaineering boot, the Eiger Lite GTX RR Boa
LA SPORTIVA La Sportiva has now a broad collection of Boa-equipped models that vary from high mountain shoes to lightweight mountain running shoes dedicated to vertical races. Models include the Olympus Mons Cube, G2SM, G5 and the new VK Boa.
LA SPORTIVA – VK BOA The VK, designed for Vertical Kilometer competitions, was developed with the record-setting men sprinters of the discipline and enriched by the Boa® Fit System that wraps the foot providing a fast, intuitive, dialed in fit. The VK reduces weights and volume to a minimum for maximum uphill performance.
Tech specs: Drop 4 mm | Price 155.– € | Weight women 150 g, men 180 g Available sizes women 36–43, men 38–47 | Launch Date SS20 Field of application Mountainrunning vertical | Boa® Fit System L6 Dial with TX4 Lace
ADIDAS TERREX Adidas TERREX strengthens its Boa offering across four adult models and four kid’s models. The adult footwear includes the carryover Conrax Boa® winter boot, new colorways of the successful Agravic Boa®, the updated TERREX Two Boa® and TERREX Two Boa® GTX. adidas’ all-new kid’s models to hit the trails include the TERREX Boa® R.RDY K, TERREX Boa® K, and TERREX Boa® Mid R.RDY K, joining the existing Winter Mid Boa® K model.
- ADIDAS – TERREX TWO BOA The TERREX Two Boa® offers precise adjustment for all-terrain support, featuring updated upper materials to enhance fit, an added a fourth Boa lace guide, a padded tongue, and new colorways. With a wide fit for an enhanced feel over long runs and the extended security of the Boa® Fit System over the mid-foot, this shoe is built for comfort and distance on the trails. Tech specs: Drop 6 mm | Price 129.95 € | Weight men 310 g Available sizes women UK 3.5–10.5, men UK 5.5–14.5 | Launch Date SS20 Field of Application Trail | Boa® Fit System L6 Dial with TX4 Lace
- ADIDAS – TERREX AGRAVIC BOA: The TERREX Agravic Boa® is a light, fast, and stable trail shoe with the Boa® Fit System for a personalized fit, fast and effortless adjustment, and the ultimate in security. The grippy Continental™ Rubber outsole offers next level traction and the endless energy return of Boost™ helps runners conquer steep mountain trails. Tech specs: Drop 7 mm | Price 149.95 € | Weight women 260 g, men 285 g Available sizes women UK 3.5–10.5, men UK 5.5–14.5 | Launch Date SS20 (new colors) Field of Application Trail | Boa® Fit System L6 Dial with TX4 Lace
- ADIDAS – TERREX BOA K: The TERREX Boa® K is ideal for performance-oriented kids that are eager on the trail. Built for precision and grip, the upper offers easy one-handed adjustment of the Boa® Fit System for a dialed in fit, while the multi-directional grip of adidas’ Traxion™ outsole helps navigate mud and climbs.
Tech specs: Price 69.95 € | Weight 170 g Available sizes 10K–13.5K, UK 1–6.5 | Launch Date SS20 Field of Application Trail Kids | Boa® Fit System L6 Dial with CS1 Lace
DACHSTEIN Dachstein features Boa in three models, the existing Alpha Boa® LC GTX, the new Arctic Boa® GTX for fall/winter 2019, and the Leggera Boa® LC that is set to launch in spring 2020.
Leggera Boa® LC Alpha Boa® GTX Artic Boa® GTX
- DACHSTEIN – LEGGERA BOA LC The minimalist and multifunctional Leggera Boa® LC shoe is low-cut and combines an innovative knitwear fabric with sock construction and the Boa® Fit System to dial in the perfect, pressure-free fit. Integrated structurally into the upper, the Boa® Fit System provides added lateral stability, yet the shoes unique construction makes it exceedingly light and airy, perfect for summer adventures.
Tech specs: Price 149.95 € | Weight 294 g (size UK 8.5) Available sizes women UK 3.5–9, men UK 7–12 | Launch Date SS20 Field of Application Hiking | Boa® Fit System L6 Dial with CS1 Lace
Boa® Dial L6
ZAMBERLAN – EIGER LITE GTX RR BOA ZAMBERLAN Zamberlan spans both hunt and alpine categories with its Boa collection, including the current Lynx Mid GTX RR Boa® and Leopard GTX RR Boa® hunt boots and the all-new alpine Eiger Lite GTX RR Boa® boot.
- The Eiger Lite GTX RR Boa boot is designed for alpine expeditions, high elevation mountaineering, and ice climbing. Alongside a carbon fiber insole, GORE-TEX lining, and Vibram Penia outsole, the Eiger Lite features the Boa Fit System for dialing in the perfect fit. Eiger Lite GTX RR Boa Lynx Mid GTX Leopard GTX rech specs Price 549.– € | Weight 890 g (EU size 42) Available sizes EU 39–48 | Launch Date SS20 Field of Application Mountaineering | Boa® Fit System M3 Dial with CS3 Lace
Boa® Lace CS3 / Boa® Dial M3
BOA FIT SYSTEM 2020 LAUNCHES AT ISPO: Official Photogallery
MORE ON SKIMO, TRAIL RUNNING AND MOUNTAIN GEAR
- Our best reviews for selected mountain gear.
- Our video collection with athlete´s interviews, races and more.
- Carrerasdemontana.com offers the best trail info in spanish, since 2007.